No announcement yet.

Leiweke the "Headhunter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Leiweke is actually a Sith High Lord. LeBron partook in this courting ceremony because he, and all professional athletes, are terrified of TL's dark side powers:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      Getting LBJ to sign with the raptors is a HUGE and I mean HUGE step from getting him to say hi to someone's mom.

And for most americans, canadian stardom is significantly less prestigious than manhattan stardom or LA stardom or pretty much any urban center in the US.
      I'm not comparing saying hi to someone's Mom as signing to Toronto. I'm just trying to say if he can call in a small/miniscule favor like that then they must be at least on a casual/friendly basis. He must be speaking with him. I mean, I don't think it means jack, but it's interesting. Everyone thought LBJ would sign with the Nets when he was parading around with Jay Z around the time of his last free agency and he didn't.

Aside from stardom, I think legacy is more important to Lebron...aside from winning. And he could get both here.

Again, I don't think it's gonna happen. But it suddenly doesn't seem too far fetched when you lay it out like the previous poster did.

Comment

DaBlenda wrote: View Post
        Can we trade Drake for LeBron?
        No.

From what I understand they are a package deal.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          Think about how smooth this guy is.... Then think about how rob Babcock was our GM
          The problem imo opinion wasnt (entirely) Babcock...rather it was Peddie who became the face of mlse, hired Babcock and then probably forced him to execute the panic trade of VC. Peddie loved being around pro jockstraps, meddled and screwed up both the Leafs & Raps.

Comment

Very, very, VERY interesting read!

But call me skeptical when it comes to the Raptors. Didn't Colangelo pull out all the stops with his pitch to Nash?

I have no doubt that Lieweke will go over the top with his pitch to [insert NBA star]. But whether that star can be convinced of the Raptors, remains to be seen.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              The problem imo opinion wasnt (entirely) Babcock...rather it was Peddie who became the face of mlse, hired Babcock and then probably forced him to execute the panic trade of VC. Peddie loved being around pro jockstraps, meddled and screwed up both the Leafs & Raps.
              According to Grange's TV special, Peddie's first instinct was to nix the Carter trade (because of how terrible a deal it was), but chose to stay quiet because he had developed a reputation of being a meddling executive, and didn't want to play into that.

In hindsight, he wished he acted on his instinct.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Very, very, VERY interesting read!

But call me skeptical when it comes to the Raptors. Didn't Colangelo pull out all the stops with his pitch to Nash?

I have no doubt that Lieweke will go over the top with his pitch to [insert NBA star]. But whether that star can be convinced of the Raptors, remains to be seen.

I'll believe it when I see it.
                I think there's a difference between Lieweke's pulling out the stops (treating Dafoe's mom like a celebrity, showering her with gifts) and Colangelo's version of pulling out the stops (power point demonstration)
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I think there's a difference between Lieweke's pulling out the stops (treating Dafoe's mom like a celebrity, showering her with gifts) and Colangelo's version of pulling out the stops (power point demonstration)
                  LOL - Colangeo had a Wayne Gretzky video or phone call, right? TL had LeBron in person. Colangelo is a guy with heavy basketball connections too, but this is like triple A vs. the majors. There is no higher level than what TL evidently just put on display. You bet that counts for something - players want to go to well-managed situations.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Haha, touche.

But then again, the last time we showered someone's mom with gifts, was around the time this franchise started it's downward decent into the NBA's abyss.

I wonder who parks in Michelle's old spot now. Stripes?

Comment

Yogi wrote: View Post
                      It makes sense. It really does. TL has serious clout and pull and connections. If he has a relationship with LBJ close enough where he can ask for a favor like that then I'm certain he can get in his ear about the glory awaiting him in Toronto. Think about it, having an entire country rooting for you. Not to mention the Raps are on the rise, and he would elevate them to contender status. It is quite the pipe dream, but the combo of TL, MU, Drake and national stardom could very well make it a reality. I won't hold my breath for it though. One thing for sure, MU and TL are making some big moved by trade deadline and/or off season.
                      Sure seems like they plan to try!

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        Sure seems like they plan to try!
                        This. At the very least, TL is a guy who is going to make a serious pitch to anybody (ex. LeBron or Durant). He's not going to not try, just because "oh well, this is just Toronto."

Comment

The thing I admire about TL is that he dreams big and executes big. Just read up on what he did with AEG and LA Live. He's the ultimate salesman. I like his cocky attitude and his grand plans (see parade route for Leafs Stanley cup win). It's something that this organization needs if it's ever going to become legit. Star players after all are cocky and refuse to set limits on themselves, having an organization that positions itself in a similar manner can only lead to good results, or at least an epic crash, both of which are entertaining. I'm very optimistic about sports in toronto in general because I think we have the perfect combination of big money, big ideas and the right personnel to execute. TL is a machine.

This time last year I was writing emails to MLSE griping about my disgust in how they manage their teams and how the products the put out. Now I'm considering seasons tickets for the raps next year. Go figure. Now TL don't you fuck this up now.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Leiweke is up to big things, potentially acquiring the Argos? The man is trying to build a sports empire.....

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=442375
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              Leiweke is up to big things, potentially acquiring the Argos? The man is trying to build a sports empire.....

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=442375
                              LOL definitely the first time "Argos" and "empire" were used in the same comment.

Comment

webfeat wrote: View Post
                                Well, LeBron wanted a ring, so that's why he left the Cavs. He went and got 2, and he's well on his way to a 3rd.

When Jordan wanted a challenge, he went and played baseball. LeBron might be feeling a similar itch after winning his 3rd ring. What could be a greater challenge than bringing an NBA championship (or two, or three) to Canada?
                                So let me get this straight. You're telling me he wants a challenge but only when it doesn't have to do with the whole objective of the game?

Jordan didn't bail on the Bulls and team up with Ewing and Wilkins. No, he had to win it on his own team and punish those guys for ever even imagining they had an outside change at beating his team. Jordan tomahawked all challenges and got bored. Theres big difference between James and Jordan. Jordan never kicked sand in his fans' face, no that sand was reserved for punks on the other end of the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X