USA Today: Ujiri's magic touch guides Raptors to contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    If Salmons adds near as much to the chemistry in the locker room, and practice court, as he's been showing during game time, I wouldn't bet on him being gone. Surely MU won't pick up the $7M option, but that doesn't mean they can't sign him to a new deal. He's 34, and won't get much in offers beyond vet minimum, and could just boil down to what situation he likes more. Being an important vet piece on an up and coming squad, that he likes playing with, may just be his cup of tea.
    It all depends on what God tells Salmons....

Comment

If Salmons adds near as much to the chemistry in the locker room, and practice court, as he's been showing during game time, I wouldn't bet on him being gone. Surely MU won't pick up the $7M option, but that doesn't mean they can't sign him to a new deal. He's 34, and won't get much in offers beyond vet minimum, and could just boil down to what situation he likes more. Being an important vet piece on an up and coming squad, that he likes playing with, may just be his cup of tea.
      Wow 34 eh? he Balls well for an old dude. I agree with your statement why would he want to go somewhere else get the vet minimum buried into the bench instead of staying here where hes an important part of a young up & coming team?

Players got pride. Not sure what can be done till Fields and Hayes are gone though really need a starting 4 and back up SG I hear Barbosa is healthy

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        It all depends on what God tells Salmons....
        LMFAO! You are awful for this Nlanka thats the past! :P

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Are there any CBA rules against waiving and re-signing a player though? I feel like there must be.
          He wouldn't be waved though. Just the team option not being picked up. I don't know enough about the CBA to be sure, but I don't think it hinders such an event.

edit: hmmm, they'd still have to pay him a $1M buyout, so I could be way off. Don't know.

Comment

He wouldn't be waved though. Just the team option not being picked up. I don't know enough about the CBA to be sure, but I don't think it hinders such an event.

edit: hmmm, they'd still have to pay him a $1M buyout, so I could be way off. Don't know.
            Yeah, way off. They couldn't re-sign him until the terms of his contract run out, so the next summer.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, way off. They couldn't re-sign him until the terms of his contract run out, so the next summer.
              Thanks. Never mind, Salmons is gone by end of season, if not sooner.

Comment

Thanks. Never mind, Salmons is gone by end of season, if not sooner.
                Wouldn't you want to play for a championship contender if you were him anyway?

It's bad timing, because really he is exactly what we need on the team. A veteran, with playoff experience, who can defend and score on the wing

Comment

Working...
                X