Demar Derozan - most disrespected player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Why trade someone who plays good???? This is why we're looked at as a JOKE!! Y'all want tank mode for UNPROVEN players and want to trade guys that are good on our team. Ease off the NBA2K14, for a bit, bro. Smdh. #AssBackwards
    We simply differ in the definition of someone who plays good. He certainly plays good sometimes.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      What I argue is that it isn't a crap shoot. In fact, my argument stats that GOOD TALENT is found at HIGH PICKS. No crap shoot.

Actually from the years I went through the max number of all-stars after 10 was 2....and they were closer to ten than thirty. It still requires a high pick in the draft. Period.
      So my point kinda got derailed. I'm specifically talking about the fact that there are all-star caliber players available after 10.

I think that a very good, professional scouting team should be able to pick those players out from the rest of the class, or at least narrow the options down. So I would say the 3/80 stat isn't a set of identical, independent events, but rather a heterogeneous set of picks.

In other words, some picks are good, and some picks are bad, and regardless how they turn out, those good picks will have a different chance of turning into all stars than the bad ones.

Your point is taken that good players are found at the top of the draft, I understand this and it should be self explanatory. I also think that those 'numbers' are not really representative of the true odds of getting an all star player after the 10th pick.

I was more bringing up a technical nit-pick. Your point is valid and taken, I just wanted to comment on the use of those types of stats, which I've seen used on the front page as well.
      Last edited by stooley; Mon Jan 27, 2014, 10:57 AM.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X