Barnes
    Henson
    Plumlee
    Ross
    Sullinger
    MKG

Ross still goes 8.

Comment

I can't believe people are actually putting Lillard above Davis....

Like you've got to be kidding me. I really hope it's just because Davis keeps getting hurt, because AD is a significantly better player.

20-10 guy that can give you 3 blocks and 2 steals a game? Elite defensively? Lillard isn't even close to that level of impact.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        20 years ago i probably would go with the big. But the NBA right now has become a guards league. You're not going to win in this league without great guard play.

Give me a guard over a big anyday of the week.

Like in the upcoming draft. I'd take a guy like Exum or LaVine over a guy like Embiid. Didn't mention Parker and Wiggins, because it's a no brainer i'd take either one of them over Embiid.
        The NBA is not a guard's league. At least, if you're trying to win a championship, you ideally do not want a point guard to be your top scoring option. They are too easy to stop/slow-down with long, agile perimeter defenders (George, Kawhi, LeBron, etc) due to their lack of size. Ideally you want your top scorer to be on the wings or in the post if you're trying to win a championship.

I take Davis over Lillard any day. Look at the last few PGs to win the title:

2013: Chalmers
        2012: Chalmers
        2011: Kidd (way past his prime)
        2010: Fisher
        2009: Fisher
        2008: Rondo (before he was a star)

The only team to win in like the last 20 years with a PG as their top scorer was the Spurs in 2007, and Duncan was still the leader of that team. I think Parker was only able to be the #1 scorer that year because of how bad the Cavs were.
        Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sat Jan 4, 2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

hahaha all this time reading this for some reason I thought you guys meant Ed Davis...I was fairly shocked hahaha

I'm dumb

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Shiiiiiit!

How'd I miss Waiters?!?!?

Top 15

1. Lillard
            2. Davis
            3. Drummond
            4. Beal
            5. Henson
            6. Barnes
            7. Ross
            8. Plumlee
            9. Sullinger
            10. Waiters
            11. Lamb
            12. MKG
            13. Green
            14. Wroten
            15. Nicholson
            I think you guys are over-rating Henson. Very nice PER, yes, but sort of Amir-like (probably a bad comparison, because I know everyone LOVES and overrates Amir on this board) in that he isnt asked to do to much on offense .. but just plays an efficient game, hits his shots, plays a role, with limited upside.

I think Barnes and Ross go ahead of him for sure. I also think you have Sullinger too high (for similar reason as to why he was drafted so low ... injury concerns and limited upside, despite being able to be a solid contributor out of the blocks if healthy)

Comment

I'm actually surprised that no one would take Drummond over Lillard.

My top three would definitely be
              1. Davis
              2. Drummond
              3. Lillard

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                I can't believe people are actually putting Lillard above Davis....

Like you've got to be kidding me. I really hope it's just because Davis keeps getting hurt, because AD is a significantly better player.

20-10 guy that can give you 3 blocks and 2 steals a game? Elite defensively? Lillard isn't even close to that level of impact.
                i guess so... lillard is playing on one of the best teams in the nba right now, so im not sure if he "isn't close to that level of impact"
                Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

aaron.in.toronto wrote: View Post
                  i guess so... lillard is playing on one of the best teams in the nba right now, so im not sure if he "isn't close to that level of impact"
                  I agree to an extent...

But Davis is 3 years younger, and playing on a team where he doesn't have anyone of Aldridge's quality for opposing Ds to pay attention to. It's scary to think what Davis will be like in 3 years.

Comment

Davis is a superstar if he doesn't get injured. Lillard is an all-star.

Drummond could be a superstar if he continues his growth, but if he stays as is he'll be one of those guys everyone loves at first and then keeps picking at as the years go by without championships (Blake, KLove, Melo, DWill, etc.)

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Davis is a superstar if he doesn't get injured. Lillard is an all-star.

Drummond could be a superstar if he continues his growth, but if he stays as is he'll be one of those guys everyone loves at first and then keeps picking at as the years go by without championships (Blake, KLove, Melo, DWill, etc.)
                      Drummond's game has not grown at all. His minutes have gone up and he's basically producing at the same level. That's some "growth" in terms of being able to shoulder the higher minutes load....but his skill set has not evolved at all. He has a very long way to go to be a superstar. He's very young so that's working in his favour, but he'll have to work on his game like crazy. He will probably be an all-star though.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Drummond's game has not grown at all. His minutes have gone up and he's basically producing at the same level. That's some "growth" in terms of being able to shoulder the higher minutes load....but his skill set has not evolved at all. He has a very long way to go to be a superstar. He's very young so that's working in his favour, but he'll have to work on his game like crazy. He will probably be an all-star though.
                        He's definitely grown. His shot is always improving, he's smarter in how he plays. He's legit. It's just if he can continue to grow and become Shaq or stay as he is and end up as (hmmmm who would be a good comparison?) a new age Ralph Sampson(?)........or Andrew Bynum maybe?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          He's definitely grown. His shot is always improving, he's smarter in how he plays. He's legit. It's just if he can continue to grow and become Shaq or stay as he is and end up as (hmmmm who would be a good comparison?) a new age Ralph Sampson(?)........or Andrew Bynum maybe?
                          ?? His shot hasn't improved at all. He's still only effective right at the rim. He's basically exactly the same offensive player as last year.

His D has also not shown any noticeable improvement. He's not bad there, but he hasn't really shown any leap in any way, and this is the part of the game that will be easier to improve since he already has most of the skills he needs.

Is he playing better/smarter? He's probably making fewer "rookie" mistakes, but since he's in his 2nd year, that's expected.

Here's a good read on Drummond, noting some positives, but also negatives.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/1...radas-pictures

*I expect him to have a very good chance at being the best defensive C in the league down the road. I haven't seen anything from him yet that suggests to me he'll be an offensive anchor in the post though. And his FT shooting will make him a liability in late-game situations.

Comment

Royce White is making a comeback. The KIngs signed him to a 10 day contract and are assigning him to the D League.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/03/05/621...gn-former.html

Comment

Can you call it a comeback if he was never really here to begin with?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So he's now played for 3 NBA teams but never actually played in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X