Trade Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I've been trying to stay away from this line of thinking and just enjoy the good ball and upcoming playoff run. But at the same time I've been thinking about the Raps beyond this year (and refraining from posting those thoughts here) and I keep coming back to DD being the key trade chip if a roster shake up via trade is to happen.

I'm seeking the "He's our guy" confirmation from Casey. Whenever Casey anoints someone 'our guy' they are traded (see: Bargnani, Andrea and Gay, Rudy).
    DeRozan is really the only real asset this team has (age, talent, room for improvement, reasonable salary, under contract for a couple more seasons) that would return a high quality/priced player via trade.

Lowry's contract status likely diminishes his trade value, especially ahead of the 2014 draft.

JV & Ross are on rookie deals and wouldn't return much contract on their own. The Raps would try to use filler, while other teams would probably request additional assets.

Amir is the only other quality player under contract (non-rookie scale), but his injury history and inconsistent play likely diminish his trade value too. He's young, but the mileage on his body belies his age.

Players like Patterson, Vasquez, Hansborough, Novak and Salmons might have some trade value (or their contracts), especially for contending teams, but they're much more likely to return minor assets (ie: 2nd round pick) unless combined as part of a larger deal.

In all honesty, what other coveted assets does this team really have to offer in trade?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      DeRozan is really the only real asset this team has (age, talent, room for improvement, reasonable salary, under contract for a couple more seasons) that would return a high quality/priced player via trade.

Lowry's contract status likely diminishes his trade value, especially ahead of the 2014 draft.

JV & Ross are on rookie deals and wouldn't return much contract on their own. The Raps would try to use filler, while other teams would probably request additional assets.

Amir is the only other quality player under contract (non-rookie scale), but his injury history and inconsistent play likely diminish his trade value too. He's young, but the mileage on his body belies his age.

Players like Patterson, Vasquez, Hansborough, Novak and Salmons might have some trade value (or their contracts), especially for contending teams, but they're much more likely to return minor assets (ie: 2nd round pick) unless combined as part of a larger deal.

In all honesty, what other coveted assets does this team really have to offer in trade?
      Well said. Lowry would bring good return IF the other team was convinced they could re-sign him, but we'd still have to haggle as they'd low ball likely to buy him cheaper. I could see the Knicks crawling back with the previous rumoured deal but otherwise, I don't see a deal happening.

If the team wants to make a splashy move, our draft picks are the only real asset. Personally, I don't want to trade away any picks, but if that is the direction the team wants to go, then I don't see what options are out there.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Outside of draft picks? nothing.

Comment

Ross>>>Green
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Ross>>>Green
            My thoughts exactly, jeff green is making almost 9 mill a year. Seems to be a guy who can get hot from three but is average at almost everything. Don't trade away young assets for a guy like him.

Comment

If a trade were to happen id say Tyler,Novak,Vasquez,Lowry,Amir(not all) would most likely be involved
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think the tough decision regarding DeRozan will come in the off-season, not at the deadline.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                  I think the tough decision regarding DeRozan will come in the off-season, not at the deadline.
                  Yep
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think the two guys most likely to get traded are Psycho T and Vasquez. For what? No idea. A nice big expiring?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I hope they find a suitor for Novak. A TPE or an expiring contract would be perfect.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Ross is a really interesting conundrum. The Raps will not give up on him given his potential. But Demar's AS status on a super friendly contract makes him the likely valuable trade chip IMHO (along with Lowry). Again, not hating on DD but I just don't think Ross' 3 and D skillset is easy to ignore.
                        I wouldn't want to see Ross moved for Green, as he has the potential to be a lock down defender and great 3 point shooter. Totally a poppovich type of player.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          I think the two guys most likely to get traded are Psycho T and Vasquez. For what? No idea. A nice big expiring?
                          Aren't those two probably expiring this year? (if TH opts out)
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Kaman. Get Kaman.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              Aren't those two probably expiring this year? (if TH opts out)
                              man i don't know leave me alone
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Raptors knew Lowry was capable of putting up numbers, but they did not expect this from their 27-year-old point guard, even in a contract year: career highs in scoring (16.6 ppg) and assists (7.4 apg), an offensive rating through the roof (the Raps are averaging 120 points per 100 possessions with Lowry this season) and a PER that is 10th among point guards in the league. Lowry could have easily been an All-Star this season for leading the unlikely Raptors to first place in the Atlantic.

Which makes GM Masai Ujiri's job all the tougher. The Raptors do not want to give Lowry a big-money contract this summer along the lines of what other point guards who've signed extensions recently: Denver's Ty Lawson (four years, $48 million), Golden State's Stephen Curry (four years, $44 million) or New Orleans' Jrue Holiday (four years, $41 million from Philadelphia).

(It should not need to be said that there's no chance of Lowry getting anything approaching John Wall's max deal in Washington.)

For weeks, Lowry was on the trading block. A deal was in the works with the Knicks for Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace and another young player, until Knicks chairman James Dolan reportedly scotched the trade, unwilling to also add a future first-rounder.

But, now, Toronto's in a bit of a bind: The Raptors are playing well, they have a team that fits better since the Rudy Gay trade and Lowry has been sensational. Per Basketball-Reference.com, Lowry's Win Shares -- an estimate of the wins contributed by a single player to his team -- is 7.6, trailing only trailing Kevin Durant (13 wins), LeBron James (9.7), Kevin Love (9.5), Curry and Blake Griffin (8.2 apiece).

Now it appears the Raptors are less likely than more likely to trade Lowry by the deadline. If a team overwhelmed them with an offer, they'd most assuredly listen, but the likelihood is growing that Lowry will finish the season in Toronto. The chance of a division championship is too enticing.

That doesn't mean the Raptors are going to pay him in the summer.

The fear of investing heavily, only to find that this season is fool's gold, a contract drive by a player with a history of injuries, is likely too great. The best guess is that Lowry plays it out, and, depending on how he and the Raptors do down the stretch, he'll be in the driver's seat in the summer. With so many teams having young point guards, though, how much will he get on the open market? (Agents matter; Lowry has Andy Miller, well-respected around the league by general managers, who has the reputation of making fair deals for his clients.)

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ard/index.html

Lowry might not want to hear he is due Dragic-Conley money when he feels he is Lawson-Curry money.

Comment

Working...
                                X