Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess who debuted on the KIA MVP Ladder on NBA.com???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pele wrote: View Post
    Do you think he'd net a 2014 lottery pick?
    I don't know why fans think that a team that is lottery bound would trade for a player that will be UFA for their 2014 unless they are desperate like Cleveland? No logical sense. Most of the teams that are in that boat like NY, Brooklyn don't even have picks in 2014 to trade. OF the teams in the west that are fighting for a playoff spot (excluding the "locks" are:
    Phoenix (Bledsoe/Dragic)
    Dallas (Jose)
    Memphis (Conley)
    Houston (Lin/Beverley)
    Denver (Lawson)
    Minnesota (Rubio)

Of the above, unless an injury occurs, only Houston really needs an upgrade. Even if you could get a 1st rounder in 2014, with Lowry on that team, they probably make the playoffs so that picks becomes late teens or early 20's. Looking at the East:

NY (Felton) - no 2014
    Brooklyn (Deron) - no 2014
    Chicago (Rose out)*
    Atlanta (Teague)
    Washington (Wall)
    Cleveland (Irving)
    Detroit (Jennings)
    Charlotte (Walker)
    Boston (Rondo)

Who in this group thinks they are one PG away from beating Heat and Pacers? So no one in this group would pull that deal unless there is an injury and the GM panics to get into the playoffs (don't think Chicago cares after trading Deng)

So unless we MU is willing to take a 2015 or 2016 1st rounder and loses Bird rights to Lowry, that's probably the best option for him (unless of course there is a larger package involving younger controllable players). Getting a 2014 pick WITHOUT any lottery protection is dead.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      The question is, what does Lowry think of debuting on the MVP ladder? Does he say cool, now let me see how I can use this accolade to leverage more money, or does he say I'm enjoying the most success I've ever had on a team that has given me full control over the offense, a starting role, a coach that I actually get along with, and as long as they don't low ball me, I'm here to stay?
      $10M /season.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Wow. When was the last time ANY Raptor got this sort of respect?
        When they (as in the team) didn't play terrible, terrible basketball.
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Jan 11, 2014, 02:48 PM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

The question is, what does Lowry think of debuting on the MVP ladder? Does he say cool, now let me see how I can use this accolade to leverage more money, or does he say I'm enjoying the most success I've ever had on a team that has given me full control over the offense, a starting role, a coach that I actually get along with, and as long as they don't low ball me, I'm here to stay?
          Honestly though, I'd love to know what athletes' thought processes are in these situations. In terms of standard of living, there's no meaningful difference between, like, a $40 million dollar contract or a $50 million dollar contract; either way, you're living as well as any human could ever hope to be living. I'd say this:

I'm enjoying the most success I've ever had on a team that has given me full control over the offense, a starting role, a coach that I actually get along with...
          has a much more real impact on his actual day-to-day emotional life. This is the thing that money literally cannot buy.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
            Um... Landry Fields?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
            X