No announcement yet.

Should Casey get extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Karl is interested, although I heard that the Raps weren't considering anyone other than Casey this year, and potentially onwards. I don't remember where I read that.

Anyways, if he is, I would for sure strongly consider him as a replacement. Otherwise, I'd say just resign Casey.

Comment

I wonder what it would take to poach Thibs. That would be an example of management shooting high!

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
        I wonder what it would take to poach Thibs. That would be an example of management shooting high!
        Thibs ain't leaving unless Noah does too.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Thibs may not be the type of coach to jump ship when things go bad, but his run ins with management are well known and he has to be getting tired of having to do more with less each year. He could go to The Knicks or Lakers where ownership isn't so stingy and mould the roster to his liking.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Thibs may not be the type of coach to jump ship when things go bad, but his run ins with management are well known and he has to be getting tired of having to do more with less each year. He could go to The Knicks or Lakers where ownership isn't so stingy and mould the roster to his liking.
            Yeah, he ain't going to the Knicks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-and-reaction

EDIT: I should probably read more. Say less.
            Last edited by Mindlessness; Sat Mar 15, 2014, 11:33 AM. Reason: Oops. I'm an idiot.

Comment

27 voted yes. 28 no? wow. What would it take for Casey to get some respect around here? his team is 10 games above .500. He has completely transformed this team from one of the soft and worst defensive teams in the league, to a tough, physical, hard nosed defensive team.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately, a string of wins and people forget all about his shortcomings. I think we're still going to end up a few games over .500, assuming Lowry isn't traded. Is that good enough? Are we trying to be a "good enough" team? I think his record this year is going to be like everything else about the team--a mirage, due to smarter teams tanking and the competition being worse than usual.
                Pretty sure that people know his short comings. For me, I think they should keep him, unless a significantly better coach is available. If Karl, or SVG is interested you make that move. Otherwise, you keep him. The players still listen to him. He has a solid philosophy, and he has improved as the year goes on. There's no sense replacing him, and forcing the players to get adjusted to another coach who is equivalent or only slightly better.

Look at all the teams struggling with new coaches this year.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  27 voted yes. 28 no? wow. What would it take for Casey to get some respect around here? his team is 10 games above .500. He has completely transformed this team from one of the soft and worst defensive teams in the league, to a tough, physical, hard nosed defensive team.
                  Masai Ujiri said at the beginning of the season that Casey will not be judged on wins but based on growth and some other things I can't remember loool Yeah he has changed the raptors to a defensive minded team and yes he has coached us so far to 10 games above .500
                  I personally want to see how he does in playoffs before making a choice
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No one questions his ability to coach the defense. It's pretty much every other aspect of the game that he stinks at that makes me personally want a new coach. Need a more balanced head coach who preaches defense, but is able to coach offense as well

Also I give nearly all the credit for the teams success to Lowry, whom has finally been un-nudered by Casey after the trade. Sometimes coaches take too much of the blame, and too much of the credit.

Comment

do we attribute this team's turnaround to the coach who went 23-43 in his first year, 34-48 in his second year, and a 6-12 record prior to the gay trade

... or to the GM who revamped the team, and to the players he brought on, who play and fit well together and have went on a 30-15 run since?

Comment

It appears an extension could be in the works:

13. Toronto Raptors (48-34; last week's ranking: 12): Coach Dwane Casey's agent met with Toronto GM Masai Ujiri last week. Casey is expected back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-pow...202752392.html

Marc Spears is usually pretty reliable - one of the better for sure.

Comment

I wonder if that means Ujiri isn't going to let the playoffs influence whether he keeps Casey or not.

Comment

I see this playoffs as what Casey was brought in for. He was sold to us a as coach who can win in the playoffs. Everyone is writing us off in the first round. This is where his often quoted "I know what it takes to win in this league" comes into effect. I think it is unfair to show the improvement from his previous two seasons and then say this years' was all Ujiri. I think since the trade the coach has, for the first time, had a less flawed roster. If we win this series or take it to seven I think Casey has done a good job and the learning cycle and program growth is going well.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              It appears an extension could be in the works:

Marc Spears is usually pretty reliable - one of the better for sure.
                              Thank GOD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if that means Ujiri isn't going to let the playoffs influence whether he keeps Casey or not.
                                I hope he does. Regular season is so different from playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X