No announcement yet.

We really need Greg Monroe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin love at the 4 for the raptors would be amazing.

Comment

Monroe is a center anyway IMO. He just doesn't happen to do center stuff.. like...defend the rim.

Comment

I think K Love would be a great fit for the raptors. He's terrific offensively, and addresses all the needs of the Raptors. He's an excellent rebounder, he's a terrific 3 point shooter, and I think that he can JV can co exist well together. Defense will be an issue,

Getting him and ensuring that he will commit to playing here long term are the real issues. It seems like he's destined for the Lakers/other big market teams when he is a FA.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

salmon wrote: View Post
          ummmm, why would you " love a player such as Monroe" who you say " just refuses to play any sort of defense"? (Note: not sure refuses, more than can't, but in either case)
          I like him because of what he brings offensively! If he was paired with Larry Sanders his defense would not look as bad but since JV is not as good as Sanders defensively our frontcourt would be destroyed on most nights
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Amir is our defensive anchor, you get rid of him and there is no defense on that starting lineup.

BTW, It feels good to be back in this forum. I had a blast in other Raptor forums but this one tops it all.

Comment

We should move Amir to the bench as a backup C.
              Kyle Lowry has great chemistry with Patterson. Patterson spaces the floor great for JV. Patterson is also not a horrible defender, and its not like a big drop off compared to Amir.
              Amir plays good P&R and Vasquez can help him get easy points.

Comment

We need a defensive tough minded PF, No Monroe, Love, or Ilyasova. Who are some of the defensive big in the league right now. We have shooters in Lowry, DeRozan, and Ross. We need a defensive big who can produce a little bit better than Amir. Anyone?

Faried?
                Udoh?
                Byombo?
                J.Thompson?

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  We need a defensive tough minded PF, No Monroe, Love, or Ilyasova. Who are some of the defensive big in the league right now. We have shooters in Lowry, DeRozan, and Ross. We need a defensive big who can produce a little bit better than Amir. Anyone?

Faried?
                  Udoh?
                  Byombo?
                  J.Thompson?
                  Faried is not a good defender. So definitely not. Udoh and byombo couldn't produce better than chuck hayes. And jason thompson is a horrible finisher.

Comment

Faried is not a defensive big. Biyombo has absolutely no offensive game. Udoh is a rotation player. J.Thompson is not an upgrade over Amir.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      Faried is not a good defender. So definitely not. Udoh and byombo couldn't produce better than chuck hayes. And jason thompson is a horrible finisher.
                      haha, pretty similar response

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        haha, pretty similar response
                        Haha beat you to it.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Faried?
                          Udoh?
                          Byombo?
                          J.Thompson?
                          Though he's not a "big" defender in the sense of protecting the rim, Ilyasova has actually been a very good defender for most of his career. He doesn't get blocks, but he plays very solid man and team D, and he draws charges very well. *But as even I said in the thread about him, there's really no point to pursuing him now. Maybe if they don't bring back Patterson.

Udoh is probably the best option on that list. But none of those guys produce better than Amir in any tangible or intangible way.

We need to be patient with Jonas. We need a backup big with legit C size behind him, and if we can't get a star (or near-star) PF, platooning a pair like Amir and Patterson (hustle big and a stretch 4 who are both sound defensively) is a pretty good option.

*I wish Hansbrough was a couple inches taller. He plays a lot like a C in many ways.

Comment

Working...
                          X