Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pau Gasol

I know I should have put this thread in the Trade Ideas section or in the Position of need thread, but I really wanted to have a lot of different opinions about this one so I thought I would do a new thread for it.

If we can get Pau Gasol while keeping Kyle Lowry, Terrence Ross, DeMar DeRozan, Amir Johnson, Jonas Valanciunas, Patrick Patterson and our 2014 first round pick... We have to do it.

We need a legit power forward, and by legit I mean more legit than Amir. While Pau is 33, he's still a near all star caliber player. He can do it all and he would help soooo much for the development of JV, Patterson and Amir.

His contract ends up at the end of the season, giving us so much more opportunity for this summer.

I really want to know what you guys think about it. Raptors are ballin hard right now and like DeMar said, we are not a joke.

The question is, what do we give up to obtain Gasol? Personally, I don't think he's worth future picks.

Comment

It's hard to believe we could net him without giving up one of the assets you listed.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        I know I should have put this thread in the Trade Ideas section or in the Position of need thread, but I really wanted to have a lot of different opinions about this one so I thought I would do a new thread for it.

If we can get Pau Gasol while keeping Kyle Lowry, Terrence Ross, DeMar DeRozan, Amir Johnson, Jonas Valanciunas, Patrick Patterson and our 2014 first round pick... We have to do it.

We need a legit power forward, and by legit I mean more legit than Amir. While Pau is 33, he's still a near all star caliber player. He can do it all and he would help soooo much for the development of JV, Patterson and Amir.

His contract ends up at the end of the season, giving us so much more opportunity for this summer.

I really want to know what you guys think about it. Raptors are ballin hard right now and like DeMar said, we are not a joke.
        I'm sure most teams would want Pau Gasol for free too.

Comment

I love Pau, but like the others said, we'd have to give up some crucial assets to rent Pau for the rest of the season. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe if we clear cap space we could sign him in the offseason. I'm sure he has at least 3 good years left. Pau will probably be a hot commodity though after the biggest names get signed (for instance, I could see Atlanta targeting Pau).

Comment

Ok we can assume we won't get him without giving away some of the assets I listed. Now if we could get him (and his ending contract) while trading some of the assets I listed... would you guys pull the thrigger?

Comment

fuck no.

Comment

Pau Gasol reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal. Gasol is no longer the all-star caliber PF that you think he is. He's a vet but won't give you 80 games. Lakers are looking for assets which means picks/prospects. They won't take bad contracts for it since they can use free agency to their advantage.

So looking at the Raptors roster your prospects are JV, Ross, Patterson. They have draft picks. Gasol also makes $19M so salaries have to add up.. that could mean trading Amir or DD and then its a really bad trade.

Gasol is also an expiring contract that can leave after the season. So you could give the Lakers a prospect and a pick just for the Raptors to go from 4th seed to secure 3rd seed, and still get eliminated in the 2nd round. I don't see the benefit. Bad move for the long term, and doesn't really do too much in the short term.

Comment

Sorry, Pau is not the Pau of a few years ago (who is). If anything we need more grit from a big and that is Pau's problem in LA now. He is a big ticket...what are your plans beyond just getting him...or is it the treadmill in cap hell? Pau is now a complimentary player...maybe Memphis with his bro.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think we can close this thread...

Comment

The Lakers are asking for a lot for him, highly doubt he even gets traded at all. But I would love to have him here, his versatility and skillset is second to none and would benefit with having a guy like Jonas beside him.

Comment

oh man, the last thing we need is to trade a promising PG and a draft pick to get an aging ex-allstar big man.

That draft pick turned out to be Roy Hibbert btw.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If we take back Nash I think the lakers will do it but I don't think he'll fit
                          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

As soon as you guys start winning, you want to do Bryan Colangelo moves like this.
                            Why would you want to trade away assets for a possibly temporary rental of an injury prone, aging big man?
                            this screams Jermaine O Neal and I guarantee that Masai Ujiri would never make a move like this.
                            Rather, I see him pushing for Kevin Love in the near future or a diamond in the rough like Greg Monroe (who the Raptors can score for cheap considering Detroit's situation)

Comment

No.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X