• Show
Clear All

okay now im pissed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS8RCeB30GE

guy had 33/6/5 on 63% shooting.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      And then there's this!

The Rudy Gay Principle
      About five weeks ago the Raptors traded Rudy Gay to Sacramento. Since then, he’s looked like a marvelous scorer (not a typo).

read more here.
      Good write. I dont know if this has been mentioned before...but I dont believe the fault for Rudy's high possession rate was either entirely a coaching or Rudy demand/failure. It was more so a pg problem. Theory: Lowry & Gay are best friends (godfather too) and I feel Lowry was overfeeding Gay who is not naturally a passer or creator especially if he is getting the ball in the wrong spots (like the perimeter). Anyway, for whatever reasons it has turned out well so far for both teams...the essence of a good trade. I was hoping at the time of the trade that MU might be developing a reputation of a heister. Not a good rep in the GM community!

Comment

And then there's this from that brilliantly written article on Rudy (thanks for sharing Balls):
        since trading Gay and his contract, Toronto has the best record in the Eastern Conference.
        Guys what does it matter how well he is playing in Sacramento?
        We don't need him, clearly.

And he obviously can't play at that level without a serious Bigtime Alpha in front of him, exactly what our Roster is looking to avoid.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          And then there's this from that brilliantly written article on Rudy (thanks for sharing Balls):

Guys what does it matter how well he is playing in Sacramento?
          We don't need him, clearly.

And he obviously can't play at that level without a serious Bigtime Alpha in front of him, exactly what our Roster is looking to avoid.
          Agreed. Sac is still too one and done. Not a very sustainable model for ANY team moving forward. Happy for Gay, happier for our team!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

It's possible that being traded for the second time in a year (with each team playing better after he left; Toronto significantly so) has caused him to rethink his approach to the game.
            Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Jan 16, 2014, 04:26 PM.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              It's possible that being traded for the second time in a year (with each team playing better after you left; Toronto significantly so) has caused him to rethink his approach to the game.
              I also didn't see Sacramento's GM gushing over him and offering him up as a saviour for their franchise. I'm convinced that BC is largely to blame for Gay's approach, as though Gay took the shameless promotion to heart and believed it was his job to singlehandedly carry this team. Unfortunately, BC overestimated Gay's abilities and underestimated the team's potential.

I'm glad to see the trade worked out well for all parties, aside from BC, of course. Goes to show that 'fit' truly does matter.

Comment

He will suck again eventually. I know it.
                A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

BC is to blame because he made Rudy sound like he was some superstar which he isn't but also some blame for Casey because he didn't have the balls to tell Rudy to stop taking all these ridiculous shots and move the ball around
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lol, Raptor fans are mental. BC is to blame for this?

Everyone and their dog could see that Rudy was too heavy coming into the season. Is it any surprise that his fg% has gone up by 22% at the rim (see Goldberry graphic) now that he's played himself into shape? Not to mention that Casey himself today said the game plan was to use isos while Gay was here.

Blaming BC for every single thing is pretty ridiculous. In this case I'd say most of the blame falls on Casey, and some on Gay, who clearly wasn't conditioned to play with the new weight.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Lol, Raptor fans are mental. BC is to blame for this?

Everyone and their dog could see that Rudy was too heavy coming into the season. Is it any surprise that his fg% has gone up by 22% at the rim (see Goldberry graphic) now that he's played himself into shape? Not to mention that Casey himself today said the game plan was to use isos while Gay was here.

Blaming BC for every single thing is pretty ridiculous. In this case I'd say most of the blame falls on Casey, and some on Gay, who clearly wasn't conditioned to play with the new weight.
                      I should have said the blame started with BC, but it was hardly his fault alone. I should have been more precise in my assessment.

Comment

Rudy had 41 on 15 of 26 shooting tonight, i hate him.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                          Rudy had 41 on 15 of 26 shooting tonight, i hate him.
                          I'm happy for him.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I'm happy for him.
                            me too, glad he fits there for his sake. He certainly didnt fit here.

Comment

Who cares, honestly.

This isn't a case of Rudy turning it around. This is exactly what he did when he got traded here. It's what Salmons does whenever he gets traded. Give it a couple months and they'll be back to normal.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's not Rudy turning it around, it's nothing to do with his physique. It's entirely to do with the fact that now Rudy is playing with DeMarcus Cousins, and that means Rudy isn't the first option on his team any more; whenever Boogie is on the court, Boogie is the first option, because Boogie is an actual superstar and Rudy just looks like one. When Rudy and Boogie are on the court together, Boogie draws double-teams, which means Rudy gets more open looks and easier opportunities, and that makes Rudy's game better, not least because HE isn't playing through double teams.

This is basically exactly like how Bargnani is better on offense this year than last year. Well, yes: he's playing behind Melo, who's drawing all the double teams and that means Bargs gets better looks! But when Melo is off the court, Bargs is still Bargs, and when Boogie is off the court, Rudy plays like the Bad Rudy we all know and are glad to have gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X