No announcement yet.

Stars/Potential Stars who could become available over next 2-3 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thread like this shines some light on just how difficult it is to build a winner in the NBA.

There seems to be a consensus that you need a 'superstar' to win, and rightfully so. But the list of those guys who are available, or may become available in the future, are often either flawed, a bad fit or simply unattainable for a myriad of reasons. So naturally, people turn towards the draft as the solution to the superstar problem... which opens up a long list of risks associated with getting 'bad' enough to draft in the top 3 in any given year. And even when you get one of those top 20 type guys (Love, Melo, Horford, Lopez, Rondo), things can easily be derailed by a poor supporting cast or a string of injuries.... and then they end up on lists like this.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      A thread like this shines some light on just how difficult it is to build a winner in the NBA.

There seems to be a consensus that you need a 'superstar' to win, and rightfully so. But the list of those guys who are available, or may become available in the future, are often either flawed, a bad fit or simply unattainable for a myriad of reasons. So naturally, people turn towards the draft as the solution to the superstar problem... which opens up a long list of risks associated with getting 'bad' enough to draft in the top 3 in any given year. And even when you get one of those top 20 type guys (Love, Melo, Horford, Lopez, Rondo), things can easily be derailed by a poor supporting cast or a string of injuries.... and then they end up on lists like this.
      I'm open to whatever Masai is cooking.

Still hoping for a high draft pick though.

But not going to complain with really good basketball either.

No one ever said being a Raptor fan was easy!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        It is a floating decimal place
        Can it float to the right? 100.00%. Boom.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Andre Drummond (2015-16 FA, Team Option for 2015-16 which I assume will get picked up)
          Kyrie Irving (2015 FA)
          Russell Westbrook (2017 FA)
          Ricky Rubio (2015 FA)
          Anthony Davis (2015-16, Team option again for 2015-16)

Just adding some more guys to the list. Out of these guys I would probably want Davis the most. Excluding Rubio (depending on next year), these guys are going to get some major bucks thrown at them and a lot of interest from other teams as well.

Comment

Only Westbrook is actually a free agent of that list. And that's in 2017.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Harrison Barnes has been playing his way to less and less minutes can you say trade chip? his shooting is terrible lately kinda looks like summer LEague Ross this season however I would still take him, I think he and Vasquez off our bench would be pretty cool. His main issue is that GSW has no PG playing with him when he comes in only does anything positive when Curry is out there.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I'm open to whatever Masai is cooking.

Still hoping for a high draft pick though.

But not going to complain with really good basketball either.

No one ever said being a Raptor fan was easy!
                Nice

JRedmond14 wrote: View Post
                Andre Drummond (2015-16 FA, Team Option for 2015-16 which I assume will get picked up)
                Kyrie Irving (2015 FA)
                Russell Westbrook (2017 FA)
                Ricky Rubio (2015 FA)
                Anthony Davis (2015-16, Team option again for 2015-16)

Just adding some more guys to the list. Out of these guys I would probably want Davis the most. Excluding Rubio (depending on next year), these guys are going to get some major bucks thrown at them and a lot of interest from other teams as well.
                Drummond, Irving, Davis are all RFA, so they wont be available till like 2020 realistically. It is extremely hard to land a star in FA. Draft or trade is the more likely course of action

I don't want Rubio.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  10% chance? Or 0.010% chance?
                  I think 10% is right. He did say that his favourite team growing up was the raptors and did wanna play for them:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ronto-raptors/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

I don't want Rubio.
                    Who does?
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Why isn't Lebron James on these lists?

Bosh?

Comment

Rudy Gay?
                        #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Aaron Gray?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Some more names to toss in the mix.

Zach Randolph
                            Marc Gasol
                            Paul Milsap
                            Luol Deng
                            Dirk
                            Pau

Nothing groundbreaking but they will all be available in the next few years.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              Some more names to toss in the mix.

Zach Randolph
                              Marc Gasol
                              Paul Milsap
                              Luol Deng
                              Dirk
                              Pau

Nothing groundbreaking but they will all be available in the next few years.
                              Nothing groundbreaking is right, I don't want any of those guys in a few years. Hell I only want half of them on my team this year.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Did he just call Brook Lopez a super star? Hahahahaha
                                Dude is the worth defensive C in the entire league. He's about as bad as bargnani. Overrated piece of trash, Jonas will be eating him for lunch on both ends by next season lol

Comment

Working...
                                X