Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

With the all-star reserves scheduled to be announced tomorrow, I figured it would be a good time for RR prognosticators to put on their Nostradamus hat, in an attempt to secure bragging rights.

Which Raptor player(s) will be selected?
    DeRozan
    15.25%
    Lowry
    30.51%
    DeRozan AND Lowry
    54.24%
    None/Other
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

DeRozan.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Both
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

My heart says both and my head says one... I gave the nod to Lowry.

Comment

yeah, I voted with my heart, not my head

Comment

I gotta say both will be added and rightfully so.

Comment

With all the talk around Demar, I think he's a lock. At this point, I'd be VERY surprised if Demar didn't make it.

I think Kyle is going to slip in there though, after his Triple-Double and recent 30 point game.

Comment

I think Derozan is a lock with all the U.S media attention he gets, and Lowry should make it but the coaches are likely to split the votes between him and Derozan
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If it were a fan vote - DD, but since the coaches are picking, I voted for Lowry. I just can't see both making it, but would love to be shown wrong.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I hope both make it.

It only helps the Raptors if they both stay or eventually go.

Comment

I think both deserve in but there's no way they put two Raptors. I think there's a significantly higher chance of there being no Raptor than there being two (just because I'm incredibly confident that they'll split the Raptor vote).

With that said, I'd say Lowry deserves it more based on play/impact, but I think the higher PPG will give Demar the nod.
                      Last edited by Just Is; Wed Jan 29, 2014, 04:10 PM.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

A few beat writers have been talking about how Kyle's perception as not getting along with his coaches hurts the likelihood of other coaches voting for him. Which would be awful if that was the case, but I can't help wondering if those writers have talked to coaches and picked up on it. But on the other hand, if Latrell Spreewell can be voted an all-star a couple years after physically choking PJ Carlisimo, they should be able to look past almost anything.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                          A few beat writers have been talking about how Kyle's perception as not getting along with his coaches hurts the likelihood of other coaches voting for him. Which would be awful if that was the case, but I can't help wondering if those writers have talked to coaches and picked up on it. But on the other hand, if Latrell Spreewell can be voted an all-star a couple years after physically choking PJ Carlisimo, they should be able to look past almost anything.
                          Yeah, I can't see Frank Vogel (for example) being like, "Kevin McHale once told me a story about Lowry. It took place 3 years ago. I'm gonna vote for Dion Waiters instead".

Comment

Well the way Lowry's been torching team after team this season if he doesn't get the love from coaches it will be the snub of all snubs. If the season ended today he would likely be top 10 in MVP voting, put it that way.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I fear that this kind of thinking might not bode well for DeRozan (or at least for both DeRozan and Lowry making the cut): http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...l-breakthrough

Comment

Working...
                              X