Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Well, maybe if that team had no other All-Star. Fact is, a borderline tank team (which we were for the first half of the season) really shouldn't have two All-Star players.
    So, I guess that's why they make their selections at this time of year, when it's not guessing who is or isn't "borderline tanking". Great idea, but too bad it didn't help Kyle.

Comment

• What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        I suspect it does affect the voting. Did Kevin McHale vote for Lowry? I somehow doubt it. That's one vote right there.

Honestly, I've no idea why you think that this is a Toronto thing. DeRozan made the All Star game. He plays in Toronto.
        Yea because they had to vote for at least one or there would be an even bigger uproar than there is right now

Comment

• OMGGGGGGG chris bosh and DD will be wearing the same jersey
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
            So, I guess that's why they make their selections at this time of year, when it's not guessing who is or isn't "borderline tanking". Great idea, but too bad it didn't help Kyle.
            No, they make their selections at this time of the year because it's halfway through the season.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Should have voted for Lowry to get in to start. As a whole country we should have been a big enough market to get him in over Irving. Just shows you how little people care about the raptors in this country now. Yet I am not a real fan.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                Hey, I never said it should be a factor. I'm pretty sure it is with him. Or it could be a combination of the two :P

[IMG] [/IMG]
                Wait. What?! We're in a different country? No wonder I can't find espn ocho! Just a pain to see that from a group of writers that often (okay...sometimes) respect the raps.

Comment

• I've seen on twitter that the voting between Joe Johnson and Kyle Lowry was extremely close! How did JJ even get any consideration??
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
                    So you're saying we should be able to keep him on the cheap now, because it's not a matter of performance. I have my doubts that our own GM values him any less now than a couple of hours ago, but if you think it will make a big difference elsewhere, that would be marvelous!
                    Nope, I'm not saying this at all, not sure why you jumped to that conclusion.

salmon wrote: View Post
                    I've seen even very recent talk of trading Kyle, due greatly to fear of losing him for nothing. So with the "all-star marketing" concept in mind, what teams do you think will compete for Kyle this summer, and pay how many extra millions for Kyle, due to his marketing over performance?
                    Not very much, relative to the whole contract. Maybe a half mil or one mil per.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• lance stephenson is about to drop another triple double.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post

Not to be completely clueless but is "Cpt T.o" an amalgam of Compton and toronto?

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          Yea because they had to vote for at least one or there would be an even bigger uproar than there is right now
                          If you mean that Demar and Lowry split votes because the Raptors record doesn't scream '2 all stars', I agree.

If you mean that Toronto as a place is to blame here, then I think you are reaching.

I think it's fairly simple, mediocre team, 1 popular young player who scored a bunch of points, and a better player who had burned a few bridges with some of the coaches. Most coaches felt they had to pick one. They picked the "nice" one.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Not to be completely clueless but is "Cpt T.o" an amalgam of Compton and toronto?
                            loool yup
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              I think so. I guess he's just remarking on his journey from Compton to Toronto to stardom.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the pacers

Comment

Working...
                                X