Interesting 'JV' Fact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 'JV' Fact

I was looking at Jonas is NBA game log for this season and I had quickly realized that when JV has at least 10FGA the team wins
    JV had 16 games so far when he had at least 10FGA's and the Raptors are 12-4 when JV has at least 10FGA

Another stat About JV-
    JV has 19 games so far this season where he grabbed at least 10 rebounds or more and the Raptors are 14-5 when JV grabs at least 10 Boards
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

The raptors have also won 13 of 15 when Jonas has 12 points. Give the man some touches!

Comment

Raptors are 25-0 when they outscore their opponent
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Shhhhhhh. Don't let the other teams know about that one. They might to do the same.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          lol, don't ya love anecdotal data

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
            The raptors have also won 13 of 15 when Jonas has 12 points. Give the man some touches!
            JV needs to play in fourth quarter. He gets better as game goes on.

Comment

I've noticed a few patterns like this (I.e. when JV gets more FGAs, rebounds, points and minutes we tend to win). This definitely indicates a strong correlation between his individual performance and the team's. However I think this has more to do with Casey benching him when he doesn't play well than the assuming that all he needs is play time to put up statistics
              Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

Comment

Abused Raptors Fan wrote: View Post
                I've noticed a few patterns like this (I.e. when JV gets more FGAs, rebounds, points and minutes we tend to win). This definitely indicates a strong correlation between his individual performance and the team's. However I think this has more to do with Casey benching him when he doesn't play well than the assuming that all he needs is play time to put up statistics
                It's a valid point related to Casey's short leash with young players vs. veterans. Veterans are allowed to make the same mistakes over and over, but Casey still sticks with them - Gay and Vasquez come to mind immediately. If JV or Ross make mistakes in the 1st quarter, then they don't always get a chance to redeem themselves later in the game, and definitely not in the fourth quarter.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Correlation doesn't equal causation.

JV may get 12 points or more, or 10 FGA attempts or more, in wins because the Raps are more willing to run plays to a low option when the game is out of hand or when the opponent is weak.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    Thank you.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Thank you.
                      Then how do you explain the fact that the average shoe size of the prison population is significantly larger than the general population?

I suppose you could claim that two unrelated things overlap here, like for instance that more inmates are male and men have larger feet, on average, if you wanted to ignore the OBVIOUS FACT THAT PEOPLE WITH BIG FEET ARE CRIMINALS!!!!

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                        Then how do you explain the fact that the average shoe size of the prison population is significantly larger than the general population?

I suppose you could claim that two unrelated things overlap here, like for instance that more inmates are male and men have larger feet, on average, if you wanted to ignore the OBVIOUS FACT THAT PEOPLE WITH BIG FEET ARE CRIMINALS!!!!
                        Ronald McDonald tried to sell me a nickel bag of hash on my sixth birthday. True story.

Earlier in the season I felt we played better with Val but of late he seems to be struggling. Think he probably needs the summer off of competitive ball and more work on lower body strength and conditioning.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          But at what point does correlation equal causation. Those splits were pretty one sided....

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            But at what point does correlation equal causation. Those splits were pretty one sided....
                            theres never a 'point' that it does. it totally depends on a ton of variables. its like saying demar derozan has been in the starting lineup for numerous seasons and we've had an overall losing record therefore i guess he needs to go. its just a random stat that just happens to line up with each other.

Comment

I'm agree 100%... JV is a work in progress and this season is revealing the improving areas for him. I really hope we can develop him in the right way.

Also, this team needs another C and another PF too, we have like 5 PGs?, well with the execption of Klow and GV (that means 1.5 PGs) the rest are awful; let's get rid of all of them and get a veteran C to relieve JV and give us some quality D time against more experienced C in the league. I'm pretty happy with 2Pat (come in for Amir)... but we need someone else (taller and with some offense skills) than Chuck'e cheese Hayes to take this team to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                              X