Tor-Ind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Ind

I was reading this thing on fox sports about Indiana making a push for lowry and Masai is apparently shopping him. Masai is scared about losing him for nothing so I thought of this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mabyzug

To tor:
    George Hill
    Danny Granger
    Ian Mahimi
    1st round pick

To Ind:
    Kyle Lowry
    Amir Johnson
    Landry Fields
    Steve Novak

Why Ind:
    They get what they want in lowry. We give them a workhouse in amir and an elite shooter in novak. They will have to take fields off our hands to take of our hands for us to accept this trade.

Why tor:
    For a playoff run, we still need a PG. We can start either hill or vasquez. We get depth at the wing in granger and can start or preferably bring him of the bench. We also get a big with SIZE. Something that we lack. Also a first rounder to even out the trade. We can let go of granger after this season.

Lineups after trade:

Hill/Vasquez/Buycks/Stone
    Derozan/Salmons
    Ross/Granger/Daye
    Patterson/Hansbrough
    Valanciunas/Mahimi/Hayes

Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This trade in particular adds way too much money for them next year. They are a small market team and probably can't afford to pay tax. So if they do this, they won't be able to re-sign neither Lowry nor Lance Stephenson.

In general, Fox Sports is probably full of BS on this one. Indiana looks like one of the best teams in the league, they don't need a major shake up, and Larry Bird isn't a fan of major shake ups in general.

Comment

By the way, you are way underrating George Hill if you think it's a question who would start after this deal -- him or Vasquez. George Hill is a good player. A very good defender, shooter, and while he's more of a combo guard, he's good at finding big men in the post and on pick and roll. He's a much better player than Vasquez.

I think I wouldn't do it for Toronto, by the way. That cap space is nice, the pick is low, but most importantly, if the team isn't tanking, I'd rather try and re-sign Lowry. Lowry is playing at a legit all star level right now. There aren't many guards who are playing better than him this year. So while I like George Hill, it's a big downgrade.

There's a case to be made in favor of the deal, mainly because of cap space, but I'd lean against. Unless of course Ujiri thought Lowry would leave or ask for near max contract.

Anyway, I think the Pacers say no, so the Raptors side would be irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
      X