Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Vasquez one and done in toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately it appears that you are the troll. You say That Lowry's best season is not even close to Vesquez's best season and... you'er right!!! But that's because the only season that Lowry has that is close to Vasquez's best season is his WORST season. Let look at the stats...

Please click the links and compare the numbers yourselves... Lowry is here Vasquez is here

G MP PER TS% eFG% FTr 3PAr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
    78 2685 16.3 0.502 0.474 0.152 0.24 1.9 13.3 7.5 44.9 1.3 0.2 18.6 23 105 112 3 0.7 3.8 0.067
    82 2089 14.3 0.531 0.463 0.588 0.236 2.2 11.3 6.7 21.8 2.2 0.8 14.6 18.6 108 111 2.1 1.3 3.4 0.078

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    78 78 2685 5.9 13.6 0.433 1.1 3.3 0.342 4.8 10.3 0.462 1.7 2.1 0.805 0.6 3.9 4.5 9.4 0.9 0.1 3.3 2.5 14.5
    82 9 2089 4.4 10.2 0.432 0.6 2.4 0.257 3.8 7.8 0.487 4.2 6 0.698 0.7 3.6 4.3 5.1 1.6 0.4 2.2 3.2 13.6

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    78 78 34.4 5.6 13 0.433 1.1 3.1 0.342 4.6 9.9 0.462 1.6 2 0.805 0.6 3.8 4.3 9 0.8 0.1 3.2 2.4 13.9
    82 9 25.5 3.1 7.2 0.432 0.4 1.7 0.257 2.7 5.5 0.487 3 4.2 0.698 0.5 2.5 3 3.6 1.1 0.3 1.5 2.3 9.6

Sorry about the table, never figured out how to do it.

One of these players is a 26 year old Vasquez on his best season, and one of these is a 21 year old Kyle Lowry having his worst season...

Drops the mic

god dammit ezz.. i was proving his trollyness. great post though, better than mine

Comment

Vasquez is just another in the long line of point guards that struggle when they don't start and/or see significant court time. He clearly looks for his own offence far too often, and far too often toward the start of the clock. If he just stuck to initiating the offence through the pick and roll and focussed on expending his effort on D then he'd be useful. His play will pick up over time, he won't stay this bad all season, but he'd be best used as a trade piece to a team needing a backup PG on the cheap and not as a long term solution of any kind.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
        career

Either way i lol hard at how much these wannabe trolls overvalue a below average starting pg. LOL
        If anyone was trolling, I would've thought it was you!!

Comment

Size doesn't equate to better D. It's a combination of basketball smarts/iq, footwork, effort, etc. Prime Chuck Hayes was a pretty good post defender and the guy's a 6'6" center. Lowry racks up steals and is one of the league leaders in charges drawn. And even if he loses his man, he is at least able to recover and direct him to the proper help defender (i.e. amir). Even when on the Kings, Isaiah Thomas (he's like 5 10 or something) was a better defender than Vasquez, and that's why IT2 supplanted him on in the starting lineup.

However, all this talk about Vasquez is still way too early in my opinion. He needs get accustomed to his team. Look at how long it took lowry to become the distributor that he is now on the team. And clearly Vasquez is still recovering from ankle surgery. He was quite limited at the start of the season for the Kings.

Comment

I'd give Vasquez more time. It's only been 12 games, and a PG needs to know his teammates. He just looks out of sync.

That said, I'm suspicious of his good high usage season in NO. A lot of NBA players put put pretty good box score stats given the minutes and usage rates. Watching Vasquez come off the bench for the last 12 games makes me question that 14 and 9 season.

I'd like you to meet Mike James.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Vasquez isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be - He's a backup quality point guard that is strong in passing and attacking the basket off the pick and roll with floaters or passing, is an average rebounder and shooter (great floater though) but he's challenged defensively and can be turnover prone sometimes. He also like Lowry needs to be in a situation where he's on a leash long enough to work confortably in the offence, but short enough to clean up turnovers and forced possessions.

FYI his Qualifier is for 3.2 M next year.
              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Right now, Vazquez can't shoot: TS% of 43% and an EFG of 39%. Seems like that's the biggest issue, along with the turnovers. It's still a small sample size in Toronto. Hopefully, the shooting will come back closer to career numbers.

You also have to wonder whether a guy who was putting up really good numbers last year in NO playing 35+ minutes a night is particularly happy or motivated being a backup playing 15 minutes with bench guys. Seems unlikely he's thrilled with the situation.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                  career
                  shooting%/ft%/apg
                  42.6% / 78.7% / 5.5
                  41.8% / 81.9% / 5.2

I love that the 5 people that think Lowry is classes above Vasquez are the only ones to post.
                  I also love how they twist my words in order to troll.

I never said that i thought Vasquez was better or worse.
                  I said they're in the same range (marginal starter/good backup) and one's getting paid way more than the other.

Either way i lol hard at how much these wannabe trolls overvalue a below average starting pg. LOL
                  Dude, the only reason no one else has posted is because we think you're crazy.
                  If you really wanna know how many people disagree with you, you can start a poll on who is better.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Lowry playing well has increased the gap with Vasquez. You look at his slow lumbering offense and his lack of transition defense and holes in his game stick out like a sore thumb.

Comment

He's fine as a backup but even that, he needs to pick things up. Patterson as a 2nd unit last night was possessed. I'm really like that guy. All the Sactown boys really need to match his intensity, especially Vazquez. Funny how some thought, he was our guard for the future and Lowry was discussed in the past tense. Methinks not. Sign Lowry, exercise whatever GV (as a backup) has next year and keep this intact.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        He's fine as a backup but even that, he needs to pick things up. Patterson as a 2nd unit last night was possessed. I'm really like that guy. All the Sactown boys really need to match his intensity, especially Vazquez. Funny how some thought, he was our guard for the future and Lowry was discussed in the past tense. Methinks not. Sign Lowry, exercise whatever GV (as a backup) has next year and keep this intact.
                        haha love the new avatar!

Basketball related? check

Raptors related? check

Topical? check

Pathetic failure of a tank? check haha

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          my wife is chinese and we have a google like site called baidu here where you can download any album/song and she asked why i don't and i said it's stealing. her reply was "no it isn't there is a download button right there" haha
                          I laughed pretty hard at that.

If you happen to stumble upon a screenshot of the ESPN Insider article, and it's posted elsewhere (say, imgur.com) and you post a link to it here I don't think anyone will have a problem. Don't do that, though.

Comment

I'd keep him if the price is right, and i would try to low ball him, and if he doesnt sign he doesnt sign

Comment

He hasint shown any indication that he should be considered for starting. He has been given quality minutes as the main backup PG, and adequate at best has been his grade.

Keep the audition going till seasons end-resign him if the deal is good and if he has improved his play.

Comment

I think that next set of easier games is something that Vasquez can use to get into the rhythm of his game.
                                Miami and Indiana are so strong they can punish any weakness and disrupt any flow you have.

I do think that he needs to remember that the Raptors are going to be making the playoffs
                                That takes a different attitude than merely picking up a cheque.
                                I don't remember him being touted in Scaramento as a borderline or possible All Star like Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X