vs CHA 8/14 57%
    vs POR 10/16 62%
    vs ORL 8/13 61%
    vs CLE 8/12 66%

what gives?

Meh Kings still stink and they are a horrible defensive team

Comment

He used 30% of our team plays.

Now he's using only 24% of Kings plays. He's settled for less long jumpers.

Nothing has changed to be honest, just now he's 3rd option on the team, accepted that role and he's shooting less long jumpshots. If you take a look at his % of long jumpshots, 3pt you'll see that he's shooting struggles are still here. He just found a solution. Congrats Gay

Comment

Well, right away we can tell that he's taking way less shots than when he was here.
        He's no longer the number 1 scoring option.
        And I remember seeing somewhere that he had an abysmal FG% near the rim at the beginning of the season. His shots in close are probably (finally) going in now.
        I still don't miss him.

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it. Haha
        OG is our king

Comment

Move on Raptor fans. Live and let live.

We're better off, so why hope for him to continue being bad?
          I'm glad he's doing well, and I'm glad Sacto is doing well.

Ya'll are the type of people that stalk your ex's on facebook.

Comment

Casey had almost as much to do with Gay being terrible as Gay did
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

All the best to Rudy. I hope he does well with Kings except on the occasion they are up against the Raptors.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Casey had almost as much to do with Gay being terrible as Gay did
                Oh of course.

The cool thing is how he immediately figured out how to coach the day Rudy left...I mean, what are the odds....

Crazy world we live in huh?

Comment

well dj augustin is now putting up double doubles in chicago. who knows.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    Oh of course.

The cool thing is how he immediately figured out how to coach the day Rudy left...I mean, what are the odds....

Crazy world we live in huh?
                    Welp. Ross replaced Rudy in the starting lineup, does that mean Casey's going to use him the exact same way he used Rudy? Not every player is the same.. Casey drew up situations for Rudy and they simply weren't the right calls. It ain't rocket science.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Hope he does well. That was a trade that suited both teams it seems. He has a centre that is option 1 and getting a lot of defensive attention probably. Guess he can opt out now and get a long term deal. Hope no one boos him when he visits here...we need to stop that.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Hope he does well. That was a trade that suited both teams it seems. He has a centre that is option 1 and getting a lot of defensive attention probably. Guess he can opt out now and get a long term deal. Hope no one boos him when he visits here...we need to stop that.
                        I agree, I felt Rudy did give his 110% and I don't know about his personal sentiments about Toronto but he certainly didn't have anything bad to say, I hope we all wish him the best of luck when the Kings come to Toronto on March.

Comment

awesomeness of an elite big man

cousins is wicked good. he gets less crazy and watch out.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            He used 30% of our team plays.

Now he's using only 24% of Kings plays. He's settled for less long jumpers.

Nothing has changed to be honest, just now he's 3rd option on the team, accepted that role and he's shooting less long jumpshots. If you take a look at his % of long jumpshots, 3pt you'll see that he's shooting struggles are still here. He just found a solution. Congrats Gay
                            Even when he was here, in games where he took 15 or less shots, his rate was much higher.

He's a natural shooter who relies on shooting instinctually. As the 1st option in Toronto, his instinct was to shoot even in bad positions, including some locations on the floor where he was shooting 11%. With DeMarcus Cousins as a powerful presence on offense, Rudy's instinct is to pass or choose better positions. There were times, like in Rudy's game against his old Memphis team, where he could see wider. But that was rare. And I don't think you could have trained it out of him without damaging his shooting. He was aware of the problem and tried to compensate in other non-shooting ways(like rebounding) and being more reliable on defence.

Gay is a better fit on a bad team that has now solved their Small Forward problem. Having visited the Sacramento fan sites, I'm glad they've got some hope. The Raptors fans are not the only ones to suffer in a sometimes dysfunctional NBA.

Comment

Don't miss him one bit, but maybe it was trying to use him as a small ball 4 ? Gay is a nice player but he just didn't fit here in TDot. a 3 and D guy like Ross complements Demar much better at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X