Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top5Pick wrote: View Post
    Fuck Picks get RINGS !
    so you're essentially saying to go fuck yourself?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      so you're essentially saying to go fuck yourself?
      ahahahahahaah
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        this has already been discussed to great depth already

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ght=kevin+love
        Oh nooooo I made a thread that's already been made call the internet police !! quit being such a nerd !!

Comment

I really question what the trade market is for Love right now. There's been a lot of speculation about him winding up in LA, which has to sour the market if there's any truth to it. It makes no sense for the vast quantity of tanking teams out there to acquire him in a trade, with no guarantee of resigning him beyond 2015. He presumably wants to be on a contender, not a rebuilder (with possible exceptions for sexy markets like LA who have the ability to rebuild in a hurry). Yet the team also needs to have about $15 million in matching salary they can spare, plus draft picks or prospects to throw in, probably. And the team would need to handle the risk of losing him for nothing in a season and a half, and be able to stomach playing an imperfect player what's going to be a $20 million contract in a few years (an $18 million max contract over five years plus incremental raises). There's probably only a handful of teams out there who would be able to make a serious pitch for him right now. Three first-rounders and a solid starter on a decent contract? I just don't see many teams willing to make that offer right now to absorb the sort of uncertainty.

Minnesota will probably wait until the offseason at the earliest when the market for Love might heat up a bit.

Comment

People keep saying a scoring 3 but with the emergence of TRoss that allows DD to play the 3 and the great play of 2Pat, who should stay coming off the bench btw. Its pretty obv and that its a legit 4 and there's actually an elite 4 available who would fit perfect in Casey's offense.... Kevin Love ! all around player can score from anywhere and rebound with the best. I love Amir and so do a lot fans, and he's come a long way too but he's peaked at his position and with the pieces in place, thats what would take them over into a championship contending team.

As to how to get here i would think our 1st(this year)and next year, NY's 1st, Amir who is at his peak for trade value and some fill ins for salary purposes.

To Toronto - Kevin Love

To Minnesota - Amir, 3- 1st rd picks and some fillers.

I would think the Wolves would do it because as it looks right now Klove is going to opt out this year and explore the market and probably not resign with the Wolves, so for them to get a lot of value before he just leaves and they get nothing.

8 man rotation would be ;

Lowry
            Ross
            DD
            Love
            JV
            Salmons(Hansborough if healthy enough)
            2Pat
            Vazquez

Pretty solid to go into the playoffs.
            It's not bad... don't get me wrong I'm Amir's fan that guy is the soul of this team, but Love is what we need... you made me think about Love and 2Pat and looks great!. Also, we need another C to help with more experience C's around the league. from my side you wont get torched...

Comment

Fuck Picks get RINGS !
              So ironic given your handle. Haha

Comment

love is on his way to Los Angeles in 2015
                ya dun noe

Comment

I agree with that the Raptors really need an upgrade at the starting 4 (plus, I think having Amir slide over to the back up 5 (if he's not traded) solves that problem as well). I agree with the idea of Kevin Love fitting perfectly there...but that's as far as I'd go. I wouldn't want to trade anything for Kevin Love as I'm pretty sure we aren't keeping him past the next season (I think he's pretty locked into where he wants to play next) and its simply not worth the amount of resources it would take to get him in the first place.

I think someone like Greg Monroe would be more desirable to me (even given his poor defense). Not to mention that I think we could probably pick him up cheap given the mess that is the Detroit front court.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                    I agree with that the Raptors really need an upgrade at the starting 4 (plus, I think having Amir slide over to the back up 5 (if he's not traded) solves that problem as well). I agree with the idea of Kevin Love fitting perfectly there...but that's as far as I'd go. I wouldn't want to trade anything for Kevin Love as I'm pretty sure we aren't keeping him past the next season (I think he's pretty locked into where he wants to play next) and its simply not worth the amount of resources it would take to get him in the first place.

