Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If We Don't Retain Lowry This Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To answer this question, MU will never, ever get caught with his pants around his ankles. If there's even a whiff of KL wanting to test the waters, he's gone by the Feb. trade deadline.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      To answer this question, MU will never, ever get caught with his pants around his ankles. If there's even a whiff of KL wanting to test the waters, he's gone by the Feb. trade deadline.
      You got to love Raptor fans. They are all love for their GMs. BC enjoyed a similar support for 7 years, lets just hope MU does not disappoint.

Comment

What if there's no whiff and he tests the waters when the season is over? Then all this anti-tanq business will be all for naught.

You know what the sad thing is about all this? This is Kyle Lowry. Not T-Mac, not Chris Bosh but Kyle Lowry.. a player that at the beginning of the season many of us weren't sure was even a starting caliber guard.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          1. I would call those guys the rare case. How many more were not nba ready? the ratio is lopsided.
          Point I was making is that PG is the most likely position to come in NBA ready than any of the other ones. You've made me do some research... but here you go: Mark Price, John Stockton, Steve Nash. All these were not picked top 5 in their respective draft and they weren't impact players right away, but we all know where they've ended up.

2. Bledsoe is an upgrade, but there is no reasoning I can think of as to why Phoenix wouldn't match any offer for him. And therefore I deemed him unattainable.

3. We can offer him picks our 2014 and New Yorks first rounder, as well as expiring contracts or some combination.

Screw that.

4. It's not as far fetched as you may think. Both Rose and Westbrook are coming of bact to back injuries. These guys are not going to be 100% when they come back. Chicago's window to win a championship with Rose has closed until they reload, so blowing it completely up makes sens. OKC have a good team even without Westbrook, so if they can bring in the necessary peices by trading him to make a run this year then it's a possibility.
          First, I don't think these two will be available for trades, but even if they were... how many fans here would like to sacrifice the future (read: give multiple picks) for injury prone past-superstars that their original teams have given up on... C'mon.

your entire post is BS

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
            You got to love Raptor fans. They are all love for their GMs. BC enjoyed a similar support for 7 years, lets just hope MU does not disappoint.
            I think my comment is simply a common sense comment rather than pure, unadulterated love for him. ANY GM would make the move I suggested.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I think they need a veteran stop gap PG. GV I think plays better as a starter anyway so you give him his QO and let him play for one season to see what you got. You then use the year to look for a trade to upgrade the PG spot unless you can find a kid in the draft that can become that guy.

Rondo is mentioned a lot but you need to give up a tangible asset like DD, Ross, JV or multiple picks to get him.. and I'm not his biggest fan. There is something about his demeanor that rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

Call me crazy here but what if Lowry was say, flipped to Minnesota for Rubio and parts in an attempt to keep Love, is that such a crazy idea?

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                  You've taken this right out of context. Read the whole post again, I've never advocated that we could pick a high caliber PG in this draft.
                  disagree. you've actually removed context from your argument to make it sound more reasonable. your point about good PG's going strong right out of the gate was backed up with a list of point guards that were all lottery picks. these are the exceptions, not the rule.

Comment

Trade Amir.

If Lowry leaves, we're suddenly a lot worse and a lot younger. I love Amir, but he no longer fits into the picture if we're not trying to win now, and we're delusional if we think we can win without Lowry.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      disagree. you've actually removed context from your argument to make it sound more reasonable. your point about good PG's going strong right out of the gate was backed up with a list of point guards that were all lottery picks. these are the exceptions, not the rule.
                      see my previous comment to Mediumcore, above.

Comment

Really high on Ennis but I think he's playing himself into a top 10 pick.

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                          First, I don't think these two will be available for trades, but even if they were... how many fans here would like to sacrifice the future (read: give multiple picks) for injury prone past-superstars that their original teams have given up on... C'mon.

your entire post is BS
                          You'd be surprised how winning changes fans' perspective on things. Maybe you weren't around just a month ago when most everyone was calling for the team to ****. Anyway, just putting some ideas out there.

Comment

You sign Vince Carter to play the point, clearly

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              Really high on Ennis but I think he's playing himself into a top 10 pick.
                              I don't. Ennis is great, but there's a bunch of very popular combo guards and oversized point guards that people are high on this year, and it's also a year where point guards aren't in high demand, especially when there are so many good larger wings and bigs. I think Ennis tops out at 15-20ish and is quite gettable.

Comment

He cost a first round draft pick so a sign or sign and trade is needed

Explore a trade for a point guard.

Let's NOT forget that Kyle cost the team a first round draft pick soooooo I want at least a first rounder back in trade for his contract which the Raps should negotiate right now.

For example,

Sign him for $10 M/yr. for three years and use him or trade him. Don't worry about the money - it didn't stop Sacramento trading for Rudy Gay who was obviously over paid in a sign and trade years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X