Pau Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2kfeen wrote: View Post
    As soon as you guys start winning, you want to do Bryan Colangelo moves like this.
    Why would you want to trade away assets for a possibly temporary rental of an injury prone, aging big man?
    this screams Jermaine O Neal and I guarantee that Masai Ujiri would never make a move like this.
    Rather, I see him pushing for Kevin Love in the near future or a diamond in the rough like Greg Monroe (who the Raptors can score for cheap considering Detroit's situation)
    My first thought was to try to trade for him without giving up assets. And I don't see anything of Jermaine O'Neal in Pau Gasol quite frankly.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      My first thought was to try to trade for him without giving up assets. And I don't see anything of Jermaine O'Neal in Pau Gasol quite frankly.
      There's no way you can get Gasol without giving up assets simply because he's a FA at the end of the year. If he had 3 years left, then we could probably get away with offering the Lakers a poopoo platter, but not at this stage, no.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

As soon as you guys start winning, you want to do Bryan Colangelo moves like this.
        Why would you want to trade away assets for a possibly temporary rental of an injury prone, aging big man?
        this screams Jermaine O Neal and I guarantee that Masai Ujiri would never make a move like this.
        Rather, I see him pushing for Kevin Love in the near future or a diamond in the rough like Greg Monroe (who the Raptors can score for cheap considering Detroit's situation)
        I can't see Monroe going for cheap, sorry. They can go over their cap to sign him if I'm not mistaken. Bird rights.

Comment

He'll likely sign with Memphis in the off-season and finish his career playing alongside his brother. I still think Z-Bo to LA for him may still happen.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I can't see Monroe going for cheap, sorry. They can go over their cap to sign him if I'm not mistaken. Bird rights.

Monroe wants the max contract, and a team is going to offer it to him. Probably the Lakers, who got a void @ C, and cap space this summer.

Sure, Detroit can sign Drummond and Monroe to max deals. That would have them capped out for a talented core of Josh Smith, Monroe, Drummond that simply doesn't work out together.

I see Monroe walking at the highest offer (he's already going to test the market) or being traded at the deadline. I can see a first rounder and either Patrick Patterson/Amir Johnson going to the Pistons.

Comment

Monroe wants the max contract, and a team is going to offer it to him. Probably the Lakers, who got a void @ C, and cap space this summer.

Sure, Detroit can sign Drummond and Monroe to max deals. That would have them capped out for a talented core of Josh Smith, Monroe, Drummond that simply doesn't work out together.

I see Monroe walking at the highest offer (he's already going to test the market) or being traded at the deadline. I can see a first rounder and either Patrick Patterson/Amir Johnson going to the Pistons.
              I can't. Too many variables in play here. If Monroe wants a max contract, why would the Raptors be the one that gives it to him? For a guy that has a ton of flaws in his game? Too must wasted cap space and it's poor cap management. Anything north of 11-12 million per for Monroe is not worth it, at least for this franchise, it's not worth it. If the Raptors are going to splash serious cash on someone, it should be for a player that can carry a team. Monroe's not one of those guys. I would rather hang onto Johnson and Patterson.

Comment

Gasol will not come to Toronto. He wants to play with his brother in Memphis.

Comment

Man how many more times is someone going to suggest trading for Gasol?
                  That's something BC would do.
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    Man how many more times is someone going to suggest trading for Gasol?
                    That's something BC would do.
                    Pau would immediately screw up the chemistry of the Raps, unless he's ready to buy into this team dynamic.

Lowry is top dog, he's the Wendel Clark of this team. Any player who comes to this team will have to live with that.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      I really hope this happens. Pau has had to deal with Bynum and Howard's personalities, I think he's earned the right to play with his brother.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                        I can see this playing out as well.. I wonder what will happen with Z-Bo. Would the Lakers take him in a trade I wonder? After losing Howard for nothing, I really doubt the Lakers would lose Gasol for nothing either. That's just terrible management if that's what ends up happening.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I can see this playing out as well.. I wonder what will happen with Z-Bo. Would the Lakers take him in a trade I wonder? After losing Howard for nothing, I really doubt the Lakers would lose Gasol for nothing either. That's just terrible management if that's what ends up happening.
                          Unless some team out there is going to give a first round pick (s) or a star for Gasol, the Lakers would as just rather see him leave for nothing. They don't want any added salary because they would want as much cap space as possible to go after a star in FA this summer. From their vantagepoint, it's not terrible managment at all.

Comment

Unless some team out there is going to give a first round pick (s) or a star for Gasol, the Lakers would as just rather see him leave for nothing. They don't want any added salary because they would want as much cap space as possible to go after a star in FA this summer. From their vantagepoint, it's not terrible managment at all.
                            The Lakers are an interesting team... I think the loss of Dr. Buss really hurt them. The extension to Kobe was really puzzling especially at his dollar figure.. heck the guy was still injured when they gave him that extension. So they've lost a lot of their flexibility with that move. In the past a star player would sign with LA as it would be a no brainer typically but with Howard left in free agency.. that never happens. Maybe that's a sign that other free agents would question whether LA is the right choice for them too?

I don't know what LA is going to do but I would think that if Gasol leaves in free agency and they don't get anything in return they might struggle to get a top tier talent via free agency. Who would want to play with a broken down Kobe and a 40+ year old point guard? There is not really much in that team to get them from lottery to champions. And most top free agents would want to win (at least that's what I would expect out of them).

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo quick fixes!!! Any moves, if any, are going to be future looking, not toward some "win now" fantasies with rapidly aging stars

Comment

I can't. Too many variables in play here. If Monroe wants a max contract, why would the Raptors be the one that gives it to him? For a guy that has a ton of flaws in his game? Too must wasted cap space and it's poor cap management. Anything north of 11-12 million per for Monroe is not worth it, at least for this franchise, it's not worth it. If the Raptors are going to splash serious cash on someone, it should be for a player that can carry a team. Monroe's not one of those guys. I would rather hang onto Johnson and Patterson.

What other max contract guys, other than K-Love and Monroe, are attainable?
                                You got to understand that in our current situation, it is very hard to get a superstar piece.

Drafting a superstar would require high lottery picks.
                                Again, we are not a free agent hub like LA, NY so not too many players would wish to commute to another country, where their family, friends etc dont live.

Greg Monroe is one of the premier post player, can pass out of the post, has a mid-range shot and can get steals. His defense is questionable, but he would pair up nicely beside Big V. Plus, it won't take too much to get him, considering how much big men are valued in this league. And he is still young too

The reality is, we can't expect to get a Kevin Love, Durant, Lebron game changer. We have to settle for guys like Monroe.

Comment

Working...
                                X