Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Shouldn't The Raptors Make A Run At LeBron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the Raps to beat LeBron, I don't want him doing the winning for us.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I want the Raps to beat LeBron, I don't want him doing the winning for us.
      Umm....I'm pretty happy with anybody doing the winning for us, especially if it's winning championships

Comment

Ugh... it would just be so much sweeter if we could do it without him.

Comment

Ugh... it would just be so much sweeter if we could do it without him.
          No it wouldn't. People want to cheer for the underdog because they think it will be "sweeter" if the underdog wins. The underdog very rarely wins. Like almost never.

I guarantee you if LeBron was here and we won a ring, you wouldn't stop to think/say "man, I wish we did it without him, it would be so much better". More likely it'll be "thank shit we weren't on the losing side, because that blows".

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            No it wouldn't. People want to cheer for the underdog because they think it will be "sweeter" if the underdog wins. The underdog very rarely wins. Like almost never.

I guarantee you if LeBron was here and we won a ring, you wouldn't stop to think/say "man, I wish we did it without him, it would be so much better". More likely it'll be "thank shit we weren't on the losing side, because that blows".
            Not for you it wouldn't*
            Whatever... I would obviously be ridiculously excited if he was on our team and we won a championship because by that point my feeling would have probably changed but as of right now if I had the choice to A) Win a title with LeBron. or B) Win a title with anybody else, I would choose B.

Comment

Not for you it wouldn't*
              Whatever... I would obviously be ridiculously excited if he was on our team and we won a championship because by that point my feeling would have probably changed but as of right now if I had the choice to A) Win a title with LeBron. or B) Win a title with anybody else, I would choose B.
              Still find that kind of ridiculous. Beggars can't be choosers, and right now, that's what the Raptors are in this league. Considering the other "horses" still in the league who have won are all pretty much washed up (Kobe, Duncan, Nowitzki)....LeBron is the only proven champion still in his prime. So until somebody else actually wins a championship, there is no better choice.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                The only problem I have with LeBron coming to town is that all his groupies would come flocking. This board would go nuts. lol
                We will be drowned in a sea of bandwagoners!

THE APOCALYPSE WILL HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Still find that kind of ridiculous. Beggars can't be choosers, and right now, that's what the Raptors are in this league. Considering the other "horses" still in the league who have won are all pretty much washed up (Kobe, Duncan, Nowitzki)....LeBron is the only proven champion still in his prime. So until somebody else actually wins a championship, there is no better choice.
                  We have different opinions on this subject.

Comment

We have different opinions on this subject.
                    Very. Put it a different way. If we had won the draft lottery that year and drafted him, would you still "hate" the idea of winning with him? I'd wager probably not.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Very. Put it a different way. If we had won the draft lottery that year and drafted him, would you still "hate" the idea of winning with him? I'd wager probably not.
                      Nope probably not but we didn't draft him

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'd rather go for Durant, but either way we need a guy from that tier to take us to the very top.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• One reason:

He's a whanker.

Science.

Comment

• Your a whanker

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                              I'd rather go for Durant, but either way we need a guy from that tier to take us to the very top.
                              Do you really think Durant will come to Toronto ??!!

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                Do you really think Durant will come to Toronto ??!!
                                http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ronto-raptors/

Why not?

I think as the league perception of the Raptors continues to improve, so too will the desirability to play here. MLSE is determined to change the Raptors and put them in a winning direction, and they will do that buy offering a guy like Durant big bucks to play here.
                                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X