Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote:
    Your not the only one eating crow.

Axel
    Matt52
    CalgaryRapsFan
    OldSkool2cool
    IBlastOff
    Nilanka

Told you guys I would call you out. Eat crow haters!
    I don't know about you but that's a good looking RR roster right there! They can play on my team any day.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Lowry did get snubbed but it's just people (very knowledgeable people) voting and things like being the best team since January (Nets), having a shitty attitude (Lance Stephenson) and "How can we have two Raptors if we only have two Pacers" (Lowry) plays a big part in people's voting.

I'm happy for DeMar........actually I'm really really happy I get A Raptor to cheer for in the game once again. Lowry is more deserving than JJ, Irving and even Derozan but whatever it's an All-Star game, and Lowry is young enough, he'll have more chances.

Comment

• B/R on Lowry and DeMar

DeMar: "Don't get me wrong, DeMar DeRozan has had a fantastic year—especially since Rudy Gay skipped town.

But naming him to the East reserves ahead of teammate Kyle Lowry is difficult to comprehend.

The counting numbers are there for the Raps' shooting guard, but it's hard to look at a 42.8 field-goal percentage and a 30.8 three-point percentage and come away saying, "Yeah, that guy's one of the 12 best players in his conference."

It's great that DeRozan will be in New Orleans, but it's pretty stunning that he'll be there ahead of some more deserving candidates.

"

Lowry: " If you've read this far, you're well aware that Lowry didn't make the cut.

That's a real shame, and is easily the biggest snub among East reserves. But it wasn't unforeseeable.

Many analysts were ready for this one, including Grantland's Zach Lowe: "One Eastern Conference guard has a higher PER than Kyle Lowry, and that player (Wade) has missed 13 games. (Yes, I'm preparing my snub rant)."

Apparently, Lowry's reputation for crankiness and allegedly difficult personality really came back to bite him. If he were being judged on statistics alone, there wouldn't be a way to justify his exclusion.
        "

Comment

• DeMar is also tied with Millsap as the cheapest All-Star this year ($9.5 million), although obviously excluding players on their rookie contracts.

Comment

• DeMAr DeRozan well deserved. FINALLY!

Comment

• I watched this kid get drafted :')
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Jesus Christ, such shitty voting.

I like Demar, but he is not an all star. No idea how the 2nd best player on our team makes it over our best player. Joe Johnson is an even bigger joke.

Kyle and AD both deserved to be in this year.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  I watched this kid get drafted :')
                  Toronto built him from the ground up! So proud.

Comment

• The fact that Joe Johnson is a reserve over a many much more deserving players, shows just how flawed the NBA system really is.
                    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      DeMar is also tied with Millsap as the cheapest All-Star this year ($9.5 million), although obviously excluding players on their rookie contracts.
                      Isn't Demar also at $9.5M?
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• The silver lining of snub

Let's begin with the obvious - this year's All-Star selections once again affirms that this "elite" status in the NBA really doesn't actually mean shit. The selection of Joe Johnson is hilarious. Really, being an All-Star in the NBA means so very little.

BUT - the players don't see it that way, nor should they.
                        It doesn't matter how unfair or trivial the selection process is, every player really wants to be an All-Star.
                        It's like being knighted, or getting a PhD.
                        Now you're a sir.
                        Now you're a doctor.
                        Now you're an all-star.

Lowry wants to be a fucking All-Star:
                        Suddenly I am less concerned about the contract year.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Isn't Demar also at $9.5M?
                          Yep, that's what I meant by tied with Millsap at $9.5 million.

Comment

• Personally, Irving getting voted in ruined the EAst. Wall is much better than Kyrie, but Kyrie must have better agents around him, with tv ads, etc. That pushed Wall to the reserves. Lowry still should have made it. Joe Johnson has not been playing like an Allstar for years. Lowry and Lance were snubbed. Both have reputations of being "difficult." Politics over basketball I guess.

That all said - Congrats to DeMar. Dude works hard. He's the first homegrown talent since Bosh to make the game. For all the hoopla behind the fantasies that AB was supposed to become an Allstar he never has had the drive that DeMar and Kyle have.

That's how you become an Allstar. And next year, when both Kyle and DeMar are in the game for the Raptors there's going to be a lot of people eating humble pie about this year being a fluke. There's nothing flukey about hard work. And finally this team is built around players that work hard and believe in teamwork.

Congrats again to DD and here's to JJ getting a hangnail, or mild sprain, or minor stomach virus that keeps him out of the game and lets KL get his shine.

Comment

• I'm glad the general opinion around John Wall has changed. I've always been a fan of this guy. I think he's going to be the next great PG in the NBA. The guys court vision is right up there with Chris Paul in my opinion.

Comment

• Joe Johnson did not get in because of his previous appearances. He got in because they wanted a guy to represent the Brooklyn Nets, and he was chosen as the 'best' player from that team. If Deron wasn't injured and played better it would have been him. If Pierce or KG played like they did in Boston then one of them would have been selected. Even if Kyrie didn't get voted in by the fans as a starter he would have made it because they would have wanted someone to represent the Cavs.

It's very political unfortunately but so is life. Lowry I'm sure would love having a few days off to relax with his family.

I don't really like the all-star game. Loved it as a kid, but as an adult just find it tedious and boring. Hope DD has some fun and is able to get some highlight reel dunks in as I'll be watching those when the game ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X