Raps Need to Keep 2Pat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Need to Keep 2Pat

I didn't want to get involved in the other Patterson thread that is devoted to his nickname. Watching the game tonight against Detroit I was struck again with how solid he plays. Amir Johnson with a 3 pt shot.

Raps need to keep this guy, He is exactly what you need on your bench. Solid, veteran presence, hard working, and gives the second unit a different look...great D and threat from deep or at the rim.

Sign 2Pat to an extension and lock him in at a decent rate of pay.

Puffer wrote: View Post
    I didn't want to get involved in the other Patterson thread that is devoted to his nickname. Watching the game tonight against Detroit I was struck again with how solid he plays. Amir Johnson with a 3 pt shot.

Raps need to keep this guy, He is exactly what you need on your bench. Solid, veteran presence, hard working, and gives the second unit a different look...great D and threat from deep or at the rim.

agree and i like the idea of him and hansbrough depending on match ups but think they need to drop daye for a gray type big at the end of the bench.

Comment

(Nods head and walks away)

Comment

Becoming a favorite with me...comes across as a quiet leader who plays the game the way its supposed to be played. I believe Sac didnt want to give him up.

Comment

I support the notion

Comment

I agree 100%. Patterson's a keeper.

Also, when people are talking about PP. People talks about him like he's been in the league for years like Hayes and Salmons. You mentioned veteran presence. PP is only 24 years old. He was part of the Ed Davis draft class. And if Davis was still here i bet we'd be talking about him like he's still a youngster.

My point is, PP is still a young guy. He's still developing. I don't think this is the finish product.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              I agree 100%. Patterson's a keeper.....My point is, PP is still a young guy. He's still developing. I don't think this is the finish product.
              I think this is what impresses me the most. He KNOWS how to play the game. Lock him up now and he could be a big part of the Raps for the next 5 years. Not even a little bit of a gamble from my perspective.

Comment

I don't know about that. They're pretty different players. Amir is much better defensively, where Patterson is good positionally and quick on the perimeter, but not the strongest interior player or rebounder. He can't defend a low post big the way Amir can, and Amir is also good positionally and hedging on the perimeter, making Amir more complete as a defensive player.

He also is a jumpshooting big. You can tell when he has the ball low, if he can't get to the rim for a dunk/layup, he almost always elects for jumpers or fade-aways instead of having some post moves like a hook.

To me, Patterson is giving the team the stretch 4 they need off the bench, which I'm liking a lot because he is a solid 2-way player, and a natural PF. It avoids tempting Casey into playing small or using Novak. He's also shooting lights out since joining the team and I'm not confident his %s will stay so high (50% and 50%), but hope they stay close.

Comment

2Pat has been a keeper as soon as the deal went down.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I don't know about that. They're pretty different players. Amir is much better defensively, where Patterson is good positionally and quick on the perimeter, but not the strongest interior player or rebounder. He can't defend a low post big the way Amir can, and Amir is also good positionally and hedging on the perimeter, making Amir more complete as a defensive player.

He also is a jumpshooting big. You can tell when he has the ball low, if he can't get to the rim for a dunk/layup, he almost always elects for jumpers or fade-aways instead of having some post moves like a hook.

To me, Patterson is giving the team the stretch 4 they need off the bench, which I'm liking a lot because he is a solid 2-way player, and a natural PF. It avoids tempting Casey into playing small or using Novak. He's also shooting lights out since joining the team and I'm not confident his %s will stay so high (50% and 50%), but hope they stay close.
                    I will go along with that. It is definitely not Amir or 2Pat. The Raps, going forward will need both of these guys. they offer something different.

One of the things that has driven me crazy this season is Casey trying to match up against other teams. With a guy like 2Pat, you are forcing other teams to match up with you. Having him coming off the bench, and able to play with the starters in certain circumstances just screws around with other teams game planning.

(Just added 2Pat to my dictionary to get rid of the wavy red lines)

Comment

I will go along with that. It is definitely not Amir or 2Pat. The Raps, going forward will need both of these guys. they offer something different.

One of the things that has driven me crazy this season is Casey trying to match up against other teams. With a guy like 2Pat, you are forcing other teams to match up with you. Having him coming off the bench, and able to play with the starters in certain circumstances just screws around with other teams game planning.

(Just added 2Pat to my dictionary to get rid of the wavy red lines)
                      Yeah, I'm just loving that because he's a natural PF and a solid shooter, we are actually playing big. I think it's been a huge part of the team's success. Including, as you say, that he's good enough to play with starters. Even with Hansbrough out, Casey has been able to ride JV, Amir, and Pat as a 3-man rotation for much of the games. Only the last couple of games, with the Raps clearly gassed with their recent schedule/travel woes, has Hayes gotten decent burn.

Comment

Patterson is a rfa after this season....the Raps can match any offer...no need to rush on the signing...he can be told privately that he is appreciated.

Comment

I've always liked him as a player, just a solid allround player. His ball movement tonight was really impressive, never really took notice of that before, and he has a nice stroke. Definitely one to keep around in my opinion.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Patterson is a rfa after this season....the Raps can match any offer...no need to rush on the signing...he can be told privately that he is appreciated.
                            Still don't want to overpay to keep him though. 3 years / $10M would work for me.

Comment

Wouldn't mind keeping 2Pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X