Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Vasquez one and done in toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: Vasquez one and done in toronto?

It's safe to say that Greivis Vasquez hasn't made the positive imprint on Toronto that many -- including myself -- expected when he came over from Sacramento in the Rudy Gay trade.

And already, 12 games into his Raptors' tenure, it's very questionable whether the pass-first point guard will remain with the team beyond this season.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/.../post?id=20534
    Anyone with insider, here you go.

It's safe to say that Greivis Vasquez hasn't made the positive imprint on Toronto that many -- including myself -- expected when he came over from Sacramento in the Rudy Gay trade.

And already, 12 games into his Raptors' tenure, it's very questionable whether the pass-first point guard will remain with the team beyond this season.

"A concern going forward for the Raptors could be the play of backup point guard Greivis Vasquez," Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun wrote recently after the Raptors game against the Heat. "The dropoff from Kyle Lowry to Vasquez has been massive and when Lowry had to rest, Miami was able to bounce back and take control of the game. Vasquez needs to be better and not just defensively, where he traditionally struggles."

Vasquez is set to become a restricted free agent this summer, and unless he starts to perform a lot better with the Raptors, it's difficult to envision Toronto matching if he signs an offer sheet with another team after the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There's a chinese website that let's you read insider articles. Can't remember the name and even if I did... I feel like you can get banned for such things lol.

I have insider, that's just a heads up for anyone who doesn't.

Comment

Vasquez has been atrocious. He looks slower than Jose and has absolutely no shot. Not sure what's up with him but he was supposedly much better in New Orleans. Hope he turns it around because we'll need proper backup PG play come playoff time.

Comment

Hope so.
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

If we're planning to become a 2nd round playoffs team we need a better backup PG than him.

Comment

He's just not playing well right now. He's not an untalented guy. He has shortcomings (lousy defense, occasionally taking a bad shot) but I think I'd rather see the Raptors keep him and trade him next year given how cheap his contract is. He has shown in the past that he can run an offense and make plays.
              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

33% shooting now as a Raptor. I just don't even...

Comment

He doesn't make a lot and hasn't been given a chance yet.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                    He doesn't make a lot and hasn't been given a chance yet.
                    22 minutes per game isn't a chance?
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Vasquez has been atrocious. He looks slower than Jose and has absolutely no shot. Not sure what's up with him but he was supposedly much better in New Orleans. Hope he turns it around because we'll need proper backup PG play come playoff time.
                      he has never been able to shoot. he just made up for it by passing. except now hes not even doing that.

Comment

The one thing he is known as is a play maker and he can't even do that! It boggles my mind that Vasquez averaged 14 and 9 in New Orleans
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          22 minutes per game isn't a chance?
                          To start

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                            To start
                            Because we're gonna start him over Lowry. Makes perfect sense.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Because we're gonna start him over Lowry. Makes perfect sense.
                              Also give fields and daye 40 minutes a night while your at it hahah
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X