Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for a RR Column?

Hey forumers,

I'm William Lou (one of the writers on this site) and I'm flush out of ideas for my Thursday afternoon column. Help me out?

Pleases and thank yous,

William

Other than the topics already threaded, off the top of my head:

How since Jan 1 the Raps offence has scored more while playing a slower pace.
    Mid-Season Grades for each Rap + staff
    Raps All-Star history
    Kyle Lowry vs All-Time Raps PGs
    Current team vs 2001: Best of 7
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Do a piece on Dan Tolzman.

He is the freshly minted director of scouting for the Raps brought over from the Nuggets. Masai obviously leans on him so it might be interesting if you could mine some scouting viewpoints from him. I am sure he wont divulge much but you could even make it a personal interest piece. Im not sure he has ever been even quoted in a newspaper.

edit: oops sorry didnt notice u wanted an idea for a Thurs. piece.
      Last edited by Bendit; Wed Feb 5, 2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Just do what Doug Smith does when he has nothing to write about. Post a music video, write about your dog, write about someone in your family who is completely irrelevant to every single person reading, tell us about your favourite beers and pubs and complain about Raptors fans....

Comment

What happens to the Kings? Vasquez and Patterson are RFAs, do they resign? At what price? Salmons team option, is he worth 7 million a season?

Comment

Write a piece that looks at Demar in depth. His public perception, his stats, the team's he played for. His journey from project to all-star.

nvm, done already
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Remembering Gary Forbes
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Past to Present: Map the players on the current roster to previous Raptors players. For example, which former Raptor does Terrence Ross map to? Mo Pete? Anthony Parker? The definition behind the mapping will have to be your own idea (as an example, you could use analytics. But that's boring. Use something subjective and funny).

Comment

We need another column on tanking.

Comment

Do a piece on the fans and the ACC environment. Things are slowly improving and getting more exciting for fans attending the games.

Comment

As a serious note, can we please not have any more articles on tanking, rebuilding, speculative trades, etc. We finally have a team that's playing good basketball and that is basically now capable of winning every night. So, let's talk actual basketball. A column on the club's defense? A column on their 3-pt shooting? A column Derozan's newfound playmaking?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        As a serious note, can we please not have any more articles on tanking, rebuilding, speculative trades, etc. We finally have a team that's playing good basketball and that is basically now capable of winning every night. So, let's talk actual basketball. A column on the club's defense? A column on their 3-pt shooting? A column Derozan's newfound playmaking?
                        After the final buzzer of the last game of the playoffs...............

Comment

A column exploring Demars contract ... Lol

Comment

Write an article on the history of Raptors Republic. Although I have been a Raps fan since day 1, I didn't take my interest to the internet until last March, and have been visiting this site almost daily since, yet, I know little to nothing about the evolution of Raps Republic, and would be interested to learn more.

Cheers, keep up the good work Raps fans!!

Comment

When I was teaching overseas, I was struggling to come up with essay writing topics every week for my high school students. So I threw a bunch of random thoughts on the board and told them to pick one. The best essay I got came from that list and the topic was "Which Teletubby would win a fight to the death?"

Point is, sometimes you gotta just throw some shit and see what sticks.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X