Raptors Open To Trading CB4 For D. Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    bosh is a phenomenal player but sometimes, you have to get someone who fits in your system, and currently bosh does not. david lee fits more in triano's offensive schemes and will definitely be a better compliment to the styles of jack, turk, bargs and jose. bosh usually gets his points off the dribble, he commands the ball a lot and takes more jumpshots than drives.=
    The minute Colangelo starts trading away stars for role players in an attempt to complement Triano's style is the minute I stop watching Raptors games. Then there's the fact that I don't want them finding anyone to complement Jack or Calderon. They're the PGs, they complement others. If they can't do that then the hell with both of them.

If Bosh goes I want to see a star come in or a bunch of good young players, with good contract AND draft picks. I want to see them take the Grizzlies recent approach if this is going to end up being a rebuild AGAIN in the summer.

Here's a good question. If Colangelo's crap teams lead to Bosh leaving town does this in turn to Colangelo being shown the door? I mean seriously, if Bosh leaves the Raptors have absolutely nothing to show for Colangelo's reign. All the charisma and big collars in the world won't save him if he has another stank ass season next year. He needs players who want to work and a coach who has some balls.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Mar 12, 2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

If Bosh leaves, BC absolutely has to be fired.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Bosh and Colangelo's fates are intertwined. As gut wrenching as it will be, Bosh leaving isn't the end of the world. I'd rather blow up the team than deal with this same team for the next 3-4 years.

The only optimism for the franchises past, present and future lies in this forum. Everyone else in the league thinks Bosh is gone and even if he stays the raps are a 1st round play off exit at best.

No first round picks and no FA's to sign except our own and we probably can't even do that.

Even if Bosh resigns, it should only act as a life preserver for BC. He's mortgaged the future for a lackluster present.

Comment

You are probably right. After all, they didn't extend his contract..just picked up the option.

The annoying thing to me is that whether Bosh stays or not is sort of irrelevant...I don't see how this team becomes any good in the future.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
            The annoying thing to me is that whether Bosh stays or not is sort of irrelevant...I don't see how this team becomes any good in the future.
            Re: the team...I view the entire coaching unit as integral to it's success. I still believe in the inherent talent on the team and I have yet to come to terms with the fact that Hedo has fallen off the cliff performance wise ...surely he did not lose it "overnight". All to say that there is one more card to play and cashier the whole coaching group (with or without Bosh).

Just asking: If we had a Scott Skiles coaching the Raps...or even a Lawrence Frank...

Comment

Since we are into trade conjecture here, the following seems to me the best option I have seen re: an exchange for Bosh:

"It could very well work out that Bosh resigns with the Raptors, but pretend he were to bolt. The Rockets could potentially offer a combination of wings in Battier or Ariza. They also have Jefferies whom would be an expiring contract, but most importantly future assets such as Jordan Hill, who's shown signs in the last two games, what will be a lottery pick this season, the Knicks 2012 pick, and potentially open to the idea of trading a resigned Scola, or even Brooks perhaps for the services of Bosh."

Another makeover opportunity for BC!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...the-off-season

Comment

I don't see us getting much of a better deal then david lee. plus, he might actually want to be here and i think hed be a good fit.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Since we are into trade conjecture here, the following seems to me the best option I have seen re: an exchange for Bosh:

"It could very well work out that Bosh resigns with the Raptors, but pretend he were to bolt. The Rockets could potentially offer a combination of wings in Battier or Ariza. They also have Jefferies whom would be an expiring contract, but most importantly future assets such as Jordan Hill, who's shown signs in the last two games, what will be a lottery pick this season, the Knicks 2012 pick, and potentially open to the idea of trading a resigned Scola, or even Brooks perhaps for the services of Bosh."

Another makeover opportunity for BC!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...the-off-season
                  If he gets sent to The Rockets the first guy I would want is Kyle Lowry assuming he can be signed to a decent long term contract as he is RFA. Lowry and Jack would solidify the PG position for The Raptors. Then I want Jordan Hill. I will pass on Scola because of his age. Then I would attempt to get either Battier or Ariza. Battier is old, but still a good defender. I do wonder how many years he has left being a top notch defender, and if he can teach some of the tricks of his trade to young wing players like Demar, Marco, and Weems. Ariza is younger, and long term probably the better asset, but I heard he passed up more money from Toronto this summer, so I am not sure he would be willing to come to The Raps in a trade. Maybe you could even get Houston's first rounder this year.

Jack (26)/Lowry (23)/ Calderon
                  Ariza (24)/Marco (23)/Weems (23)
                  Hedo/Demar (20)
                  Amir (22)/ Hill (22)
                  Bargs (24)/ Rasho

Obviously you would prefer to move Calderon and Hedo, and Calderon could be moved without to much of a problem, but it is unlikely you get anything meaningful in return. Hedo would be a lot tougher. The best you could hope for is that Orlando flames out in the post-season this year, and VC is awful, then you might be able to ship him back in return for VC, who only has 4 million guaranteed on the final year of his deal.
                  I Am Shutup

Comment

Working...
                  X