I think someone like Greg Monroe would be more desirable to me (even given his poor defense). Not to mention that I think we could probably pick him up cheap given the mess that is the Detroit front court.
                    I like Monroe as well. I am also concerned about his defence, but for me that's more about losing Amir than it is about Monroe's possible lack of defence. Amir just does so much in the paint and is our best help defender by far, and those are shoes I doubt Monroe could fill. But, having a consistent low post presence would be of major benefit to the Raps offence. Also, if JV were to develop a better low post game, I wonder if it would be good to have two guys that fill that role in the starting lineup? It would be nice if one could operate out of the high post, and maybe JV could develop that aspect. I'm not sure how Monroe would look in the high post. This is a reason I might prefer Love.

Also, Amir makes up for our sometimes poor perimeter D, so we would need to tighten up around the arc if he was traded or moved to the bench, or either JV or Monroe would have to play great help D in the paint.

So you wonder if Casey could get a lot more out of Monroe defensively than what Detroit is? I would say yes, but would it be enough to make up for an Amir loss from the starting line?

I am also concerned about chemistry if we pick up a guy like Love. His addition would completely change the way we play ball. Do the remaining players buy in to a new system? Do they accept Love as the top dog? There is just something that itches at me when I think of adding a superstar talent like Love, because normally you get these guys and build around them, not try and add them to an already successful system. And that is also why I like Monroe a little better. I think the demands (adjustments) on the team as well as Monroe would be far less than the same demands (adjustments) if adding Love. This is obviously something that MU and Casey are better equipped to determine.

And of course, what you said, he is much cheaper than Love and less likely to leave as we will have his Bird Rights. I really like the idea of a JV/Monroe/Amir/2Pat bigman rotation.

Comment

Kevin Love is signing in LA so I wouldn't waste picks trading for him.

He does yoga all offseason...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8IPDR4Khc

Hello Cali.

Comment

Kevin Love and JV would be a horrible defensive pairing. JV makes so many mistakes, put Amir and the rest of the team hide alot of them. Love is not near the defender Amir is. The Raptors need a healthy Amir and a bigger, stronger wing player (3) to guard the Lebrons, Paul Georges and Durants of the league.

Comment

Until JV gets a little more experience we need a very strong defensive 4. Love would fit this team perfectly after next year.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

We need to resign Lowry (I can't believe I just typed that...)
                            We need an all-star level PF (Amir's best when he comes off the bench as 6th man)
                            We need a backup center
                            and finally
                            We need another all-star level backup 2 to replace Salmons (ie: iggy type)

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                              We need to resign Lowry (I can't believe I just typed that...)
                              We need an all-star level PF (Amir's best when he comes off the bench as 6th man)
                              We need a backup center
                              and finally
                              We need another all-star level backup 2 to replace Salmons (ie: iggy type)
                              I dont think we can move on the bold until we see what we have with JV though. Will he be a force on the offensive or defensive end?

Right now, JV needs a strong defensive PF like Amir to cover for him.

If JV becomes a defensive stopper, like he is capable of being, then we need a low post guy at PF like Monroe.

So...what do you guys think of JV?

(I'm going to keep beating this horse until I get a response god dammit)
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post

So...what do you guys think of JV?
                                I think he has the potential to be really good on both ends of the floor, but I do not think he will dominate either end. I see him being a better offensive player than defensive player, but also one of the best rebounders in the league. I would love for him to develop the timing, footwork and IQ to be a great shot-blocker.

So far this season I think JV has really struggled with the whistle, and rightfully so as it's been terribly inconsistent all season. This has to be very frustrating for him, as he is obviously adjusting to being in the NBA and learning the NBA game, while trying to improve and stay on the floor through mistakes and foul trouble. It's not easy for the guy and Casey hasn't given him a long leash. If he figures out the ref's to some degree I think he would look better than he presently does. But no doubt he can be a very good player in this league.

Comment

Working...
                                X