No announcement yet.

Jeff Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green has better length, but DeRozan has better athleticism and a better all around game. I'd take DeRozan, but not by much.

Comment

I'd like him on this team but in sure the asking price would be to high
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Rondo doesn't need any attachments bro. He's a legit all-star with plenty of juice left! Green is a bit tougher to move (though I don't get the whole he's got a shitty salary. I think he's salary is fair).
        Green wouldn't be that tough to move. Might not get as big a stockpile of assets, but that's why it's also impossible to move Green and Wallace together. No team wants that package. Adding Wallace to Green does not make that deal more attractive, it makes it far less.

But because Rondo is a legit all-star, you can essentially force a team to take back Wallace's crapshoot salary back. Every call Ainge will respond "you're interested in Rondo? Well are you willing to take Wallace off our hands? No? Goodbye." Eventually a team will say yes just to get Rondo. No team will say yes just to get Green.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          Poor Demar's taking a beating. But to answer your question, it's a wash.
          Neither guy is a first option on offense, but who is the better second option? I like that Green can stretch the floor.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Neither guy is a first option on offense, but who is the better second option? I like that Green can stretch the floor.
            DeMar's a better 2nd option. 2nd options still have to create a fair amount. That said, DeMar might still not be an ideal 2nd option. Maybe a 3rd option on a contending team. I mean if we had a legit top-tier SF or PG who could score, and also run an inside-outside game with Jonas (assuming he develops into a legit option), DeMar would be the 3rd option (even if he scores more total points than Jonas). Or even maybe a 6th man, who will be the 1st option off the bench, sometimes the focal point with the 2nd unit, or a 2nd/3rd option with other top starters on the floor.

Think Green is even more of a complementary piece who's never really required to create/generate offence for the team in an ideal situation. I could see him fitting very well on a team like the Clippers, or a healthy Nets team (starting lineup of Lopez-KG-Green-JJ-Deron). Whereas on either of those teams, DeMar might fit better off the bench, in Crawford's role for LAC or Pierce's role for BKL.

Comment

Yeah I have to agree that DeMar is the better scoring option, but he also has had the luxury of been given as many shots as he could handle. You never know how good of a scorer Green could be if he is the first option on a team. He shoots the three better and is a pretty good defender. Green, Ross and Lowry defending the perimeter is intriguing and the 3 point shooting would be solid. If you bring in a low post scoring threat through free agency or a trade involving Amir then that would create some pretty sick balance on offense

Comment

He would be the small forward going ahead that could cement us in the playoffs. He was playing amazing this year early on and then once teams started to key on him he lost steam. But on our young running team he would be good, he plays defense and can rise to the occasion on more than once in his past. The salary sucks, what if we could get him for no picks.

My suggestion would be Ross Fields, straight up no picks. Yes I know Terrance makes a lot of sense to keep. But we need a 6'8-6'9 sf who can guard the 3. Yes T Ross can do it right now, but come playoff time he will be someone's bitch all game long in the post. When the game slows down in the playoffs were in trouble without a Athletic SF, with the proper size and weight for the position.

If we cant get Green try ORL for T. Harris , chuck Vasquez in with the same trade, take back 2 guys to fill our needs, mainly a back up SG. I know everyone says no way for Harris but ORL might keep Arron, thus going after Parker Randle or Embiid. There loaded at SF with Harkless and Harris. And I believe for the right price anyone can be had if there young and unproven, or starting to rise.

Either way we need a SF that has size and some quicks to be able to hang in the playoffs, even though I love TRoss, he wont cut it in the playoffs at SF for us he's too small, and will be backed down all game long.

Comment

I thought I would resurrect this discussion with reports that Green is available again (no real surprise). I was pretty against this pick up earlier this year, but a few things have altered my view....though not necessarily enough to really think he would be a great pickup.

First, I was against it because of money....However, I care less about this now for a couple of reasons:
                  -It increasingly looks like Masai will push to keep this team together, meaning re-signing Lowry at anything that isn't an outrageous price
                  -It also looks like FA crops are pretty unspectacular until 2016, which would be when Green expires if he takes his player option
                  So money issues don't bug me about it anymore.

Second, I thought the cost in assets would be high, but I'm wondering if given Boston's stockpile of picks, they might care more about shedding money than adding assets. If the cost to get him is helping Boston save money, we have plenty of options. Salmons could save them a decent chunk as early as next season. We have a fair amount of expiring contracts for 2015. If all it would take is cap relief, and maybe some "meh" assets like a 2nd rounder or two, is that a good deal? I think it might be.

So thirdly, it comes down to whether or not Green really adds a lot for us on the court. I don't know about a lot, but he does bring size, decent athleticism, and a fairly good all-around skill set. Could he fit in as a secondary option behind DD, Lowry, and a hopefully improving JV? He's not cut out to play a top 2-3 role on a good team, but can his game translate to a more diminished role? Can he play good enough D at the SF spot for us (this would be the critical part for me)? Can he play well enough off the ball?

I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea, but given that my view has changed on what his contract means, and that I feel like he may not cost as much in terms of assets, I think it's become a more interesting option.

The final question in my mind is will Green give us more than trying to get a cheaper SF free agent with size in the offseason? My top targets here are probably Aminu, Ariza and CJ Miles, with Battier being an option, but given his age and what he might be looking for in terms of situation, not sure it'd be worth it. I feel like overall, Green gives more, but in terms of fit, not sure he's really better. We've clearly seen that this team really needs a player with size they can rely on consistently.

Thoughts?

Comment

Green, Francisco Garcia are all viable short term SF options. Probably sticking with Ross and using Landry Fields is the best route until a. Long term SF solution is found. Better not to make a move then regretting it late.r

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

If he's available for Salmons, then sure, why not. I think he's a good fit.

I don't like this focus on 2016 free agency. But at a glance it seems like it might be possible to add Green and still target max players in 2015, so that's fine.

Comment

I'd rather have Thaddeus Young.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          If he's available for Salmons, then sure, why not. I think he's a good fit.

I don't like this focus on 2016 free agency. But at a glance it seems like it might be possible to add Green and still target max players in 2015, so that's fine.
                          Well, I mostly like that things line up so nothing significant is owed past 2016. It's not necessarily just to target guys then. But it is nice that the FA crop is shaping up to look pretty good that offseason, especially in terms of UFAs, since it's pretty hard to pry RFAs away.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'd rather have Thaddeus Young.
                            I like that Green has played more SF and has a better shot. Young doesn't really fit that well at all without shaking things up at PF.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I like that Green has played more SF and has a better shot. Young doesn't really fit that well at all without shaking things up at PF.
                              I think Young is a versatile player and could play SF even though he played more PF at Philly. Just like him more.. no health concerns, good team player and offensively has more to offer than Green does (in my opinion).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I think Young is a versatile player and could play SF even though he played more PF at Philly. Just like him more.. no health concerns, good team player and offensively has more to offer than Green does (in my opinion).
                                Offensively he doesn't have that much more to offer. And he needs the ball in his hands more than Green does I think. Green is a good team player and versatile as well. I think at least offensively he's a better fit because he fits better off the ball. Defensively is certainly debatable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X