TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    I'm all caught up with it. Waiting on season 4. Season 3 is not as strong as the previous 2 and Dana is a lil' cunt. But, it's still pretty good when it focuses on Brody and Carrie. There are plenty of twists all the way through, absolutely no shortage there. I like how it paints both sides as wrong, it makes you think who the real "terrorists" are..It makes you question every character's decisions at one point or another. Not everyone is right 100% of the time and they're all flawed. Saul is probably the most grounded character, but even he has his issues.
    totally agree so far.. BTW I just watched episode 1 of season 3 and I noticed a little easter egg... after carrie goes through the court stuff, she is sitting outside of the courtroom on the bench with the lawyer... when she gets up to leave, the lawyer picks up her note pad and looks at it... its covered in random notes and chicken scratch, and its a quick scene, but if u look to the right of the note pad in the middle, it says "you killed my son, prepare to die"

an ode to indigo Montoya no doubt. (except it should be "father")
    Last edited by Machine; Mon Feb 17, 2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      totally agree so far.. BTW I just watched episode 1 of season 3 and I noticed a little easter egg... after carrie goes through the court stuff, she is sitting outside of the courtroom on the bench with the lawyer... when she gets up to leave, the lawyer picks up her note pad and looks at it... its covered in random notes and chicken scratch, and its a quick scene, but if u look to the right of the note pad in the middle, it says "you killed my son, prepare to die"

I have always believed America is the "real terrorist" so it is definitely nice to see an American show acknowledge the possibility
      haha. I didn't notice that. That's great!

It might have a double meaning and related to the storyline it has something to do with her baby, though. Like how they're punishing/killing Brody, so her "son"(or so we assume. Not sure the sex was clarified, yet.) will grow up without a father. Danes got prego in real life, so they wrote it into the show. But, I'm not sure now that she's obviously had the kid how they're going to play that out. Frankly, the ending to season 3 is apparently only a "season" finale, but wait til you get to it and tell me it doesn't seem like a series finale.

And yeah, behind closed doors the CIA is not innocent of wrong-doing.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post

I have always believed America is the "real terrorist" so it is definitely nice to see an American show acknowledge the possibility
        haha. I didn't notice that. That's great!

It might have a double meaning and related to the storyline it has something to do with her baby, though. Like how they're punishing/killing Brody, so her "son"(or so we assume. Not sure the sex was clarified, yet.) will grow up without a father. Danes got prego in real life, so they wrote it into the show. But, I'm not sure now that she's obviously had the kid how they're going to play that out. Frankly, the ending to season 3 is apparently only a "season" finale, but wait til you get to it and tell me it doesn't seem like a series finale.

And yeah, behind closed doors the CIA is not innocent of wrong-doing.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Anyone watch 'Vikings'? Looks interesting, thinking bout givin it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, anyone else caught up in True Detective? it's really picking up, safe to say it's one of my favorite shows

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
              Also, anyone else caught up in True Detective? it's really picking up, safe to say it's one of my favorite shows
              I've only seen the first 2 episodes.

Comment

I've only seen the first 2 episodes.

Comment

So apparently Mcconaughey isn't returning for season 2... not cool

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/04/matthe...inite-4408107/

Comment

Neither of them are I don't think. I think Season 2 is completely different cast, different story.

Comment

Not sure if this has been discussed, but is anyone else watching Vikings? Fantastic show.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Not sure if this has been discussed, but is anyone else watching Vikings? Fantastic show.
                        No, but I'm thinking about starting once I catch up on Boardwalk Empire.

Like the new avi you've got Joe, but there's only one 15 allowed to wear that jersey... His name be's Amir! Gonna be nice to see those jerseys a few times next year, I just hope the re-brand is something most of us will like.

Comment

MAjorly old news.

It's an anthology series. Which means it's non-continuous, basically like a bunch of mini-series with the same title. Same thing as Americna Horror story, if you've watched that.

Comment

MAjorly old news.

It's an anthology series. Which means it's non-continuous, basically like a bunch of mini-series with the same title. Same thing as Americna Horror story, if you've watched that.
                            Who knows what A-Lister they'll be able to get though after the strong Buzz Season 1 got. And knowing they'll only have to do one, 9 episode season, could easily recruit a Brad Pitt type...

Comment

MAjorly old news.

No idea how I didn't know this. I like American Horror story so I guess I'm fine with it anyway

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Who knows what A-Lister they'll be able to get though after the strong Buzz Season 1 got. And knowing they'll only have to do one, 9 episode season, could easily recruit a Brad Pitt type...
                                I don't think they'll be able to get anyone as highly-acclaimed as those two. I mean Woody Harrelson, while a great actor, isn't A_List,at least not anymore and McConaughey during filming of it is arguable.

They could get someone that was/is big-ish, though. Like a Mickey Rourke..

Comment

Working...
                                X