No announcement yet.

So the Cleveland GM got axed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Grant is gone and that Cleveland wants to shake up their roster, Kyrie may be the next one to go.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Sources say the Cavaliers have done background checking on Mark Hughes, who is currently director of pro personnel of Mark Hughes.
      I feel like something got missed here ... LOL

Not surprised Weltman is getting looks though.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Would not be surprised. The way the raps are playing only helps his case. Since his responsible for the whole starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yup, BC had his flaws, but outside of the Bargs pick the rest of his draft picks were solid....come to think of it, wasn't MU on the Raptors staff as an talent scout for all of those picks? How much of the current roster did MU have a hand in I wonder?

Comment

Noooooo

Not Weltman

Dude is a mid draft pick king

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Noooooo

Not Weltman

Dude is a mid draft pick king
            Then he's perfect for Cleveland, since they love drafting mid-draft-pick type players (with top 5 picks).

Comment

Cavs had 4 top 5 draft picks the last 3 years. 3(TT, Waiters and Bennett) of the 4 picks were a reach.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Prime example of analytics gone awry. Advanced stats are only as useful as the minds that build and use them.

On a broader level, rebuilding is only as worthwhile as the person in charge. The Cave "did everything right" when it came to amassing picks and cap space, only to squander those opportunities repeatedly.

Unfortunately that's one less GM who might have been in panic mode at the deadline. They're almost assuredly tanking the rest of the way now.

Comment

Ya the new GM is going to come in and evaluate like Ujiri has. Wait for that high pick and rebuild in the offseason.

Honestly if I were the GM of the Cavs I would trade Kyrie...he is a large part of the problem there, and I don't see him becoming a part of the solution.

Comment

He should have got axed earlier ahha
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Honestly if I were the GM of the Cavs I would trade Kyrie...he is a large part of the problem there, and I don't see him becoming a part of the solution.
                      I remember people were saying the exact same thing about John Wall last season... and also how Kyrie is the polar opposite... put the right people around Kyrie, and he'll be a model professional.

Comment

Kyrie has loads talent.. no way a new GM trades him though. A new GM will want to bring stability. The best way to do that right now is to trade Waiters.

Comment

True, but who in their right mind would want Waiters on their squad? They'll have to add value to move him.

Comment

It's funny a lot ppl on this forum were wishing that we were like the Cavs. Before the season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              True, but who in their right mind would want Waiters on their squad? They'll have to add value to move him.
                              I could see him being moved to a veteran team like SA or Indiana.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-GM-Candidates

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but cavs interested in our assistant gm I believe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X