No announcement yet.

Game #38: Los Angeles Lakers 112 - Toronto Raptors 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every loss is on DeMar it seems jesus H Christ.

Also There was nobody to to come in for Ross/DeMar Salmons is important so is Hansborough, shocked we lost to LA regardless.

Comment

• The fact Salmons is so important is a big reason for concern too
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Lots of the ugly version of the Raptors in the second half; ball movement becoming stagnant and DD setting for a lot of long twos, Amir with a bunch of plays that make you scream at the TV, JV being a liability on the court and Ross looking lost out there at times. For a team that has won with ball movement and defence in recent weeks - they gave up 112 to a bad team and self destructed down the stretch.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          The fact Salmons is so important is a big reason for concern too
          Well, we are missing both Salmons AND Hansbrough... our bench is a bit thin right now. Only 1 of our wings off the bench can shoot, but Novak can't do anything else. Fields and Stone (I'll count Stone as a wing player because he can play the 2 or 3) can't shoot at all. Our backup big for the C position without Tyler is Chuck Hayes who gives up nearly half a foot to most centers.
          Now that still doesn't explain why we played so poorly and without much effort on D, but having a thin(ner) bench doesn't help the issue.
          OG is our king

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Everybody played like shit. What I mean here is that basically Chuck Hayes seems like the only dude who showed up ready to play 4 quarters of basketball. Not going to win a damn thing when that's the case.

2nd trap game the Raptors have fallen into this week. Pitiful performance.
            Does not bode well going forward.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me what happened to JV in the fourth quarter?

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                Well, we are missing both Salmons AND Hansbrough... our bench is a bit thin right now. Only 1 of our wings off the bench can shoot, but Novak can't do anything else. Fields and Stone (I'll count Stone as a wing player because he can play the 2 or 3) can't shoot at all. Our backup big for the C position without Tyler is Chuck Hayes who gives up nearly half a foot to most centers.
                Now that still doesn't explain why we played so poorly and without much effort on D, but having a thin(ner) bench doesn't help the issue.
                I meant in the sense we're counting on Salmons to be a factor but he sucks
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  The fact Salmons is so important is a big reason for concern too
                  How of course he is the bench has no wings in reserve..... Someone has to come off when either DeMar or Ross need to sit/foul trouble. Every team needs a bench wing.....

The team is missing Hansborough amir has been bad for quite a few games now, playing way too much stretch he isn't 2Pat he hasnt been going inside as much in recent games.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Can someone explain to me what happened to JV in the fourth quarter?
                    Gasol was abusing him and he was just generally playing very poorly, plus Hayes/Patterson were the best Raptors today (except for Lowry)

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

The team is missing Hansborough amir has been bad for quite a few games now, playing way too much stretch he isn't 2Pat he hasnt been going inside as much in recent games.
                      Amir does not go inside because he has a deadly range now and is one of our best shooters and most efficient scorers.

Comment

• Next week could be a real bummer - I agree with Ceez, the other teams have studied us and configured accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          Amir does not go inside because he has a deadly range now and is one of our best shooters and most efficient scorers.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Next week will determine if we are for real or whether Masai blows the team up - he's looking for an excuse to do it and they are starting to give him one

Comment

• Can't even get mad about this loss lol. Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl!!

One thing that bothers me about today's game was JV's play. The guy just contnues to whine and bitch to the officials whenever he gets called for a foul. And i'm glad that DC benched the guy because besides his constant whining, JV looked so bad defensively against Gasol. The guy just stands there like a stiff with his arms up. It's literally an easy 2 points whenever Gasol gets the ball in the post.

Offensively, JV needs a A LOT OF WORK. Footwork, positioning, low post moves. The running hook needs to go.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• He had a rough game for stretches but you need to remember he's a second year player playing against one of the most offensively talented bigs in the game, regardless of how old he is.

i'm more concerned with how crappy Amir's playing
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X