Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When It Comes To Lowry, Eating Crow Isn't So Bad After All.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    it was around three hours ago :'( why they gotta do that to us
    The story was three hours ago. The event might have been 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Interesting listen to Bob McCown's convo with Butch Carter regarding Lowry resigning and going after LeBron. It seems like it's not a slam dunk to resign Klow AND Casey (as some feel they're still not getting along). Interesting.
      I think that hour on prime time with butch and the conversation with Eliot Friedman that followed needs its own thread. So much stuff in it. Then again, once carter was gone and it was just bob and friej talking, you realized they don't pay too much attention to basketball.

Comment

If I was GSW this would concern me also. KLow doesn't get along with just anybody.

Comment

This made apsolutely no sense in the first place. Why would they be going after a starter to play minimal back up minutes. Not only is he not a back up, hes one of the best starting PGs in the L(right now). To make this worse, theyre going to publicly say "they didnt want him because of his attitude". Seems like theyre trying to tarnish his good name because theyre butt hurt they didnt get him. No body cares why you think you didnt want him, your opportunity is gone. Seems like they really were trying to get the guy and didnt capitalize, now they feel the need to explain themselves for botching a great opportunity.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            I'm still DQ'ing you Doc because you were on Tank Nation and now your back peddling. #MessiahUjiri

But Yes.
            Lowry is the head of the snake.

DeMar is the heart that beats.
            Fair enough dude. Truth be told I've never been on the ****ing team. I gave into peer pressure and found a funny **** gif that I wanted to share with my peers here.

Comment

......speaking of ****ing I'm still shocked to see soo many **** avatars looool you guys still got hope in this??
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

T@nking is for F*ckwits

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  The story was three hours ago. The event might have been 2 weeks ago.
                  Plus, the wording on RealGM makes it sound like there was a potential deal on the table that GS declined, but the source they reference, Bleacher Report, doesn't make any such reference. It's possible that GS was just talking internally about the names said to be available.

The Warriors’ search to bolster their bench—particularly with another backup point guard—led them to seriously consider Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry, a league source said. However, concerns about how Lowry— a soon-to-be free agent—would fit into their locker room prompted them to pass. Golden State’s unselfish camaraderie is both rare and a decided advantage. The asking price for Lowry apparently has risen with his and the Raptors’ success as well.
                  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...it-makes-sense

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Lowry is just an interesting cat. When he first arrived he was all about forcing the issue, gambling too much on defense and taking charge of the team, then he changes his game and becomes strictly a facilitator when the "wish Lowry was more like Jose" talk started, then completely defers to DeMar and Gay and then changes his game once again to become this perfect blend of facilitator, scorer, defender, and leader. Changing your game is such a difficult thing to do but he does it so easily. Truly a talented cat.
                    Agreed, he may have upped his FG attempts (someone on previous page noted that) but I feel he's playing an even more unselfish game. He seems to be making all the right reads at the moment, he's really passing the ball very well and defending as well.
                    IMO if the raptors had to pick one guy for the allstar game, it'd be him. Two would be nice though
                    As for Jonas, he seems to have such a great attitude with regards to learning.

Comment

Anyone is on their best behaviour right before they get paid. Sorry don't believe. Sell high.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                        Anyone is on their best behaviour right before they get paid. Sorry don't believe. Sell high.
                        Why is it so hard to accept that maybe, just maybe, Kyle has changed for good?

It's harder to accept this because of the contract year and such, but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Besides, you probably want to sell high so we can give Vasquez 2 years, 70 million.
                        Last edited by isaacthompson; Wed Jan 15, 2014, 09:59 AM.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                          I have been very lukewarm on Kyle since he came over because I didn't pay attention to what he did before I only know what he has done since he got here. Outside of the first 3 games and this last stretch of games he has been fairly mediocre with flashes of greatness. He has stopped doing all the things that bothered me with his game. He is no longer a gambler on defense like he was. He now plays within the defense that the coaching staff has been pushing since they were put in place. He also is not as reckless driving to the net when there is nothing there. He now takes what is there and when its not he attempts to make plays for his team mates. He has also had the ability since we started winning to make a big shot when the other team is making a run or starting to come on strong that usually ignites our team and then we end up on a run as a result.

As you say I hope this is a full time thing and not just a contract year thing.
                          If MU extended Lowry mid-season we would find out. I wonder if that plays into the mindset of MU?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            If MU extended Lowry mid-season we would find out. I wonder if that plays into the mindset of MU?
                            Lowry won't accept an extension (limited money and years) so the point is moot.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                              it was around three hours ago :'( why they gotta do that to us
                              Consider the source.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Lowry won't accept an extension (limited money and years) so the point is moot.
                                I disagree. I think the subject has yet to be discussed.

Comment

Working...
                                X