X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i dunno about top 5 in the league

top 5 in the east definitely

we had a nice run there when we beat OKC and Indy but if you think we'd beat most of the western conference teams in a best of 7 series you've got a sad reality coming
    Perhaps you missed the "last 10 games" part, but try and stay on subject:... "but if you think we'd beat most of the western conference teams in a best of 7 series you've got a sad reality coming." isn't remotely part of the discussion. I guess it helps nto get random inane thoughts out though.

Yeah, Craiger brings up a really good point.

This team is winning and it's a lot of fun, but a lot of it has to do with most of the players playing out of their mind and the team's weirdly good luck with injuries. What happens when everyone comes back down to earth? When Lowry gets paid? When half the team has their rights renounced? I hate to say it but at that point we're a 7th/8th seed.
    From "top 5 in the east definitely", to "we're a 7th/8th seed" within 8 minutes. Interesting progression for such a deep thinker.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      That's ridiculous. Lowry has played like this in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No he hasn't
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

so you agree everyone's playing better than they have before?
        Well if you're in your second fucking season in the league you better be playing better than before. It's something called improvement, I'm not sure if you've ever experienced it or heard of it but it happens.

Comment

MrBlack wrote: View Post
          I think it just shows that many teams are capable of a great stretch. The numbers don't lie to you - if the season was 10 games long, they would be nearly elite level the way things are going. In reality, its more so that the truly elite teams have more elite stretches (and probably longer runs) than the lessor teams.

So to answer the question, I think it tells you were this team's ceiling is in terms of short term performance.

An additional note though on strength of schedule so far; TO has had the third hardest schedule, ATL has had the second easiest (Chi 4th easiest, Wash 13th easiest). So if it wasn't obvious that TO is in a great position to claim that third spot in the east, it should become very clear as the schedule strength gets starts to approach the middle ground for those teams.
          I've been watching all of Atlanta's games and I can say with confidence that we are a better team than Atlanta now that Horford is done for the season. I expect us to torch them next time we play them. Atlanta really got screwed that Horford didn't get hurt earlier in the year so they could ****. Now they have too many wins and might as well keep playing for the 3-4 seed. They could have moved Teague, Korver, and Milsap and had a really shit team very fast, while getting back some good future assets.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            Perhaps you missed the "last 10 games" part, but try and stay on subject:... "but if you think we'd beat most of the western conference teams in a best of 7 series you've got a sad reality coming." isn't remotely part of the discussion. I guess it helps nto get random inane thoughts out though.

From "top 5 in the east definitely", to "we're a 7th/8th seed" within 8 minutes. Interesting progression for such a deep thinker.
            Haha, that's pretty funny.

Comment

No he hasn't
              Yeah I'm not sure how people claim Lowry has played like this in the past. For short periods of time maybe, but not over this long a period of time.

Lowry is shooting his highest 3pt%, eFG% and TS% all on his highest 3pt attempt rate, lowest TO% and 2nd highest assist%, 2nd highest per36 scoring, lowest drtg (although this is relative) all leading to his by far his highest ws/48.

Doesn't mean this can't be the new normal, but it is unlikely to be sustained.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Well if you're in your second fucking season in the league you better be playing better than before. It's something called improvement, I'm not sure if you've ever experienced it or heard of it but it happens.
                ...so you agree?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I think the bold part is a fair assessment.

The million dollar question is, given that this team would be capped-out next season after re-signing Lowry/Vaszuez/Patterson/Hansborough and adding a 1st round pick, does MU equate "best of the rest" to "no man's land" or not?

I think it's safe to say that there are 7 teams looking like the class of the NBA: Miami, Indy, SAS, OKC, LAC, Houston and Portland (a healthy GS would make that an elite-8).

There are several teams in the next tier (along with Toronto), who are:
                  - dealing with significant injuries
                  - stockpiling young talent
                  - stockpiling draft picks
                  - ****ing to improve 2014 draft pick
                  - underachieving

Even if just a couple of those teams take a big leap forward next season (or return to form when healthy), Toronto will be in tough to compete for even top-12/15. We can all assume all we want, and point to 'evidence' to support our opinion, but I'm very curious what MU's own definition for "no man's land" truly is. I'm sure we'll find out between now and the start of next season!
                  I don't see us bringing back Hansbrough or Vasquez, which should leave us with around $8-9M to play with, plus whichever exception we end up with.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post

try reading the whole post next time bro. write that down.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      I don't see us bringing back Hansbrough or Vasquez, which should leave us with around $8-9M to play with, plus whichever exception we end up with.
                      how much money do you think we'll have to play with roughly?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I'm not sure how people claim Lowry has played like this in the past. For short periods of time maybe, but not over this long a period of time.

Lowry is shooting his highest 3pt%, eFG% and TS% all on his highest 3pt attempt rate, lowest TO% and 2nd highest assist%, 2nd highest per36 scoring, lowest drtg (although this is relative) all leading to his by far his highest ws/48.

Doesn't mean this can't be the new normal, but it is unlikely to be sustained.
                        The only thing that messes it up is an injury or some key players being traded. Lowry has thrived whenever starting alongside a decent team. Literally every time he gets on a roll he gets hurt so I hope I'm not jinxing it.

Comment

too late primer, he's done. Done.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

...so you agree?
                            It's already been stated that no one is playing "out of their minds" and that most of our guys are playing at a sustainable rate. I love how you're telling p00ka to read the whole post when you aren't even doing that... Hypocrite much?

Comment

Tone it down. No need to swear and no need to make it personal - you could have made your point without doing either.

Comment

It's already been stated that no one is playing "out of their minds" and that most of our guys are playing at a sustainable rate. I love how you're telling p00ka to read the whole post when you aren't even doing that... Hypocrite much?
                                hey bro i already stated playing out of their minds was the wrong statement, i'm just wondering if you read the whole post too?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X