Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greivis Vasquez, or Jose Calderon?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...140129-3128478

Man, I don't know about you, but it's hard for me not to like Greivis Vasquez.

Well spoken, obviously team first, and wants to learn and stay a Raptor.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

calderon. i'd take a dependable 3 point shot than an ugly ass floater any day.

Comment

Vasquez is Calderon without a jump shot !
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Is this a serious question? Calderon in a HEARTBEAT.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Calderon. He used to be so consistent taking those jumpshots off of screens. Vasquez is a streaky shooter which can be a problem. One thing that vasquez has to work on though are his floaters, man those are ugly. But other than that, they are very similar players.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            calderon. i'd take a dependable 3 point shot than an ugly ass floater any day.
            Honestly the ugliest thing i've ever seen.
            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

The funny thing is that was the one thing people from Sacramento said he did well. They said he was almost automatic with the floater. It's funny how since he's come here it's become non existent.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Calderon...and that's not a slight to GV.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Calderon and that 07-08 Assist to Turnover Ratio. Although Greivis' numbers are down across the board and I don't think he has shown us his true game yet.

Comment

I think we all give GV a little to hard of a time. He makes some bone headed mistakes that Jose never would but Jose was just on another level when it came to running a team. Most point guards aren't that good. For a backup point guard GV is pretty good. He's also been playing better of late. You can see he is finally starting to feel better from that surgery he had in the offseason.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

JC is the better player, but I'd rather have GV for a couple of reasons. Most importantly GV is cheaper. $4M cheaper. Also GV is a true backup and would not create any kind of PG controversy. When was the last time the Raptors did not have a PG controversy? Seems like its been forever.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        JC is the better player, but I'd rather have GV for a couple of reasons. Most importantly GV is cheaper. $4M cheaper. Also GV is a true backup and would not create any kind of PG controversy. When was the last time the Raptors did not have a PG controversy? Seems like its been forever.
                        This is true. Also from the eye test he's a slightly better defender than Jose. I think him being 6'6 helps him a bit. He's able to recover decently well when he gets beat at times because his length disrupts the other teams point guard.

Comment

I gotta say that Greivis is showing that he really wants to be a part of the team. You can tell he's putting in a full effort game in and game out, and everytime you watch his post game interviews, he is so excited to talk about his team. Man is so humble. I love it!

Comment

GV has much larger balls than Calderon. Isnt afraid to make things happen on his own Calderon passes too much and is reluctant to shoot on his own despite have a beautiful shot.

I like gutsy players and GV is one of em.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              GV has much larger balls than Calderon. Isnt afraid to make things happen on his own Calderon passes too much and is reluctant to shoot on his own despite have a beautiful shot.

I like gutsy players and GV is one of em.
                              So do I. That's why I always liked Kyle over Jose when everyone was feeling Jose. We got accustomed to Jose but I always said Jose was WAY too passive on our team. And he couldn't get to the basket like Kyle and just change the game the way Kyle can. And let's not talk about defense lol. Kyle was more like the new age point guards and I just knew in time he would be successful. Jose is still good and I love him as a person and appreciate what he did for us but I'm so glad we picked Kyle over Jose.

Comment

Working...
                              X