Some Good News & Bad News For Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Good News & Bad News For Raptors

The good news .... Bosh is back practicing with the team.

The bad news .... Jose and Hedo aren't.

Courtesy of the RR Facebook page:

RT @ekoreen: RT @npsport: Chris Bosh (ankle) is participating in practice for Raptors on Wednesday. No Jose Calderon or Hedo Turkoglu
    Source - Click here

Jose elbow is cut - hopefully the trainers can get that healed/protected enough to play Friday. No surprise they don't want him moving it.

Any news on Turk? That looked like another 2 week sprain injury?
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

As long a Bosh is able to play...

I'm not too concerned about Jose's cut. I think he'll be ready to go by Friday.

With regard to Turk, what he's been producing won't be missed and will be adequately replaced by Weems.
      RR OG

Comment

Its ok we are playing the Knicks at home on friday, we can afford not to have Jose or Turk in the lineup and still win.

Comment

I'm not concerned about Jose not practicing, although it does surprise me a little, since it was just a cut on his arm. Jose has been playing awful as of late. He has not been making his shots, and without that, he really isn't valuable, since he is a turnstile on defense. Banks played good last game, I wouldn't mind seeing him play on friday.
          I Am Shutup

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            The bad news .... Jose and Hedo aren't.
            How is that bad news exactly? Jose is replaceable and Hedo is a liability on both ends of the floor.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              How is that bad news exactly? Jose is replaceable and Hedo is a liability on both ends of the floor.
              So you think the Raptors are a better team without Jose and Hedo?

Comment

"Cut"?

Does anyone know how and where (which & what part of the arm) he got cut? Did someone bite him? This comes across pretty mysterious to me frankly.

Comment

Bosh's return can't come soon enough.

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  "Cut"?

Does anyone know how and where (which & what part of the arm) he got cut? Did someone bite him? This comes across pretty mysterious to me frankly.
                  Have no idea but if there is no potential for re-injury or bleeding then Jay, send him out there.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    So you think the Raptors are a better team without Jose and Hedo?
                    Banks offers different dynamics than Jose but the end result is the same. One plays defense, the other plays offense. The second unit manages to adjust to whichever bench PG is playing and remains effective.

Hedo is about as worthless as one can get. The guy is careless with the ball on a consistent basis, takes bad shots, etc. He has absolutely no positive effect on this team (well...except for a few nice passes here and there). If he at least put some effort on D then maybe I could see his worth to this team, but right now Wright/Weems deserve that SF position 9 times out of 10 before Hedo ever should.

Comment

one of the dudes that has been waived recently we definitely need to pick up or at least try.

if we got like larry hughes or mike finley or even ricky davis maybe for the rest of the season that would help us out especially with no bosh or calderon or turk.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think you should put Hedo in the good news list

Comment

+1, Trino won't have to play his sorry arse just to keep his ego happy.

Comment

Hedo is going to be important come playoff time, if you believe that him not playing for a couple games is beneficial for our team then you are mistaken.

Comment

ya, you guys micro size everything. jesus, everythings good a 4 game slide is no big deal seeing as were going to win like 7 in a row now starting with new york. does anyone ever notice we can never win more than 5 in a row, since as far back as i can remeber the raptors have had a ton of 5 game winning streaks but never anything past that.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X