Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Heat 3 Peat? who do you think will win it all this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Heat 3 Peat? who do you think will win it all this year?

Watching the Heat this year i think they're going to get destroyed by Indiana in the playoffs this year. Specially if Indy gets the home court advantage.

Heat just looks so much different this year. They look very beatable. Knicks and Nets just kicked their ass the last 2 days. And Dwyane Wade for a 31 year old man plays like an old man. He could be done in 3 years.

I like Indiana or San Antonio to win it all this year. I think they're the two best teams this season. My Wild Card is the Golden State Warriors. There's just something magical about them.
    Mamba Mentality

I think Indiana and the Thunder are the two best and most talented teams (assuming Westbrook gets healthy).

However, Miami has a great chance. If they win again, I won't be surprised at all. They are in an easy conference and they can beat Indiana, even if I consider Miami slight underdogs in that series right now.

We shouldn't overrate these regular season games. The Heat are clearly saving themselves. People are getting rested and given games off. Which is simply the right and smart thing to do, considering they played like 20+ games more than any other NBA team over the last 3 years.

Comment

No matter how badly the Heat are playing during the regular season, they just can't be counted out in the playoffs. As long as the Big 3 stay healthy there's no reason they won't have their 3 peat IMO. If not them I'm not sure who will win it all. I'd like to say Indiana, but seeing how defenceless (literally) they are without Hibbert and how Paul George was able to be kept in check by T Ross raises a few doubts. In the West there's a lot of teams that could potentially come out on top so I can't be absolutely sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      OG is our king

Comment

Pacers are a good defense without Hibbert. They have a very nice bench now, on both ends.

Btw, what's up with George? He's been mediocre for weeks. He's shooting .350ish FG. And it started vs Cleveland, who didn't even have any decent wing defender. He had several bad defensive games too. Burnt out? A pet died? New Years hangover?

Comment

8 of the heats 10 losses are against below .500 teams. It shows that they don't care for lesser teams but show up when they need to. I wouldn't write the heat off yet. Also to be noted is that the Heat are 4-5 when Dwyane Wade rests, which accounts for half their losses. Come playoff time Dwyane Wade won't be resting games. Indiana could still win but I think Miami is still the favourite, especially if they get Bynum.

Comment

The Heat seem to have a few missing players lately...eg. Chalmers, Haslem, Battier, Wade on back to backs. Last night, Lebron reminded me of his play when he was with the Cavs...lol. Trying to win the game by himself. Bosh was absolutely mia as also was against the Knicks. Unless these guys are aging quicker than expected (lets not forget Allen who is old) they should rebound after this bad NY trip.

OT: who was impressive last night was Livingston on the Nets. He is on a 1 yr. vet minimum contract and with their cap problems maybe available after this season.

Comment

I like Indy's team more, but the Heat can definitely win it all. Like others, I do not put much weight into regular season losses for the Heat. I think either eastern Conference team has a better chance to win it over any Western opponent due to the much easier route to the Finals in the East. It's early and things can change, but whatever team comes out of the West is gonna have to win 3 tough series...could that team go on to win a best of 7 against either the Heat or Pacers? It's gonna be fun!!

Comment

Heat are still the superior team IMO until proven otherwise in the playoffs. Lebron is on another level, so it would be tough for Indy

Comment

Yes the Heat can win it all, but if you're asking to whether I take them or the field to win it all, I'll take the field. Lebron is still the best player on the planet, and they are clearly coasting/saving themselves for the playoffs, but's that's because they have too. Lebron and Bosh are still at their peaks, but a lot of their supporting cast are on the downward slope of their careers. If Beasley is playing well that will help a lot, but injuries/age could really hurt them come playoff time.

I think the odds are pretty even on both sides once you get to the conference finals, where it will come down to execution/mental focus and luck. I do think that Lebron WILL have to do more in the playoffs for them to three-peat. In my opinion a Heat three-peat will cement Lebron as the best player in basketball since Jordan (with Kobe being a distant 2nd).
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                  X