No announcement yet.

Game #43: Los Angeles Clippers 126 - Toronto Raptors 118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar gets no love absolutely no love. Lets see how Ross does as the key wing guy in these upcoming games. I find it funny how people seem to think DeMar does nothing for the team.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      DeMar gets no love absolutely no love. Lets see how Ross does as the key wing guy in these upcoming games. I find it funny how people seem to think DeMar does nothing for the team.
      Funny, I think there are people that automatically react when they think someone goes over the top, in almost any realm. when some Raptors fan gets all gaga about DD, there are RR citizens who think it is their duty to try and draw them back to what they believe is reality. then particular fans of DD feel there has been an attack on him and flood in to defend his honour, and the "realists" feel duty bound to point out the reasons why DD shouldn't be assumed to walk on water, and it spirals out of control.

It seems like everyone can agree DD works hard at his game, has improved every year since day one, cares about the team and his craft, likes and respects Toronto and the Raptors and their fans and is a good guy in the locker room. Also everyone agrees he isn't yet Wadesque in his capabilities, at least yet, is approaching or maybe is all-star quality, and can have a great game.

I think everyone also recognizes that he can be inefficient in his shooting, needs a better 3pt shot and is at his best when he mixes up his game by attacking the rim, getting to the line and is hitting the mid-range shots in the flow of the game. He needs to work on his defense, but has improved, and is willing to share the ball, but sometimes gets zoned in on the need for the team to score and takes too much on his own shoulders at times.

When you look at the number of shots he makes, he is in the upper echelon, but when you look at his makes, he is a rank or two down, and that can be problematical. His rebounding at assist rates are up.

Personally I think he will continue to improve in the areas where he needs improvement. Some others think not so much, and would advocate trading him now for value, while the perception around the league is that he could get even better.

I was willing to see the Raps trade Ross last year for a rusty nail. He has shown me to be completely wrong, in the way his game has come together. The fact that DD hasn't been traded makes me think that MU sees a valuable (and improving) asset in DeMar DeRozan. I am not going to pretend that I have better insight into DD's potential than MU.

Therefore I am content to see how things go. And to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
        omg are you saying you're happy derozan is injured? I would never say that in a post out of fear of being called a dick again, but that's exactly how I feel.
        Yeah, because saying you're happy that one of our guys is injured is the epitome of class. Pathetic.

Comment

• Rather disappointing to see people happy DeMar is injured. As much as I love TRoss, it really isn't going to benefit him that much short or long term to play a couple of games without DeMar, and it certainly won't help the raptors who need all the help they can get right now. Ross doesn't need to be rushed into being a do everything player, although I was quite impressed with his handles last night, he had the ball a lot and wasn't shaky at all. He and DeRozan complement each other quite well offensively to be honest, I'm just happy he's finally getting the chance to play consistent minutes.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Yeah, because saying you're happy that one of our guys is injured is the epitome of class. Pathetic.
            Agreed. I don't think he's a Raptors fan. Just my opinion.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Agreed. I don't think he's a Raptors fan. Just my opinion.
              I am a fan, I just have higher expectations than you. Do I think this is a core that will lead us to a championship? no. Do I think keeping this core, and patiently waiting for a trade/free agent signing will lead us to a championship? no. So unless anything is done to fix the situation I am going to express my discontent as a fan.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                I was half joking. Of course injury to Derozan isn't beneficial to my desire of seeing him traded. But since that doesn't appear likely to happen, I am happy that ross will get a chance to be a bigger part of the offense while derozan sits, just like kazantheman. Not sure I appreciate the personal attack.

Comment

• As a lot of people are mentioning it, I can see how my first post came across as condescending, that wasn't my intention I will try to keep the snark to a minimum, I'm not p00ka lol. Since my last ban ended I come here to talk basketball, that's it.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                    As a lot of people are mentioning it, I can see how my first post came across as condescending, that wasn't my intention I will try to keep the snark to a minimum, I'm not p00ka lol. Since my last ban ended I come here to talk basketball, that's it.
                    It is soooo easy to slip into sarcasm mode, and poke at other posters, as I well know, having gone there many times myself. since the brouhaha with Matt, and the posting of "rules of engagement" I have made an effort to slip over to the civil side.

This forum has way too much to offer to allow myself to detract from it's value. Better to ignore or block the posts that incite me to uncivil responses.

My apologies, akashsingh, for being somewhat smary in my response to an earlier post of yours. Glad to see your reaction was measured.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      It is soooo easy to slip into sarcasm mode, and poke at other posters, as I well know, having gone there many times myself. since the brouhaha with Matt, and the posting of "rules of engagement" I have made an effort to slip over to the civil side.

This forum has way too much to offer to allow myself to detract from it's value. Better to ignore or block the posts that incite me to uncivil responses.

My apologies, akashsingh, for being somewhat smary in my response to an earlier post of yours. Glad to see your reaction was measured.
                      Off topic but the word "brouhaha" is one of the most funniest terms ahhahahahahh
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Therefore I am content to see how things go. And to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?
                        I agree with this sentiment, but don't understand its use here. This is a forum. I've got a great deal of faith in Ujiri, but I still like to voice my opinions on the direction I'd like to see the team go, my evaluations of players, and my thoughts on the team and franchise in general.

And as a side note, wouldn't the logic you apply here be just as easily applied to Rudy Gay on December the 1st? MU must have seen a valuable and improving asset in Rudy Gay in November, since he hadn't been traded yet.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Well I come into an old game day thread expecting to see a little bit of drama and what do i get but thoughtful, mature conversation. Shame on you, shame on you i say.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I agree with this sentiment, but don't understand its use here. This is a forum. I've got a great deal of faith in Ujiri, but I still like to voice my opinions on the direction I'd like to see the team go, my evaluations of players, and my thoughts on the team and franchise in general...
                            Agree 100%. But note in the section of my comment you quoted. "...to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?" there should be a big emphasis on the NO.

Some posters only seem to see DeRozan as a detriment, giving no credit for how he attracts attention form the other team, how he can have good nights, how he has improved etc. As for value in Rudy Gay, it seems like he had quite a bit of value in that he returned a nice package and assisted in the Raps in gaining some financial flexibility and cap relief.

On any given night any player can be shit. On the flip side there can be value in any player, it seems, if you have Masai's propensity for looking more than one move ahead.

Comment

Agree 100%. But note in the section of my comment you quoted. "...to all RR members that see no value in DD...are you smarter than Masai Ujiri?" there should be a big emphasis on the NO.

Some posters only seem to see DeRozan as a detriment, giving no credit for how he attracts attention form the other team, how he can have good nights, how he has improved etc. As for value in Rudy Gay, it seems like he had quite a bit of value in that he returned a nice package and assisted in the Raps in gaining some financial flexibility and cap relief.

On any given night any player can be shit. On the flip side there can be value in any player, it seems, if you have Masai's propensity for looking more than one move ahead.
                              As a poster usually on the DD "hater" side.

No, he isn't a detriment. Definitely not. I don't think he is a benefit either though.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                As a poster usually on the DD "hater" side.

No, he isn't a detriment. Definitely not. I don't think he is a benefit either though.
                                Room for all sides. The conversation just moves along smoother without resorting to extreme views. And I agree with you, he's not a detriment. If he was I suspect Masai would have dealt him by now. As to how beneficial he is, it always seems to come down to his efficiency and his defense, though I think I have seen some improvement in his D.

Comment

Working...
                                X