- Elite passer and unselfish player, fits in will with the new ball-movement mantra that this team has.
- Tenacious rebounder especially on the offensive glass, which is an area the Raptors have excelled in recently
- Has deep three point range, can stretch the floor, which is going to give Jonas a ton of room on the block as well as leave driving lanes open for DeMar.
- One of the best overall scorers in the league (2nd in the NBA atm with TS% just under 60).
- 25 years old, only a year older than DeRozan, would fit right into this core in terms of youth. Hasn't necessarily peaked yet.
The only real knock on him is on the defensive end, and I think getting him and losing Amir or moving Amir to the bench would probably hurt us defensively a bit. But if Jonas can mature as an anchor, I don't see it being a huge concern. This would also give us an extremely potent and consistent offence and allow DeRozan to assume a proper role of 2nd option that's more suitable to his talent level and skillset.
The problem is I have no clue how we get him, especially if the Lakers have cap space in 2015. I think it's pretty clear he's going to want out of Minnesota though, with them consistently missing the playoffs and also not really being a big market at all. Maybe we could acquire him via trade. If Minnesota is looking to rebuild in a Love deal, we do have a lot of picks and expiring contracts we could potentially use to acquire him.
Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Love/Valanciunas would be so, so, so good.