Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Did he just call Brook Lopez a super star? Hahahahaha
    Dude is the worth defensive C in the entire league. He's about as bad as bargnani. Overrated piece of trash, Jonas will be eating him for lunch on both ends by next season lol
    Umm... you're joking right?

People say Lopez doesn't rebound... well he grabs more rebounds per 36 than Marc Gasol, and nobody seems to have a problem with Gasol's rebounding.

People say Lopez doesn't play defense. This is a lie. He is a very, very good rim protector with his enormous size, length and ability to block shots (2 per game). This season, small sample size albeit in 17 games he gave up a field goal percentage of 40.3% at the rim to opponents. Roy Hibbert by comparison is at 40.8%.

That's not even touching on the fact that Lopez is BY FAR... yes BY FAR the best scoring center in the NBA. Like there is literally nobody close. He has range, the post game, he can even put the ball on the floor. Scored 23ppg per 36 on 57% TS last year.

The only issue with Lopez is that he can't stay on the damn floor because of injuries.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Some more names to toss in the mix.

Zach Randolph
      Marc Gasol
      Paul Milsap
      Luol Deng
      Dirk
      Pau

Nothing groundbreaking but they will all be available in the next few years.
      These kind of players were not mentioned because they're not really difference makers for us. Not saying they're bad players, but none of them is going to help us leap to contender status, and they'd all be too expensive to acquire in relation to what they're giving us.

I didn't put guys like LeBron and Bosh on the list because we actually have a 0% chance of getting them.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post

People say Lopez doesn't rebound... well he grabs more rebounds per 36 than Marc Gasol, and nobody seems to have a problem with Gasol's rebounding.

People say Lopez doesn't play defense. This is a lie. He is a very, very good rim protector with his enormous size, length and ability to block shots (2 per game). This season, small sample size albeit in 17 games he gave up a field goal percentage of 40.3% at the rim to opponents. Roy Hibbert by comparison is at 40.8%.

That's not even touching on the fact that Lopez is BY FAR... yes BY FAR the best scoring center in the NBA. Like there is literally nobody close. He has range, the post game, he can even put the ball on the floor. Scored 23ppg per 36 on 57% TS last year.

The only issue with Lopez is that he can't stay on the damn floor because of injuries.
        He's not awful, but he's pretty soft. He's not the ideal anchor. His best attribute is shotblocking. He's an average rebounder given his size and talent, and he doesn't fight or play physical down low. I don't see him as anything that special, especially given injury concerns. See Jonas as a more impactful player even if he's never quite as good offensively.

Comment

These kind of players were not mentioned because they're not really difference makers for us. Not saying they're bad players, but none of them is going to help us leap to contender status, and they'd all be too expensive to acquire in relation to what they're giving us.

I didn't put guys like LeBron and Bosh on the list because we actually have a 0% chance of getting them.
          Too expensive, or too old. Either way not worth the pursuit.

Comment

Why would i be joking. In his case those stats don't mean jack, dude plays soo freakin soft. Sometimes i wonder how he even manages to score. He is no where near a superstar or a great rim protector, maybe average at best. I am not a fan of his game, playing the Center position, he should be bodying up much more and playing a more physical style.

Comment

Sigh. Lopez is another one of those guys that won't be appreciated properly until he's on a legitimate contender. Sadly, he probably never will be.

Comment

Sigh. Lopez is another one of those guys that won't be appreciated properly until he's on a legitimate contender. Sadly, he probably never will be.
                If he was any good he'd wheel his team to the playoffs. He's never been able to do that and he only became an all star after D Will arrived and gave the team some recognition. Really the only reason he's regarded as a top C is because there simply aren't many great C's in the nba currently.

Comment

0%

Illogical

Comment

If he was any good he'd wheel his team to the playoffs. He's never been able to do that and he only became an all star after D Will arrived and gave the team some recognition. Really the only reason he's regarded as a top C is because there simply aren't many great C's in the nba currently.
                    Very few players have the generational talent to "wheel" teams into the playoffs. Even Kobe couldn't get the Lakers into the playoffs when Shaq left initially. What you just said is relatively silly. You do realize that you're also saying DeRozan isn't very good, and it's the argument that a lot of people on here use against him.

And Lopez was in the playoffs last year....

Comment

Very few players have the generational talent to "wheel" teams into the playoffs. Even Kobe couldn't get the Lakers into the playoffs when Shaq left initially. What you just said is relatively silly. You do realize that you're also saying DeRozan isn't very good, and it's the argument that a lot of people on here use against him.

And Lopez was in the playoffs last year....
                      Alright maybe the first part was a little exaggerated but i still don't see him as a great C everyone says he is. I know Lopez was in the playoffs but that was mainly because he had D Will with him to take off the load. I'm not saying he's complete garbage but he's definitely no where near a superstar.

Comment

You mean because guys often become overrated on contenders? I don't see Lopez as the best player on a championship calibre team. He's a Bosh or Gasol. A #2 guy....so why invest in him like a #1 guy? Though I'm sure you'll still see bad max contracts, I think they might diminish in the new CBA landscape. Either through years or $/year, I think #2 guys' salaries will start reflecting that more.

Comment

Question: Could Lopez's health issues be connected to Brooklyn's health and conditioning staff?

Comment

Sorry, this is fantasy. The idea that one player can drag a team into the playoffs motivates a number of "Tankers" but it's fiction. It's also the reason why I argued that if a team does tank that you need to have a strategy post-tank planned in advance. Good players on bad teams leave bad teams if money isn't their primary interest. Kyrie Irving can't "wheel" the Cavs, Boogie hasn't been able to "wheel" the Kings. The game has changed. Free agents are congregating in attempt to win -- to mix levels of success. Even this year in the putrid East, where is the one player dragging a bad squad to the playoffs? If it was possible, wouldn't this year (which is full of mediocrity) have an example?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Sorry, this is fantasy. The idea that one player can drag a team into the playoffs motivates a number of "Tankers" but it's fiction. It's also the reason why I argued that if a team does tank that you need to have a strategy post-tank planned in advance. Good players on bad teams leave bad teams if money isn't their primary interest. Kyrie Irving can't "wheel" the Cavs, Boogie hasn't been able to "wheel" the Kings. The game has changed. Free agents are congregating in attempt to win -- to mix levels of success. Even this year in the putrid East, where is the one player dragging a bad squad to the playoffs? If it was possible, wouldn't this year (which is full of mediocrity) have an example?
                              This x100000000

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Overall it is a team game. However there are a select few players that can have that kind of an impact. They are the true franchise players and Irving and Boogie don't cut it. One that stands out vividly for me is Wade in 2008-09. They only went 43-39 but you remove him and wowzers.

On another note, Cleveland is a great, textbook example on tanking. They did it right. They set themselves up beautifully - until they made decisions. The game plan/strategy was stellar, luck helped them immensely (like any strategy) but their decisions blew humongous chunks of awfulness.

But that is the deal no matter what method of building a team pursues. Detroit built through free agency - twice! - with horrible results the first time and very underwhelming results the 2nd time it appears.

Whatever, Masai. Whatever you decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X