No announcement yet.

the end of the Heat era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to proclaim that their dynasty is over. They are a lock for the conference finals and it would be silly to assume that the Pacers are the hands down favourite to win the series. Pretty much the same thing for whoever they face out of the West.

That said, I don't think that the Heat are a better team on paper than they are last year. All of their players are 1 year older and for a lot of their impact players (Wade, Allen, Battier) that's not a good thing. The advantages they got from their defense being new are no longer there. Teams have figured out how to play against. Not that it isn't still very good, just that teams have had more tape to watch and have more ideas on how to attack it. It's long odds for anyone one team to win it all, although someone has to.

Personally, I do think that Indy has better all around talent and more depth. They also have a range of players who can do a passable job of guarding Lebron in single converage (stephenson, george, granger, west). I don't think Lebron can beat Indy by himself (although he can beat every other eastern conference team). I think Maimi is going to need a number of huge games from their role players, and I'm not convinced that they'll get them. From what I've watched over the last 3 year's of playoff games I don't think the Heat make it to the finals. I'd be happy with either the Spurs,Thunder, Warriors or Blazers to advance out of the West. The second round in the West will be crazy this year.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Seriously? Ugh ... what the hell is it?! And what is "bad ass" about it??
      There is a stoic quality about it. He just nailed a ridiculous game winner, fading from 27 feet with a hand in his face. Think about how difficult that shot is.

Rather than turning to his bench running and screaming out of joy, he simply walks back with a mean look on his face. The celebration is him silencing the crowd. It is intimidating, and pretty memorable.

Comment

Seriously? Ugh ... what the hell is it?! And what is "bad ass" about it??
        He is breaking imaginary boards with his knees. I thought it was obvious that was what he was doing.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
          There is a stoic quality about it. He just nailed a ridiculous game winner, fading from 27 feet with a hand in his face. Think about how difficult that shot is.
          Completely agree. Was a great shot. Not trying to take that away from him.

Red and White wrote: View Post
          Rather than turning to his bench running and screaming out of joy, he simply walks back with a mean look on his face. The celebration is him silencing the crowd. It is intimidating, and pretty memorable.
          Because god forbid it look like he is having fun out there ... Lol
          It looks more like a weird Mating Bird Dance more than anything.

I guess it could be like him breaking guys backs? Like Lex Luger used to do in WCW?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            He is breaking imaginary boards with his knees. I thought it was obvious that was what he was doing.
            I took it more as back breaking. His next act may include a dagger. That should be fun.

Comment

I guess it could be like him breaking guys backs? Like Lex Luger used to do in WCW?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd rather LeBron go all Hogan.

Or even more impressive..

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  I'd rather LeBron go all Hogan.

Or even more impressive..

HAHAHAH If he did the Hogan pose, that would be the best ever and I would love Lebron forever.

Comment

Hehe yep, the first memory in my mind after seeing it was that 6 arms Goro warrior from Mortal Kombat breaking someone's back.

Comment

Because god forbid it look like he is having fun out there ... Lol
                      It looks more like a weird Mating Bird Dance more than anything.

Ahaha I don't know. He is in a position where whatever he does, people are going to trash him. You say "God forbid it looks like he is having fun out there," but Lebron was consistently criticized in Cleveland for being too immature and playful (like with the dancing and the pre-game rituals) - essentially, for having too much fun. And now he is taking the game more seriously than anyone else, and that's wrong too. I liked the celebration, but that is just a matter of opinion and that's fine.

My only point is, criticize the guy for legitimate reasons: he flops, he complains about calls, he says dumb things in the media. I'm not accusing you of hating just to hate, but I feel he gets unfairly chopped up sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X