Demar Derozan one of NBA.com's "Below-the-Radar All-Stars"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    what players were playing at an all-star calibre last season for the raptors? NONE
    demar was in that race and andrea was two years ago so...
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Afflalo has NO BUSINESS being on the All-Star team this year.

I agree with what Jeff Van Gundy said today: "I don't believe there should ever be an all star from a sub .500 team"

Afflalo's team is not just a sub .500 team. The Magic are one of the worst teams in the league. No way he's an all-star.
      That's just plain stupid. The all-star game is about the players. It's not about the coaches, GMs and organizations which factors heavily into wins. Is it fair to penalize a player because his owner is James Dolan?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        That's just plain stupid. The all-star game is about the players. It's not about the coaches, GMs and organizations which factors heavily into wins. Is it fair to penalize a player because his owner is James Dolan?
        they do take the record into consideration...
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

DeMar himself thinks he should be an All-Star.

There's even an All-Star campaign out for you right now.. do you think you deserve to be an All-Star?

I definitely think so. My teammates and coaches have been pushing me, putting me in a position where I can be one. Me personally, I think I am one, but at the end of the day, I'm just trying to help this team win.
          Phone interview with ESPN: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10290030
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            DeMar himself thinks he should be an All-Star.
            Phone interview with ESPN: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10290030
            are you tryin to say thats a good or bad thing??

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              No. The Allstar game is about the fans. What fan cares about a player on a sub .500 team outside the playoff race?

Comment

what players were playing at an all-star calibre last season for the raptors? NONE
                jose had comparable stats last year.

i think it could be argued a legitimate allstar in the east this year would have a better team record than the magic have

Comment

affalo aside. unless a player is doing some incredible, for example t-mac with orlando, players from winning teams should take preference.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i think it could be argued a legitimate allstar in the east this year would have a better team record than the magic have
                    ohmaGod jose :'(

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

comparable? last year, his numbers were lower than his 2008 peak years. and he doesnt have the same impact on games like say, jrue holiday does, despite those two having similar numbers last year. calderons assist numbers were beat by VASQUEZ of all people last year and i dont think anyone would ever talk about vasquez being an all-star ever.

grasping at straws to say calderon could have been an all star if we were .500 last year.

Comment

comparable? last year, his numbers were lower than his 2008 peak years. and he doesnt have the same impact on games like say, jrue holiday does, despite those two having similar numbers last year. calderons assist numbers were beat by VASQUEZ of all people last year and i dont think anyone would ever talk about vasquez being an all-star ever.

grasping at straws to say calderon could have been an all star if we were .500 last year.
                        not saying he could have or should have at all. saying affalo shouldn't be considered. i'm saying that your argument of us having no right to be upset at sub 500 teams having all stars who aren't doing anything besides leading a bad team to a bad record is wrong. we have had players put up comparable, not better, numbers as to what is considered all star level and havent had an all star in 5 years. now our team has two that should play in the game and we might have to be happy with only one because affalo plays on a garbage team and leads them in scoring.

Comment

News flash: we are barely a .500 team right now and we're already mocking other players from sub .500 teams? Yeesh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                          News flash: there are only 4 teams above .500 in the east.

Btw even frank Vogel said the all stars can be chosen from sub .500 teams, but plus .500 teams should get more consideration, hence lowry and did should get in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                            News flash: there are only 4 teams above .500 in the east.

Btw even frank Vogel said the all stars can be chosen from sub .500 teams, but plus .500 teams should get more consideration, hence lowry and did should get in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                            uhhh no shit. try reading the thread before replying.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              What does being an all-star really have to do with your record? It's a team game; No player can be the difference between a 50 and 25 win season, minus Lebron. This criteria would just eliminate good players on bad teams.
                              I think that being sub .500 shouldn't always impact consideration of whether you are an All Star or not, but you have to take into consideration that okay players on bad teams often have inflated stats. Mike James comes to mind. Maybe not as good of an example, because I felt Bosh deserved to be an All Star, but his numbers have dropped considerably since leaving Toronto.

Comment

I thought I read or heard somewhere that this year, they are not picking All Stars by position...meaning they may go with more picks at one position. For example if the coaches feel like there are more PG's than SG's deserving of being in the ASG they will just pick more PG's. Anyone hear anything about that? I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X