X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrub wrote: View Post
    I like this, frankly.
    Sign of maturity.
    When we drafted Ross, the first piece of interview footage from that night was a reporter asking what Raptors fans could expect from him, and Ross' replied "highlights".
    And my palm went to my face.
    I've grown to really like Ross, but that response made me worried.
    Call me old, but 2 points is 2 points, and we haven't been winning enough to give a shit about highlights.

Also, there hasn't exactly been a drought of dunks either.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being flashy if you're winning and playing good basketball at the same time. You're basically giving your fans, who pay to attend games, a good show. It's different if you're a scrub who plays garbage minutes and decide to windmill jam when no one is trying any more. Cause for face palm would be when you're on one of the worse teams in the league, currently losing to the opposing team, and decide to show off with a self alleyoop jam (a la the great Javale Mcgee

Comment

The dunk is just two points. Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over rated. Bob Cousy never had a dunk and he did OK.

Comment

Dunk are good to suck the life of out the other team, hype up the home crowd, or to shut the away crowd up. But fuck are they fun to watch

Comment

I love a good dunk, but when they swing the ball around for that extra pass or two for a wide open look, that's what gets me going.

Gay was a nice dunker but the team was un-watchable, keep your dunks give me W's.

Comment

Yoshi wrote: View Post
              I'd much rather Ross take after DeRozan's demeanor than end up all flair with the likes of the old Gerald Green. Heck, even Jamario Moon was explosive on rebounds...Ross unnecessarily jumps for those rebounds.
              He is fine. I'm happy seeing him go high for rebounds because it's effortless for him and the bigs need help.
              The dunk is typically overrated but I'd like to see Tross get out on the break and attack a bit more, lately after a steal he kind of just ambles off to the three point line or just cruises up court waiting for Lowry. Nothing more explosive than a TRoss dunk on the break!

Comment

Yoshi wrote: View Post
                I'd much rather Ross take after DeRozan's demeanor than end up all flair with the likes of the old Gerald Green. Heck, even Jamario Moon was explosive on rebounds...Ross unnecessarily jumps for those rebounds.
                Some of them he doesn't even try to sky as high as he does...he just is that athletic.

And over jumping for a rebound can only be a good thing.

After watching DD play passively and without fire game in and game out for years. Seeing Ross take an opportunity and be so focused and energized on D that he is a major part of getting the team going defensively....I think DD needs to be a bit more like Ross if you ask me.

Raps for years have been lacking an identity with DD...suddenly with other players having larger roles (Lowry, Val, Ross, Amir)...the team is starting to have one. This is not a coincidence if you ask me. DD is a passive personality that is dictated by the people he is around.

I'm happy with Wins. Threes and great passing are secondary, which contribute mostly to winning. Dunks are fun, but I'm not dying to see them when I tune in to a game
                Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Wed Jan 15, 2014, 03:28 AM.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  He is fine. I'm happy seeing him go high for rebounds because it's effortless for him and the bigs need help.
                  The dunk is typically overrated but I'd like to see Tross get out on the break and attack a bit more, lately after a steal he kind of just ambles off to the three point line or just cruises up court waiting for Lowry. Nothing more explosive than a TRoss dunk on the break!
                  Yeah, a dunk will actually give you a better chance at success in this situation. You're much more likely to get a call on a blown dunk as opposed to a blown finger roll. Aggression matters.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                  X