Would Anthony Bennett be a good fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Poor Bennett. The whole situation has just been a mess. He looks bad because he's out of shape...in turn because he was rushed back from an injury and never got the chance to get his legs under him before playing NBA ball. He actually has good pop and speed. He was a ridiculous threat as a face-up PF in college. No PF could stay in front of him when he attacked, and he has the bulk to bang for rebounds.
    Bennett was a very good operator in the PnR and out of the high post in college, something that should have translated to the NBA. Instead he is hidden in the corner...I feel for this kid. Completely destroyed by the Cavs management.

Vykis wrote: View Post
    People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair
    I would trade DD for Bennett plus a future 1st and a second. With the Deng move they are looking to win now. DD may have a lot of value to them in that sense.

However...having Amir, 2Pat, TH and Bennett all playing the same position probably isn't a good idea so I probably wouldn't like to see that trade get done anyways

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Bennett was a very good operator in the PnR and out of the high post in college, something that should have translated to the NBA. Instead he is hidden in the corner...I feel for this kid. Completely destroyed by the Cavs management.

I would trade DD for Bennett plus a future 1st and a second. With the Deng move they are looking to win now. DD may have a lot of value to them in that sense.

However...having Amir, 2Pat, TH and Bennett all playing the same position probably isn't a good idea so I probably wouldn't like to see that trade get done anyways
      Would not go as far as trading DD.

Comment

I'd love a move that brought back Bennett and any one 2014 pick for DeMar. Then we can let 2Pat walk and waive Hansbrough (or trade them before the deadline or at the draft in TH's case), leaving more cap space and still have a good backup PF.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
          People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast
          Always remember that when a GM is under orders to make playoffs if he wants to keep his job, that the long term suddenly becomes much, much less important than the short term. A useful bench guy for Bennett, who this year is just taking up space on the bench and on payroll so far as Chris Grant is concerned? That is something that can happen.

Comment

Please tell me this is some kind of joke...?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              I'd love a move that brought back Bennett and any one 2014 pick for DeMar. Then we can let 2Pat walk and waive Hansbrough (or trade them before the deadline or at the draft in TH's case), leaving more cap space and still have a good backup PF.
              So hypothetically if we make a 3 team deal and Miami sends us their 1st and the Cavs send us Bennett for DD you pull the trigger?

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                Always remember that when a GM is under orders to make playoffs if he wants to keep his job, that the long term suddenly becomes much, much less important than the short term. A useful bench guy for Bennett, who this year is just taking up space on the bench and on payroll so far as Chris Grant is concerned? That is something that can happen.
                Well trading for Fields and his shitty production, contract wouldn't get you an useful bench guy, it would get you fired. Cleveland could get a team to take a gamble on Bennett's potential and give them a really solid bench player, much better than Fields or Novak. Of course Grant isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and stranger things have happened, but still, nearly imposible

Comment

I'm sorry we're to deep at that position. With the way were playing right now do you see him getting into are big rotation? I'd only be willing to give up Novak/Fields and maybe Hansbrough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
                    So hypothetically if we make a 3 team deal and Miami sends us their 1st and the Cavs send us Bennett for DD you pull the trigger?
                    Um, yes.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                      Meh. I don't think Novak or Fields moves the needle enough to give up on a 1st overall pick just yet.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Meh. I don't think Novak or Fields moves the needle enough to give up on a 1st overall pick just yet.
                        Agreed. I think a package centered around DD would be needed. I'd hope for at least Bennett and their pick back though. Hard to see a deal both sides would agree to.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Throw in are pick heads moves

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

The NBA world right now are talking like Bennett is the worst #1 pick of all time. Bennett CAN play. I've seen it. The guy needs to get in shape though.

And i think it's way too early to call him the worst. There's a lot of bad 1st overall picks. Kwame Brown, Kandi Man, Joe Smith. First came to mind.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

If we weren't getting such production at the 4 maybe. Plus Toronto has pretty much adopted Amir.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Anthony Bennett will go down as the worst 1st overall taken since Kwame Brown.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X