Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you like in the first round?

Simple question.

Let's assume that the Raptors are in the first round... who would you want them to face?
    Washington
    19.83%
    Chicago
    12.07%
    Charlotte
    8.62%
    Brooklyn
    5.17%
    Detroit
    13.79%
    NY
    10.34%
    Atlanta
    6.90%
    Cleveland
    6.03%
    Bring 'em all on!
    17.24%

Knicks seem like a good choice. Nets have the type of line up that could find another gear in a playoff situation (a la last year's Celtics). Knicks will get a game or two against you when their shots fall or your team has an off night (see last night's game against the Heat) but in a 7-game series, they're just dysfunctional enough to give anyone a chance against them. I'd also take the Wizards as the Raps have looked very good against them pre- and post-Rudy.

Comment

Who the HELL voted Washington?

NeNe and Gortat in the front court are a very, very difficult combination for Amir & JV.

This in addition to the fact that John Wall and Bradley Beal can light-em-up at any point in time, they are a dangerous team...

Comment

I think Raps could beat any of them in a 7 game series. Cleveland might be the toughest competition but i think Raps beat them too.

As for my personal preference. I like the Bobcats.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Would love to go against New York. usually match up good with them, and would love to be the ones to eliminate them. However, losing to them would force most of us into a deep depression... which i guess isn't new to most Raptor fans

Comment

Wizards - the slower nature of the playoffs favors us. Nets in playoffs scare me - they are built to win and their experience level compared to Raps is incredible. I'd say Bobcats as preference but Raps never seem to play well against them. Knicks would be hilarious but even the small chance that Bargnani could hit a game winning shot and beat the Raps in a series, I dont even want to take the risk.

Comment

I personally would love to play NY... but the 'easiest' win might be against Detroit due to their dysfunctional line up.

Comment

Chicago. No Rose, No Deng. They wont have enough scoring but I also don't expect them to be in the playoffs.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Cleveland or Detroit. It will be interesting to see how Deng affects the Cavs, if he helps them turn it around they could be tough, but they are even younger than the Raps I believe and they have terrible chemistry. Detroit does as well, dysfunctional like planetmars said. A frontline of Drummond, Monroe, and Smith and they rarely post, and no defence.

Comment

I voted Chicago, but as said above I would be absolutely shocked to see them make it now.

Comment

Loool
                      any of the above
                      BRING IT

on a serious note I was gonna say Charlotte but we have a pretty bad history against them so yah
                      NY would be a fun series to watch but if were looking to win big then and humiliate our opponents then Chicago would be the right choice
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Detroit haha there sooooo bad
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Definitely not the Knicks, they have the best player in the series and a lot in reserve if they get healthy. That's just a cocky pick, surprised it's leading the poll. They won 50+ games last year. They have some players unhealthy and have some holes but they are still at around the same talent level and could figure it out. They are the last team I'd want to see in May, from that list.

I'd pick Charlotte, Bulls and Atlanta in that order. Charlotte would be a pure defensive grind fest and the least-watched playoff series in a decade, but I think Toronto would be major favorites.

Comment

Detroit is the only team of the whole lot that I felt we can sweep.
                            So - Detroit.

Comment

I kinda want them to face Charlotte and just beat the living shit out of them in the playoffs. I just hate Charlotte so much, they seriously annoy me. Their perimeter defense has regressed since Jeff Taylor went down so that should help. I think most of their wins against us have been flukes due to the fact that they always catch the Raptors at a bad time

Comment

Working...
                              X