Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/

I think it's a no brainer really. Vince best years was with the Raptors. Half Man Half Amazing. It'll be a joke if he goes into the Hall as a New Jersey Nets lol. It's not right.

And Butch is right, the Raptors, the fans and Vince should make up. I would love to see the Raps sign Vince to a 1 year deal here to finish his career. Or sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Raptor.
    The statement should be: "Should Vince Carter be inducted into the Hall of Fame he should do so as a Raptor".

I'm not sold on him getting in. There are better players than him on the outside looking in.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The statement should be: "Should Vince Carter be inducted into the Hall of Fame he should do so as a Raptor".

I'm not sold on him getting in. There are better players than him on the outside looking in.
      To me it is simple. Were his accomplishments while in TO enough to get into the Hall? Practically no team success, limited individual awards outside of the dunk contest.

So if he gets in, it's on the strength of what he did elsewhere (I doubt he gets in, but still). So no, he should not be inducted (at all), but if he does, it should not be as a Raptor.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Vince never reached the heights he did in Toronto elsewhere but you kind of prove my point I'm making. Vince aint getting in. His quitting cousin can rot on the sideline as well.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          As I said in the other VC thread, the only reason I'd be interested in the Raptors bringing VC back into the fold (as a player and/or ambassador) is if it helps lure Durant as a free agent in 2016!
          How could that remotely help? Are they good friends? Is Vince well regarded by his peers? Why? Everything I have heard or read about Durant (the humble one) is the antithesis of the Carter personality of old. Drake would be the better arm twister in my view.

Comment

• They should make a 15 foot tall bronze statue of Vince with his elbow in the rim and put it outside the ACC

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              How could that remotely help? Are they good friends? Is Vince well regarded by his peers? Why? Everything I have heard or read about Durant (the humble one) is the antithesis of the Carter personality of old. Drake would be the better arm twister in my view.
              Durant grew up a fan of the Raptors, because of VC. If the Raptors and VC were to kiss and makeup (possibly even with VC ending his career on the roster), along with Drake, TL/MU, the re-branding and hosting an all-star game, that could combine to offer at least some sort of legitimate enticement for Durant in 2016.

Comment

• Skip2MyLou wrote: View Post
                They should make a 15 foot tall bronze statue of Vince with his elbow in the rim and put it outside the ACC
                i'd rather a vince statue than a stupid maple leafs statue they're planning

Comment

• Who's he beating out?

Some notable retired players hoping to be inducted:
                  • Dennis Rodman
                  • Chris Webber
                  • Alonzo Mourning
                  • Robert Horry
                  • Mitch Richmond
                  • Tim Hardaway
                  • Shawn Kemp
                  • Glen Rice
                  • Bill Laimbeer
                  • AC Green
                  • Buck Williams

Not to mention there will be a bunch of prolific new candidates coming up in the next five years:
                  • Allen Iverson
                  • Steve Nash
                  • Kobe Bryant
                  • Tim Duncan
                  • Paul Pierce
                  • Kevin Garnett
                  • Ray Allen
                  • Ben Wallace
                  • Dirk Nowitzki
                  • Chauncey Billups
                  • Tracy McGrady

And there are probably a bunch of names I'm not thinking about.

Comment

Durant grew up a fan of the Raptors, because of VC. If the Raptors and VC were to kiss and makeup (possibly even with VC ending his career on the roster), along with Drake, TL/MU, the re-branding and hosting an all-star game, that could combine to offer at least some sort of legitimate enticement for Durant in 2016.
                    If Durant really wanted to play with Vince I'm sure OKC would have tried to get him over Dallas when he was a free agent. I just don't see the acquisition of Carter doing anything to move that needle for Durant.

The all-star game, re-branding, relationship with Drake all seem more plausible. The thing the Raptors really need is a top 10 player. That will get Durant interested the most. Only guy I can think of that comes close is Kevin Love. So if we can some how get Love in the hopes of getting Durant in 2016 then that's a plan I could get comfortable with, even though it seems like an extremely long shot.

Comment

• Rodman's already in (2011).

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Some notable retired players hoping to be inducted:

Not to mention there will be a bunch of prolific new candidates coming up in the next five years:
                        • Allen Iverson
                        • Steve Nash
                        • Kobe Bryant
                        • Tim Duncan
                        • Paul Pierce
                        • Kevin Garnett
                        • Ray Allen
                        • Ben Wallace
                        • Dirk Nowitzki
                        • Chauncey Billups
                        • Tracy McGrady

Absolutely~ to the bolded shoe-Ins imo to Add I think Tony Parker and Ginobli should be in the HoF or at least Tony Parker.

Comment

• Shaq's a shoe in.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Absolutely~ to the bolded shoe-Ins imo to Add I think Tony Parker and Ginobli should be in the HoF or at least Tony Parker.
                            Completely agree and the unbolded guys all have a better resume than Vince.

Comment

I would hope that Durant has grown up since then...and all indications are he has the way he conducts himself personally and professionally. Imo, what would really entice a Durant or any other high profile f/a is a team with a promising roster on the cusp of going to the conference finals (at least) and committed management... not some hucksters like Vince and Drake who have their personal agendas firmly in tow. I suspect Drake is a JayZ wannabe while Vince is looking for a retirement gig and the Nets aren't beckoning. And who can blame them.

Comment

• Carter will have his ring soon.... with the Raptors

Comment

Working...
                                X