Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Joe Johnson did not get in because of his previous appearances. He got in because they wanted a guy to represent the Brooklyn Nets, and he was chosen as the 'best' player from that team. If Deron wasn't injured and played better it would have been him. If Pierce or KG played like they did in Boston then one of them would have been selected. Even if Kyrie didn't get voted in by the fans as a starter he would have made it because they would have wanted someone to represent the Cavs.
    So how do you think that happens? The league tells the coaches who to vote for? Or the coaches just vote for the league's best interests rather than who they think deserves to be in? Or the league looks at the ballots and then just adjusts the ballots as they see fit? I'm not saying that these things aren't possible, I'm just curious about how you think this conspiracy is set up. I think it's more likely that coaches are voting based on reputation, but with the NBA I wouldn't rule anything out.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      So how do you think that happens? The league tells the coaches who to vote for? Or the coaches just vote for the league's best interests rather than who they think deserves to be in? Or the league looks at the ballots and then just adjusts the ballots as they see fit? I'm not saying that these things aren't possible, I'm just curious about how you think this conspiracy is set up. I think it's more likely that coaches are voting based on reputation, but with the NBA I wouldn't rule anything out.
      I think when a coach is writing down players names and he sees 2 players from a team barely above 500 (Raptors) and 2 names from a team top of the conference (Pacers) he goes back and crosses one of those Raptor names out. It's not a conspiracy, it's human nature. And again, I really don't think NBA coaches spend that much time making their picks, certainly they don't spend as much time thinking about it as the people commenting on it on the Internet.

Also keep in mind, Brooklyn was the hottest team in the league in January, you almost feel obligated to give them a representative.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        I'm not saying that these things aren't possible, I'm just curious about how you think this conspiracy is set up. I think it's more likely that coaches are voting based on reputation, but with the NBA I wouldn't rule anything out.
        If so I bet this is how Lowry feels right now. He totally deserves to be in way more than JJ, considering the standings of the teams and his recent play.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

Somewhere out there, Bryan Colangelo is sitting in some pimped out cigar lounge stroking his cat and saying, "that's right".
          He's stroking something, all right.

All this validation of his eye for talent (DD all star, Lowry near miss, Ross 51, etc) means he will be able to find work again. Which will be good for us if we have to trade with him.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
            Lowry wants to be a fucking All-Star:
            Suddenly I am less concerned about the contract year.
            What do you mean?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              What do you mean?
              I think he means that even after Lowry's contract year he will continue to play hard, in order to get into the all star game.
              OG is our king

Comment

• Kyle Lowry wasn't snubbed from the All-Star game.

He was straight up robbed by probably the most average of average NBA players in the league. Christ's sake, Joe Johnson? Goodness gracious. I understand the current success and his impact in the month, but... in one month he's suddenly more worthy than Kyle Lowry in half a season?

For what it's worth, I would love to re-sign Lowry, no matter what, the dude plays with so much intensity, and with a chip on his shoulder.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  Kyle Lowry wasn't snubbed from the All-Star game.

He was straight up robbed by probably the most average of average NBA players in the league. Christ's sake, Joe Johnson? Goodness gracious. I understand the current success and his impact in the month, but... in one month he's suddenly more worthy than Kyle Lowry in half a season?

For what it's worth, I would love to re-sign Lowry, no matter what, the dude plays with so much intensity, and with a chip on his shoulder.
                  Here's the thing: he's not even average. According to his PER, he's below league average.

Lowry's stats are STILL better than Joe Johnson's by a large margin when just looking at his hot month. Lowry's literally better in every category. There is literally no guard (shooting or point) that has a higher PER than Lowry in the East outside of Wade and Wade's played less game. There is LITERALLY no guard in the LEAGUE that has a higher win share than Lowry either. To put that in perspective: Lowry's win share is higher than the win share of Wade and Irving put together with the only players in the league having higher win shares than Lowry being Lebron, Durant, Kevin Love and Paul George.

It really was a robbery here.
                  Last edited by Just Is; Fri Jan 31, 2014, 05:25 AM.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I think the worst part about the snub, is that this was Lowry's best chance to be an all star. He's literally the best point guard in the east right now (every advanced stat and the eye test supports it) and currently playing like one of the best players in the league period. If THAT can't get you a damn all star nod, what can?

Especially considering that, even if he somehow manages to improve his play next year, if players like Rondo and Rose are healthy, even if he's playing better than them AND the Raptors have a better record, he'll still lose out to them based on their reputation.

I'm happy for Demar and all (and he absolutely deserves to be an all star this year), but no one deserved an All Star nod more than Lowry this year if the decision to put Joe Johnson in really came as a result of coaches not wanting to put two Raptors in.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Joe Johnson is a allstar f stats. He destroyed demar when we played him. And every team has to base their game around stoping him when they face that team. U guys plz don't hate him belongs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Here's the thing: he's not even average. According to his PER, he's below league average.

Lowry's stats are STILL better than Joe Johnson's by a large margin when just looking at his hot month. Lowry's literally better in every category. There is literally no guard (shooting or point) that has a higher PER than Lowry in the East outside of Wade and Wade's played less game. There is LITERALLY no guard in the LEAGUE that has a higher win share than Lowry either. To put that in perspective: Lowry's win share is higher than the win share of Wade and Irving put together.

It really was a robbery here.
                        This is a real eye-opener for the non-believers. Perhaps you should have forwarded this comment to the NBA coaches before the selection?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          Joe Johnson is a allstar f stats. He destroyed demar when we played him. And every team has to base their game around stoping him when they face that team. U guys plz don't hate him belongs

These are DD and Joe's stats in the two match-ups against each other this season.

Joe: 21pts 6reb 4ast
                          DD: 27pts 6reb 3ast

Joe: 11pts 6reb 6ast
                          DD: 26pts 7reb 5ast

I wouldn't say he destroyed Demar.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Look at the team joe johnson is on

Comment

• lolwut ? T Ross shut him down completely the last two times we played them 3-10 and 4-13 from the field, did nothin.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                Look at the team joe johnson is on

Dude, you said "he destroyed Demar" ... He didn't. That's the point I'm making. The team he's on doesn't matter.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X