Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig wrote: View Post
    Unless of course Love wants to be here. Toronto is winning now, if they keep winning....and with the youth of the teams significant players.... he may decide its the place to be.

Not everyone wants to play with Kobe....especially old broken Kobe.
    What makes you think he cares at all about Kobe?

He's a star. He'd probably see himself as the next great Laker to carry the franchise, replacing Kobe. Will Kobe even finish out his contract? He's had a complete tear of his Achilles, one of the worst injuries an aging athlete can have. And now a smaller injury clearly related to not being strong enough coming back from the first one. He may not last as long as he hopes.

Comment

I dunno, the fact that his D isn't up to par kind of takes away from what we've been doing well for the past couple of games. We can't risk having cracks in our defense, and having one at the PF spot gives me memories of JV and Bargs on the floor together last year (although JV has improved since then).
      OG is our king

Comment

I think that whoever that player may be, MU will be very very picky about who he pays a max-level contract to. I don't see him as the type of GM that is going to give a max-level contract to just anyone, regardless of how good they are. Even at max-level, MU will look at the value he is getting, because any max-level contract is going to hinder the ability of the team to add complimentary pieces and develop. So, if adding that type of player to this current core, it will all be about fit. He isn't going to throw his hard earned flexibility out the window just for ANY superstar or elite talent. That player has to absolutely fit the TEAM he is trying to build, and within the identity that the team has, and of course to the best of MU's ability to determine that without actually having that player on the roster.

MU will not want to add that max-level player only to find out he isn't the right fit and then either have to trade that player or rebuild the team around that player. I trust that MU will make the right decision, but I just hope that he doesn't throw an offer out there to the best available FA, if free agency is the way he went. Nor do I want him to dismember the team's identity for the best available player via trade.

Of course, if the current direction and identity aren't what he has in mind, then my concerns here are really just rubbish.

Comment

Love is a top 10 player in the league.. so he would be an upgrade to anyone on the team. But saying that MU has talked about identity a lot.. and the first think you need to do before you bring in just anybody is consider that identity.

There is a thread going on about that now.. but one of the things you keep hearing is gritty, defensive, team first, hard nosed, etc.. When I hear those words I'm not sure Love comes to mind.

What would be perfect would be a young Kevin Garnett Maybe we could build a time machine and see if Minnesota would be willing to trade him instead

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Love is a top 10 player in the league.. so he would be an upgrade to anyone on the team. But saying that MU has talked about identity a lot.. and the first think you need to do before you bring in just anybody is consider that identity.

There is a thread going on about that now.. but one of the things you keep hearing is gritty, defensive, team first, hard nosed, etc.. When I hear those words I'm not sure Love comes to mind.

What would be perfect would be a young Kevin Garnett Maybe we could build a time machine and see if Minnesota would be willing to trade him instead
            exactly, and I have similar concerns with Durant, but at least we know Durant can exist on a good defensive team. And thats the problem with any max-level elite/superstar type player...it's hard to bring them in and hope they just fit with your identity, as many are responsible for their respective teams identity themselves, or in combo with other 'stars' in the lineup. Lebron would probably be the best fit, but realistically do the Raps actually have any chance at LBJ. Stern wouldn't like it, that's for sure...although he is on his way out, no?

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post

Lowry/Ross/DeRozan/Love/Valanciunas would be so, so, so good.
              What exactly are the Raptors going to trade for Love if Ross/DD/Lowry/ JV are all still here?

Comment

I never watch him....why is his d bad?

Comment

Love is going to the Lakers. It's only a matter of time.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    I never watch him....why is his d bad?
                    It's not terrible, he's just not a game changer on the defensive end.

I think he's one of those players that would actually be a good defender if he was on a good defensive team. People used to say David West couldn't defend well either before he went to Indiana.

Comment

Just saw this, from Saturday night's game.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        Just saw this, from Saturday night's game.

shit happens.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                          What exactly are the Raptors going to trade for Love if Ross/DD/Lowry/ JV are all still here?
                          Seriously.

And what exactly is the point of trading all your assets for a superstar who could walk after next season?

If Love was the target they'd be better off continuing with the core they have and ensuring the books are in order to offer a max contract in 2015 should he opt out.

Comment

There was a time when I would have liked to see Love on this team. However the Raptors are now winning with near elite level D, and Love would royally fuck that up. I would pass. We need a star at the SF position ideally, or at SG. Do not at any cost screw up the good thing we have going with our bigs.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              There was a time when I would have liked to see Love on this team. However the Raptors are now winning with near elite level D, and Love would royally fuck that up. I would pass. We need a star at the SF position ideally, or at SG. Do not at any cost screw up the good thing we have going with our bigs.
                              If I could give you two likes I would.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Seriously.

And what exactly is the point of trading all your assets for a superstar who could walk after next season?

If Love was the target they'd be better off continuing with the core they have and ensuring the books are in order to offer a max contract in 2015 should he opt out.
                                Realistically, regardless of the target, they should be aiming to have max money available at some point in the next few offseasons, I'd think.

Comment

Working...
                                X