TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Macguyver is lame but I will watch a few more episodes.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
    The wife and I were exhausted from dealing with our monsters and I saw MacGyver on the channel guide and flipped over. Watched the opening scene, which managed to make me laugh out loud at least three times (I don't think that's what they were going for) but it ends with him handing over the macguffin to the bad guy who then proceeds to shoot both him and his girl, which was awesome cause it never happens, so I decided to keep watching. Sadly, I fell asleep before the commercials were over but I will definitely give it a shot - looks like good camp.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      The wife and I were exhausted from dealing with our monsters and I saw MacGyver on the channel guide and flipped over. Watched the opening scene, which managed to make me laugh out loud at least three times (I don't think that's what they were going for) but it ends with him handing over the macguffin to the bad guy who then proceeds to shoot both him and his girl, which was awesome cause it never happens, so I decided to keep watching. Sadly, I fell asleep before the commercials were over but I will definitely give it a shot - looks like good camp.

yeah, i laughed out loud at the boat explosion.

Comment

• luke cage is good

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          luke cage is good
          I watched the first six episodes over the weekend. I am liking it more than DD (vastly overrated in my humble opinion - it is cheaply made and the supporting characters and subplots are mind numbingly boring) and Jessica Jones, which I enjoyed and which was much, much better than Daredevil but suffered from being about 3 or 4 hours too long.

The two big things with Cage for me are that the production looks much better than the other shows and the supporting characters are much more interesting. There's enough action to keep things moving and the acting/writing is good enough to get through the usual dry spots of these shows. It also doesn't hurt that the main guy has a lot of charisma on screen.

The first 6 episodes sort of wrap up one story arch and I'm curious where it goes from there.... at this point in DD season 2, I took about a two month break and couldn't care less.

Comment

• i liked the first 3 and the last 3 episodes. the middle episodes i thought weren't very good. the first three "introduction" to luke cage were great. then the middle episodes were slow and boring. can't stand the actor playing shades, every time shades is talking the show stops for me.last three episodes were really good. i like misty, cottonmouth and mrs mable. don't like diamondback.

i like how hammer is primary weapons manufacturer now.
            don't like jessica jones not being here at all, seems night nurse/jessica jones/luke cage love triangle might be a plot point in the defenders.

Comment

• How can you not like Daredevil it was so good! They really need to make a Moon knight and a Ghost Rider show

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                How can you not like Daredevil it was so good! They really need to make a Moon knight and a Ghost Rider show
                Ghost Rider is being used on this season of S.H.I.E.L.D. Don't know if they'll spin him off into his own show, but yeah, there's that...

Comment

• ash vs evil dead is still the bomb.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Ghost Rider is being used on this season of S.H.I.E.L.D. Don't know if they'll spin him off into his own show, but yeah, there's that...
                    Yeah i know but there was an interview with his actor, he said something is in the works. Obviously he couldn't provide any details, marvel loves to surprise us all

Comment

• Anyone watching Westworld?

I haven't read the book. The first episode had me wondering wtf I was watching. 2nd episode helped provide much more context. Didn't catch last night's episode yet.

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Anyone watching Westworld?

I haven't read the book. The first episode had me wondering wtf I was watching. 2nd episode helped provide much more context. Didn't catch last night's episode yet.
                          I'm just over half way ... LOVING it. Definitely takes a few episodes to fully understand what the hell is going on. Lol

Comment

• Been watching Fear The Walking Dead lately. I have to say it's pretty good. It's different from walking dead but I'm sure that's the intent.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              I'm just over half way ... LOVING it. Definitely takes a few episodes to fully understand what the hell is going on. Lol
                              Everyone NEEDS to watch Westworld. Like now. I don't usually watch things twice, but I definitely plan on watching that debut season a few times.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Been watching Fear The Walking Dead lately. I have to say it's pretty good. It's different from walking dead but I'm sure that's the intent.
                                My friends were telling me this actually .. because I was saying how Walking Dead has basically forgotten about the whole "Zombies" part of their show, and they were saying that FTWD is more Zombie focused.

Comment

Working...
                                X