Vasquez on the trade block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasquez on the trade block?

Jared Zwerling (Bleacher Report, formerly ESPN) lists Vasquez as one of the guys being mentioned in trade discussions right now.

Good.
    It's about damn time
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Heh.

Vazquez

Comment

Get him outta here ahahah
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          Get him outta here ahahah
          Git that gahbidge outta here!!!
          OG is our king

Comment

He's done fine by me. Prefer if we don't trade him really but wouldn't be deeply disappointed if he did get traded.

Comment

Meh...Random chatter that Bleacher report is pretending is news. Could have some fact to it, but at this time of year probably about 70% (random # out of my ass) of the players in the league have been brought up in trade discussions.

Could just be teams shopping for a PG are asking about him and there hasn't actually been one serious discussion about it.

Comment

Good to hear.

All separate deals:

Novak/OKC 2014 2nd rd and for Miller
                Vasquez for Mosgov (Gay TPE for Mosgov)
                Daye for Hamilton

That is a solid team moving towards playoffs.

Struggling to see why Denver does it outside of money and need for PG right now.
                Saves them $3.3M next year.
                Takes the Miller distraction away.
                Late 2nd round pick for their troubles.

Comment

I know y'all think his bad but you think we would be getting better production from JuJu/Buycks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I know y'all think his bad but you think we would be getting better production from JuJu/Buycks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yeah, I don't see why Toronto does any deal with Vasquez from an on-court standpoint. They'd be really bad behind Lowry, and they're already pretty thin at the wings too. Some kind of decent guard would have to be coming back in any deal....

And then off the court...Vasquez is cheap and expiring. And will trading him really add any quality long-term assets that are worth more than that flexibility?

The only backup PG I see on the market that could help replace him is Andre Miller. He's old, slow and probably worse defensively at this point. He also has another full year at his contract at a relatively costly 4.6 million. He is probably a more savvy player, still knows how to run an offence, and could be a great veteran presence. But meh, I don't see it as a great deal.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I don't see why Toronto does any deal with Vasquez from an on-court standpoint. They'd be really bad behind Lowry, and they're already pretty thin at the wings too. Some kind of decent guard would have to be coming back in any deal....

And then off the court...Vasquez is cheap and expiring. And will trading him really add any quality long-term assets that are worth more than that flexibility?

The only backup PG I see on the market that could help replace him is Andre Miller. He's old, slow and probably worse defensively at this point. He also has another full year at his contract at a relatively costly 4.6 million. He is probably a more savvy player, still knows how to run an offence, and could be a great veteran presence. But meh, I don't see it as a great deal.
                      could be moreso teams calling about Vasquez
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

At this point I think the Raptors would be better off keeping him then trading him.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I really don't see trading him as a good thing. Is there really alot of backup pg's that are going to be better for the team which doesn't require us giving up any good assets? I wouldn't screw up the chemistry for a (maybe) minimal game
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Good to hear.

All separate deals:

Novak/OKC 2014 2nd rd and for Miller
                            Vasquez for Mosgov (Gay TPE for Mosgov)
                            Daye for Hamilton

That is a solid team moving towards playoffs.

Struggling to see why Denver does it outside of money and need for PG right now.
                            Saves them $3.3M next year.
                            Takes the Miller distraction away.
                            Late 2nd round pick for their troubles.
                            is that rip? i wouldn't want a mutineer. would love mozgov as a big back up. and miller is andre miller? that is a much better back up than vasquez.

as for vasquez trade, as long as a capable back up guard comes back i have no problem trading him away. i was very excited when we grabbed him but he has underwhelmed. some games good some games bad and averages out to average. i think someone who brings average every game is more valuable to the bench.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              is that rip? i wouldn't want a mutineer. would love mozgov as a big back up. and miller is andre miller? that is a much better back up than vasquez.
                              Rips a pirate? Rips still in the NBA? Don't think there's a need to trade Vasquez he is an okay backup. To me the issue is the deep bench -- Daye, the guy behind Vasquez, Novak... Not surprised that people would ask about Vasquez -- they asked about Lowry (allegedly). Guess there's a handful of teams looking for PGs and see him as high value.

Comment

Working...
                              X