Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solving the Lowry conundrum and keeping current core (Vasquez, Patterson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiggins wrote: View Post
    9m is too much. The last possession of the heat game shows Lowry's problem. At his heart he's not a real point guard. He's been doing ok recently but when push cones to shove he's a selfish hero-wannabe without the skills to back it up.
    So one possession that really wasn't that bad considering lowrys ability to hit that shot makes you come to this conclusion ? We'll thought out....
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
      Liking this idea

We really need to move Hayes/Fields, even for anything that's not a worse contract somehow.
      Why? Do we desperately need 10th/11th options all of a sudden? Just hold onto them. They're expirings next year and then they suddenly have value.

Comment

I'm once again going to suggest that Jeremy Lin is a potential answer for us at PG should we need a replacement starter-level point guard for Lowry. JL is unselfish, an excellent shooter, an increasingly clever passer, a good locker room guy and he's even picking up some defensive skills this year, AND Houston is interested in trading him because of his poison pill contract year coming up, at which we would not even blink.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          I'm once again going to suggest that Jeremy Lin is a potential answer for us at PG should we need a replacement starter-level point guard for Lowry. JL is unselfish, an excellent shooter, an increasingly clever passer, a good locker room guy and he's even picking up some defensive skills this year, AND Houston is interested in trading him because of his poison pill contract year coming up, at which we would not even blink.
          If Houston is looking to lose his salary there is Salmons' contract.

Comment

Would gladly take Lin AND Asik from Houston if they send us a 1st rounder. We have enough expiring contracts to make a deal work, and 2014 free agency isn't particularly important to me.

A deal like that would also make the team a lot better, but I'm not sure whether Houston would be willing to move them just to clear cap space (although they might considering they still need to upgrade at the 4 potentially).

Comment

Actually nvm we'd only be able to get one of them.

Lin + 1st for Salmons would be a steal but I don't think Houston would do that just to clear cap space.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
                Actually nvm we'd only be able to get one of them.

Lin + 1st for Salmons would be a steal but I don't think Houston would do that just to clear cap space.
                You should change your name to Bryan Colangelo
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                  9m is too much. The last possession of the heat game shows Lowry's problem. At his heart he's not a real point guard. He's been doing ok recently but when push cones to shove he's a selfish hero-wannabe without the skills to back it up.
                  Disagree completely. Lowry's one of the few players on this roster who I want taking that shot.

Comment

If Lowry can maintain this level of play for the next few years, then one would be a fool to not want that. We're not going to draft a better PG, and we're not going to sign a better PG.

What makes me nervous is the contract year. I'm hoping his numbers are for real.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Disagree completely. Lowry's one of the few players on this roster who I want taking that shot.
                      Given they had no time outs and one crack at it, I don't think you could have asked for anything more.... other than a made 3.

Comment

Even the best PG's in the league would have taken that shot.

Comment

If Lowry can maintain this level of play for the next few years, then one would be a fool to not want that. We're not going to draft a better PG, and we're not going to sign a better PG.

What makes me nervous is the contract year. I'm hoping his numbers are for real.
                          His injury history scares me more than the contract year. If he's only good for 75% of the games that get played , is he worth his raise?

Comment

During the course of the game Lowry passed decently but when it came down to it that went out the window. He doesn't have the height or ability to separate vs a marginal pg to get a clean shot off in that situation and reverted back to typical Lowry.

Comment

Oh Matt, I am away for 2 weeks and you start talking about resigning Lowry for 4/5 years? How many times have you said "beware the contract year"?

At this point in his career, I don't see how you can trust Lowry to maintain his body and play for multiple seasons. Do you really want to be on the hook for Lowry in years 3+ of this deal?

Lowry has never consistently stayed in shape (basically the #1 thing a pro athlete has to do). I'd be scared to give him anything beyond a 3 year deal (possibly plus team option) unless the final years are unguaranteed.

Lowry is playing great right now, and if he didn't have the weight/injury issues throughout his career, then yeah, you sign him; but he has too many flags in his dossier for me to sign him long term.

I'm also not convinced there is going to be a great market for KL when he hits free agency. Teams that could use him (Miami, Brooklyn) won't have much money to throw at him. A 3 yr 24 M deal might be enough to retain him.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If Lowry can maintain this level of play for the next few years, then one would be a fool to not want that. We're not going to draft a better PG, and we're not going to sign a better PG.What makes me nervous is the contract year. I'm hoping his numbers are for real.
                                Which is exactly why I didn't understand all the trade Lowry talk. Even if you are tanking it makes no sense to trade players you will need later on. Even tanking requires some method behind the madness. Granted, if you can't afford him then you do what you have to do, but to talk about trading him prior to discussing other options first is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X