No announcement yet.

Butch Carter: Vince should enter Hall as a Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were signing Vince for the Vet minimum when Lebron comes. He's retiring a raptor and winning a championship.

Book it bitches

Comment

If he gets in what else could he go in as? A Net? A Maverick? Not sure there's a choice. He barely gets in though.

Comment

He could go in as a member of Team USA, and have Frederic Weis carry him to the podium sitting on his shoulders.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I like contrasting the comments in another thread about how KD "likes" the Raptors, 100% of the credit for which is due to Vincent Lamar Carter, with the undying Vince-hate here.

I'm way over how Vince quit. It was dumb - no need to defend it - but he was young. He made a mistake and showed poor judgment. Whoop dee do. Newsflash - multimillionaires in their 20's don't always make the best big-picture decisions. Also, the sun is on fire and water is wet. Anything else we need to know? The Vince years were great for Raptors fans, and we've been nowhere near that "peak" before or since.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Greg Anthony actually replied to one of my tweets. I asked him if he thinks VC is a future Hall of Famer.

@RRyan22 great question. I would say yes. We have had this debate before at @NBATV. #AskGA
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Someone remind me why Vince should be in the HOF at all
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Someone remind me why Vince should be in the HOF at all
                This.
                What did he do? Dunk a basketball? Win a slam Dunk contest?
                I get what you guys mean but you don't make the HOF for making a team famous. I've said it before and i'll say it again, if we didn't draft VC then it would've been someone else to put T.O on the map. Its not like without Vince this team wouldn't exist, it existed before his arrival and its still existing after his departure.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I like contrasting the comments in another thread about how KD "likes" the Raptors, 100% of the credit for which is due to Vincent Lamar Carter, with the undying Vince-hate here.

I'm way over how Vince quit. It was dumb - no need to defend it - but he was young. He made a mistake and showed poor judgment. Whoop dee do. Newsflash - multimillionaires in their 20's don't always make the best big-picture decisions. Also, the sun is on fire and water is wet. Anything else we need to know? The Vince years were great for Raptors fans, and we've been nowhere near that "peak" before or since.
                  Of course. But we aren't talking about sitting around the dinner table with your family laughing about what an idiot you were younger. We're talking about getting into a professional sports hall of fame. This is the greatest honour an athlete can have given to them. In this case, the highest possible standards should be in play.

In a team sport, one of the cardinal sins is quitting on your team (also - I'd figured this out by the time I was about ten years old, never mind 25). All the dunks in the world shouldn't be able to make that disappear. But if that's the case, then just end the charade - have players inducted as individuals, with no association to any team, because clearly that relationship means nothing.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I don't understand how any of you can get over the fact that he quit on the team and acted like a little girl for a good 5 months.

oh yeah and not to mention the fact that the Raptors obtained a bag of moldy cheese in return for him.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                      I don't understand how any of you can get over the fact that he quit on the team and acted like a little girl for a good 5 months.

oh yeah and not to mention the fact that the Raptors obtained a bag of moldy cheese in return for him.
                      LOOOL explain this to me......lool how???
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

He's not going to the Hall, so who cares.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          LOOOL explain this to me......lool how???
                          Were you even around back then? lol jk

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            He's not going to the Hall, so who cares.
                            VC is a LOCK to be in the Hall of Fame. He's got a better resume than some of the players that are in the Hall.

8x NBA All Star
                            All NBA second team
                            All NBA third team
                            NBA Rookie of the Year
                            NBA Slam Dunk Champ(His performance in that contest was legendary)
                            Top 10 in 3pt FG's made.
                            Top 25 in the NBA Scoring list
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Were you even around back then? lol jk
                              2004, yes and no, I was 5 that doesnt count
                              LOOOL
                              so no
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                VC is a LOCK to be in the Hall of Fame. He's got a better resume than some of the players that are in the Hall.

8x NBA All Star
                                All NBA second team
                                All NBA third team
                                NBA Rookie of the Year
                                NBA Slam Dunk Champ(His performance in that contest was legendary)
                                Top 10 in 3pt FG's made.
                                Top 25 in the NBA Scoring list
                                well if you put it that way......
                                wow just wow

Comment

Working...
                                X